Skip to content

Miami, Fla game watch

The Browns Board
30 5 1.4k
  • Can anyone suggest a Browns-friendly bar to watch the game at in Miami Beach/South Beach area? I’m in Key West and will be traveling back through Miami Sunday. Nearest I could find through the Backer bar locator was in Hollywood, I really don’t want to travel that far. 

  • Can anyone suggest a Browns-friendly bar to watch the game at in Miami Beach/South Beach area? I’m in Key West and will be traveling back through Miami Sunday. Nearest I could find through the Backer bar locator was in Hollywood, I really don’t want to travel that far. 

    @bighitterthelama said:

    Can anyone suggest a Browns-friendly bar to watch the game at in Miami Beach/South Beach area? I’m in Key West and will be traveling back through Miami Sunday. Nearest I could find through the Backer bar locator was in Hollywood, I really don’t want to travel that far. 

    I assume by your comment that you are not going back to Key West....that you are continuing to go north in FLA.  So why wouldn't the Hollywood site work?  It is not that much further north, in the scheme of things.   Unless it is your plan to stay in Miami Beach a few days.

    Nevertheless....in checking the Browns Backers website....I do not see any that are in Dade/Miami.....there are bunches on the west coast from Naples on up past Tampa, and many in Orlando area and Jax...etc.   And 2-3 in Broward Co.....and one in Key West.    So, that is interesting.

  • Wow, a lot of BROWNS backers out there:. https://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/welcome

    Over 450 worldwide.

    The Browns Backers Worldwide is considered to be one of the largest organized fan clubs in all of professional sports with members and clubs established throughout the world. Browns Backers Worldwide exists as a non-profit organization to actively support and positively promote the Cleveland Browns.
    With your membership to the Browns Backers Worldwide, you will stay connected to the Cleveland Browns during the entire year, and you can take advantage of benefits exclusively for Browns Backers only!

    With your Browns Backers Worldwide membership, you will receive:

  • @bighitterthelama said:

    Can anyone suggest a Browns-friendly bar to watch the game at in Miami Beach/South Beach area? I’m in Key West and will be traveling back through Miami Sunday. Nearest I could find through the Backer bar locator was in Hollywood, I really don’t want to travel that far. 

    I assume by your comment that you are not going back to Key West....that you are continuing to go north in FLA.  So why wouldn't the Hollywood site work?  It is not that much further north, in the scheme of things.   Unless it is your plan to stay in Miami Beach a few days.

    Nevertheless....in checking the Browns Backers website....I do not see any that are in Dade/Miami.....there are bunches on the west coast from Naples on up past Tampa, and many in Orlando area and Jax...etc.   And 2-3 in Broward Co.....and one in Key West.    So, that is interesting.

    @the-gipper said:

    I assume by your comment that you are not going back to Key West....that you are continuing to go north in FLA.  So why wouldn't the Hollywood site work?  It is not that much further north, in the scheme of things.   Unless it is your plan to stay in Miami Beach a few days.

    Nevertheless....in checking the Browns Backers website....I do not see any that are in Dade/Miami.....there are bunches on the west coast from Naples on up past Tampa, and many in Orlando area and Jax...etc.   And 2-3 in Broward Co.....and one in Key West.    So, that is interesting.

    Normally on our last night, we stay in Hollywood and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. But this time we are staying in South Beach and flying out of Miami. Hollywood is a little more of a jaunt than I want to take. Probably just find a bar nearby and be “that guy” in the corner.  Hopefully I don’t chance into a Steelers bar, which would be my luck.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I assume by your comment that you are not going back to Key West....that you are continuing to go north in FLA.  So why wouldn't the Hollywood site work?  It is not that much further north, in the scheme of things.   Unless it is your plan to stay in Miami Beach a few days.

    Nevertheless....in checking the Browns Backers website....I do not see any that are in Dade/Miami.....there are bunches on the west coast from Naples on up past Tampa, and many in Orlando area and Jax...etc.   And 2-3 in Broward Co.....and one in Key West.    So, that is interesting.

    Normally on our last night, we stay in Hollywood and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. But this time we are staying in South Beach and flying out of Miami. Hollywood is a little more of a jaunt than I want to take. Probably just find a bar nearby and be “that guy” in the corner.  Hopefully I don’t chance into a Steelers bar, which would be my luck.

    @bighitterthelama said:

    Normally on our last night, we stay in Hollywood and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. But this time we are staying in South Beach and flying out of Miami. Hollywood is a little more of a jaunt than I want to take. Probably just find a bar nearby and be “that guy” in the corner.  Hopefully I don’t chance into a Steelers bar, which would be my luck.

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

  • @bighitterthelama said:

    Normally on our last night, we stay in Hollywood and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. But this time we are staying in South Beach and flying out of Miami. Hollywood is a little more of a jaunt than I want to take. Probably just find a bar nearby and be “that guy” in the corner.  Hopefully I don’t chance into a Steelers bar, which would be my luck.

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

    @the-gipper said:

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

    I do appreciate the suggestions, but it’s just not in the cards to drive 45 min (each way) at 4:00, with dinner reservations conflicting at the tail end. Unfortunately, I must fully admit that I am not the shot caller here, and I am making do with what’s available. I’m sure somewhere in South Beach/ Miami Beach has the NFL ticket. 

  • @bighitterthelama said:

    Normally on our last night, we stay in Hollywood and fly out of Ft. Lauderdale. But this time we are staying in South Beach and flying out of Miami. Hollywood is a little more of a jaunt than I want to take. Probably just find a bar nearby and be “that guy” in the corner.  Hopefully I don’t chance into a Steelers bar, which would be my luck.

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

    @the-gipper said:

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

    Trust me, 22 miles doesn’t seem like much till you live down here. There are times if rather have a root canal than drive that in south Florida, even on the weekend.

  • A better map of the CBS single game watch:

    Screenshot_2019-12-13_201100.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

    The distance from Miami Beach to Hollywood FLA  is 22 miles.   That really is not very far to go.  Problem is,  any just any old bar you go into may not have the Browns game on....so you could end up watching whatever is on. 

    According to this you are getting Dolphins at Giants (naturally);   Packers/Bears, then Rams/Cowboys.

    /topic/55139

    I do appreciate the suggestions, but it’s just not in the cards to drive 45 min (each way) at 4:00, with dinner reservations conflicting at the tail end. Unfortunately, I must fully admit that I am not the shot caller here, and I am making do with what’s available. I’m sure somewhere in South Beach/ Miami Beach has the NFL ticket. 

    @bighitterthelama said:

    I do appreciate the suggestions, but it’s just not in the cards to drive 45 min (each way) at 4:00, with dinner reservations conflicting at the tail end. Unfortunately, I must fully admit that I am not the shot caller here, and I am making do with what’s available. I’m sure somewhere in South Beach/ Miami Beach has the NFL ticket. 

    What you need to admit is that you just are not going to see the game....and carry on with your plans.  

    To paraphrase  George Harrison:  Football flows on,  within you or without you.

  • @bighitterthelama said:

    I do appreciate the suggestions, but it’s just not in the cards to drive 45 min (each way) at 4:00, with dinner reservations conflicting at the tail end. Unfortunately, I must fully admit that I am not the shot caller here, and I am making do with what’s available. I’m sure somewhere in South Beach/ Miami Beach has the NFL ticket. 

    What you need to admit is that you just are not going to see the game....and carry on with your plans.  

    To paraphrase  George Harrison:  Football flows on,  within you or without you.

    @the-gipper said:

    What you need to admit is that you just are not going to see the game....and carry on with your plans.  

    To paraphrase  George Harrison:  Football flows on,  within you or without you.

    I will see the game, and I will not have to drive 2 hours to see it. It is 2019. I could watch it on my phone if I chose to. 

  • Zombo said:

    He can find a sports bar with the ticket on Miami Beach. I wouldn't drive to Hollywood from there either if I was staying on South Beach on vacation.

    Zombo

    The phone thing, sure.  But won't most sports bars in Miami be playing the Dolphins game?

  • Zombo said:

    He can find a sports bar with the ticket on Miami Beach. I wouldn't drive to Hollywood from there either if I was staying on South Beach on vacation.

    Zombo

    The phone thing, sure.  But won't most sports bars in Miami be playing the Dolphins game?

    @the-gipper said:

    The phone thing, sure.  But won't most sports bars in Miami be playing the Dolphins game?

    If the only game being shown in bars in Miami were Dolphins games, they’d probably be better off just not even opening on a Sunday. 

  • Zombo said:

    Sports bars in Florida with the ticket show all the games.

    Zombo

    I get that.  Everyone down there is transient anyway....so the fan base is spread out over lots of teams.  (Is that the way it is where you are....or are people there primarily like Buccaneer fans?

  • Zombo said:

    There are no Buccaneer fans here in Naples. There are pockets of Dolphin fans, especially if the families go back to the 70s which is rare down here.

    The biggest fan bases are Patriots, Giants, Steelers, Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions, Browns, Eagles, Bill's, Etc.. the cold weather Northern and Midwest teams.

    Zombo

    My nephew was born and raised in South Florida  (Ft. Lauderdale), and he is a Dolphin fan....but he now lives in New Mexico... so it is probably a rarity to have a Dolphin fan in New Mexico. 

    Does anyone give a shit about the Bucs....even in Tampa?

  • Zombo said:

    They are kind of a Redneck fanbase in Tampa area and Central Florida. Shirtless dude in pickup truck with Confederate flag and Buccaneer bumper stickers.

    Most of them are Gator fans too, but have never been to campus.

    Z

    Sounds similar to western/central Pennsylvania 

  • Zombo said:

    Sports bars in Florida with the ticket show all the games.

    Yup.... and don't forget Buffalo Wild Wings...

    If all else fails, find a stream.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/12/14/cleveland-browns-vs-cardinals-live-stream-watch-week-15-online/

  • Zombo said:

    Sports bars in Florida with the ticket show all the games.

    Yup.... and don't forget Buffalo Wild Wings...

    If all else fails, find a stream.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/12/14/cleveland-browns-vs-cardinals-live-stream-watch-week-15-online/

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup.... and don't forget Buffalo Wild Wings...

    If all else fails, find a stream.

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/12/14/cleveland-browns-vs-cardinals-live-stream-watch-week-15-online/

    All else fails, Reddit is my friend. Thanks for trying to help everyone. Go Browns.

  • I would think that The Clevelander  would be the place to go watch the game in Miami Beach.    That is where ESPN broadcasts their Miami sports programming from.   And certainly it has the right name.

    https://www.clevelander.com/food-drink/game-on-sports-bar

  • I would think that The Clevelander  would be the place to go watch the game in Miami Beach.    That is where ESPN broadcasts their Miami sports programming from.   And certainly it has the right name.

    https://www.clevelander.com/food-drink/game-on-sports-bar

    @the-gipper said:

    I would think that The Clevelander  would be the place to go watch the game in Miami Beach.    That is where ESPN broadcasts their Miami sports programming from.   And certainly it has the right name.

    https://www.clevelander.com/food-drink/game-on-sports-bar

    I was at the Clevelander in Jan 2013 when my Irish got pantsed by Bama. I don’t even remember seeing a television in there. But, then again, I was hammered there and it’s amazing I remember it at all.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I would think that The Clevelander  would be the place to go watch the game in Miami Beach.    That is where ESPN broadcasts their Miami sports programming from.   And certainly it has the right name.

    https://www.clevelander.com/food-drink/game-on-sports-bar

    I was at the Clevelander in Jan 2013 when my Irish got pantsed by Bama. I don’t even remember seeing a television in there. But, then again, I was hammered there and it’s amazing I remember it at all.

    @bighitterthelama said:

    I was at the Clevelander in Jan 2013 when my Irish got pantsed by Bama. I don’t even remember seeing a television in there. But, then again, I was hammered there and it’s amazing I remember it at all.

    See the link it shows a big huge sports bar there lots of TVs