Skip to content

Week 15 NFL TV Maps

The Browns Board
8 4 352
  • Here we go. Once again very limited TV coverage of the Browns game this weekend (and once again not here in Southern West Virginia). The weather looks like upper 60's and sunny in Glendale - not sure if the dome will be open or shut - either way perfect weather.

    CBS.png

    fox early.png

    fox late.png

  • A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

  • A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

    @the-gipper said:

    A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    Jerry Jones must be on the TV rights negotiations committee.

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    I get that. Where I live doesn't really have a "home team". If the Browns were doing better they would be televised here. Was spoiled in NW Ohio as you could count on the Browns on CBS and the Lions on Fox (not that I watched the Lions).

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

  • A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

    @the-gipper said:

    A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

    As usual Gipper- screw dem Bungles. Reason I have to pay big bucks to Direct for Sunday ticket if I want to see replays, or don't feel like going to a bar. 

    As to the Scow-boys, the only other option was Fox showing the 49ers against the even more pathetic 4-9 Falcons. That has all the making of a blowout. What I really don't understand is what they've done recently as to what network gets to show the game. It used to invariably be if the away team was AFC, CBS broadcast the game, and if it was NFC- it went to Fox. That hasn't been 100% the case this year. Inquiring minds want to know why.   

  • @the-gipper said:

    A couple of notations:

    A.  Why do the networks think the country gives 2 shits about the mediocre  Cowboys?

    B. I get it that the Browns/Cardinals game is not a nationwide eye catcher.  One team essentially already eliminated (AZ)....another hanging on by a thread  (Browns)

    C. The biggest game of the day for us, besides the Browns game itself, is that   DATs vs. TITs  game.  played early.   (plus the Bills vs. Steeler game played Sunday night.

    As usual Gipper- screw dem Bungles. Reason I have to pay big bucks to Direct for Sunday ticket if I want to see replays, or don't feel like going to a bar. 

    As to the Scow-boys, the only other option was Fox showing the 49ers against the even more pathetic 4-9 Falcons. That has all the making of a blowout. What I really don't understand is what they've done recently as to what network gets to show the game. It used to invariably be if the away team was AFC, CBS broadcast the game, and if it was NFC- it went to Fox. That hasn't been 100% the case this year. Inquiring minds want to know why.   

    @hoorta said:

    As usual Gipper- screw dem Bungles. Reason I have to pay big bucks to Direct for Sunday ticket if I want to see replays, or don't feel like going to a bar. 

    I didn't think the Bengals game was worth mentioning in this context.

    As to the Scow-boys, the only other option was Fox showing the 49ers against the even more pathetic 4-9 Falcons. That has all the making of a blowout. What I really don't understand is what they've done recently as to what network gets to show the game. It used to invariably be if the away team was AFC, CBS broadcast the game, and if it was NFC- it went to Fox. That hasn't been 100% the case this year. Inquiring minds want to know why.   

    Yea, it used to be a contractual thing.....CBS aired all AFC interconference games...and all  AFC  away games when they played an NFC team.  And vice versa for Fox and the NFC.    But that formula has obviously gone out the window.....and who knows how they determined which network airs a particular game nowadays.  

  • Yea, it used to be a contractual thing.....CBS aired all AFC interconference games...and all  AFC  away games when they played an NFC team.  And vice versa for Fox and the NFC.    But that formula has obviously gone out the window.....and who knows how they determined which network airs a particular game nowadays.

    That's the way I remember it. I wonder if Thursday night changed things.

  • @hoorta said:

    As usual Gipper- screw dem Bungles. Reason I have to pay big bucks to Direct for Sunday ticket if I want to see replays, or don't feel like going to a bar. 

    I didn't think the Bengals game was worth mentioning in this context.

    As to the Scow-boys, the only other option was Fox showing the 49ers against the even more pathetic 4-9 Falcons. That has all the making of a blowout. What I really don't understand is what they've done recently as to what network gets to show the game. It used to invariably be if the away team was AFC, CBS broadcast the game, and if it was NFC- it went to Fox. That hasn't been 100% the case this year. Inquiring minds want to know why.   

    Yea, it used to be a contractual thing.....CBS aired all AFC interconference games...and all  AFC  away games when they played an NFC team.  And vice versa for Fox and the NFC.    But that formula has obviously gone out the window.....and who knows how they determined which network airs a particular game nowadays.  

  • Yea, it used to be a contractual thing.....CBS aired all AFC interconference games...and all  AFC  away games when they played an NFC team.  And vice versa for Fox and the NFC.    But that formula has obviously gone out the window.....and who knows how they determined which network airs a particular game nowadays.

    That's the way I remember it. I wonder if Thursday night changed things.

    @dusty said:

    Yea, it used to be a contractual thing.....CBS aired all AFC interconference games...and all  AFC  away games when they played an NFC team.  And vice versa for Fox and the NFC.    But that formula has obviously gone out the window.....and who knows how they determined which network airs a particular game nowadays.

    That's the way I remember it. I wonder if Thursday night changed things.

    A lot goes into it now including flex scheduling....  https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule

    Sunday afternoons, with early games starting at 1:00 p.m. ET and the late games starting at either 4:05 p.m. ET or 4:25 p.m. ET, depending on whether the game is part of a network doubleheader.

    The Sunday afternoon games are broadcast on Fox (NFC) and CBS (AFC); most games with AFC road teams are shown on CBS, and most of those with NFC road teams are broadcast on Fox.

    Deeper Dive: Learn more about television's impact on the NFL

    Over the first 16 weeks of the season, Fox and CBS will each get eight doubleheaders — meaning that one will show games during both Sunday afternoon time slots, while the other airs a game in only one. They generally alternate doubleheader weeks; but not always. While this may result in one network airing doubleheaders on consecutive weeks, the league prevents either network from airing doubleheaders three weeks in a row......... CONTINUED IN THE FIRST LINK.......