Skip to content

Terrell Suggs released

The Browns Board
20 9 547 1
  • I took a dump yesterday....same thing.  It isnt news.

  • I took a dump yesterday....same thing.  It isnt news.

    @kvoethe said:

    I took a dump yesterday....same thing.  It isnt news.

    Uh, sure as fuck it is.   They are the team we are playing this week.   On Friday they dumped...out right released a guy that has been quite productive for them. 

    This year until now, he was a starter for them in all 13 games.    He had  5.5 sacks.  He forced 4 fumbles.   He is credited with 8 tackles for losses.  He has 7 QB hits.    37 total tackles.  

    I am saying that losing that production is a good thing for the Browns.

    And....gaining a guy who had had that kind of production could be good for the Browns....for at least the next 3 games. 

    Besides Garrett....who the hell else on this team has had  5+  sacks?  Forced 4 fumbles?  Had 8 tackles for loss? 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SuggTe99.htm

  • So why dump him??  For xmas here is a scarf I made you with all the red flags!!

  • So why dump him??  For xmas here is a scarf I made you with all the red flags!!

    @kvoethe said:

    So why dump him??  For xmas here is a scarf I made you with all the red flags!!

    Sure, that's a good question.  It MAY be that he just wants to give up the ghost.   He has been 17 years in the league. And he may have said, "since this team has no playoff future this year.....let me go and give me a chance to hook on to a team that does have a chance."   And I suspect that his hope is that it is Baltimore,  where perhaps he would like to play just a few more games for...then retire.   If some other team...including the Browns, tries to claim him, he may just say:  no thanks....I'm retired.  

    But hell....that brings up another opportunity:   say the Browns, or anyone, signs him....but he says he wants to play for no one but Baltimore.  That team says:  OK...Baltimore "we claimed this guy off waivers, but he wants only you....Do YOU want him back enough to give us a low round draft pick for him?"     Why not extort a little something out of the Ratfuckers if you can. 

  • All thoughts in this thread make sense, although I PRAY he is not playing with the Ravens in 2 weeks! I think , even at his age now, Suggs is a BEAST & I certainly don't want to play against him.

    Mike

  • All thoughts in this thread make sense, although I PRAY he is not playing with the Ravens in 2 weeks! I think , even at his age now, Suggs is a BEAST & I certainly don't want to play against him.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    although I PRAY he is not playing with the Ravens in 2 weeks!

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

  • @canton-mike said:

    although I PRAY he is not playing with the Ravens in 2 weeks!

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

    @tour2ma said:

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

    I had given thought to that myself. We can dream, can't we?

    Mike

  • @tour2ma said:

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

    I had given thought to that myself. We can dream, can't we?

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I had given thought to that myself. We can dream, can't we?

    Mike

    He's going back to the Ravens. Just in time to give us the absolute business. Watch, I'd put money on it. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    although I PRAY he is not playing with the Ravens in 2 weeks!

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

    @tour2ma said:

    Claim him and we can insure that doesn't happen...

    It's not as if we couldn't use a vet edge player for our lil run stretch run.

    Gee, I wish someone had thought of that before!   Oh,  wait.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I had given thought to that myself. We can dream, can't we?

    Mike

    He's going back to the Ravens. Just in time to give us the absolute business. Watch, I'd put money on it. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    He's going back to the Ravens. Just in time to give us the absolute business. Watch, I'd put money on it. 

    Again, not if any other team puts a claim on him.

  • He's skipped 10 of the last 14 practices due to injury.. so seems more of a option to let him pick his next place

  • I'll pass.. I think were beyond the rent a bum stage!

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    He's going back to the Ravens. Just in time to give us the absolute business. Watch, I'd put money on it. 

    Again, not if any other team puts a claim on him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, not if any other team puts a claim on him.

    But then there's this:

    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/report-terrell-suggs-will-strongly-consider-not-reporting-to-any-team-other-than-the-ravens/

    Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    32m
    Though he is eligible to be claimed on waivers at 4 pm ET Monday, former Cardinals’ pass rusher Terrell Suggs will strongly consider not reporting to his new claiming team if it is anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens, per league sources.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, not if any other team puts a claim on him.

    But then there's this:

    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/report-terrell-suggs-will-strongly-consider-not-reporting-to-any-team-other-than-the-ravens/

    Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    32m
    Though he is eligible to be claimed on waivers at 4 pm ET Monday, former Cardinals’ pass rusher Terrell Suggs will strongly consider not reporting to his new claiming team if it is anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens, per league sources.

    @gorka said:

    But then there's this:

    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/report-terrell-suggs-will-strongly-consider-not-reporting-to-any-team-other-than-the-ravens/

    Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    32m
    Though he is eligible to be claimed on waivers at 4 pm ET Monday, former Cardinals’ pass rusher Terrell Suggs will strongly consider not reporting to his new claiming team if it is anyone other than the Baltimore Ravens, per league sources.

    Yes,  I understood that that could happen.

    I would still claim him, just to keep him off the RFs.

    As, I think someone subsequently made this eloquent statement about him:    "Fuck Him".

  • Zombo said:

    Fuck him.

    Zombo

    See:   eloquent.

  • dee Waiver Wire goes in reverse order as of weeks ago.. All playoff teams have a need for a Suggs right now, mainly due to injuries at Suggs position..If I were Philly? I would do it now, and bringing him closest to home before Dallas does...imo. Suggs won't make it to Ravens sitting last on the wire list..Dallas/Seattle/KC/Pats all have starter injuries at DE.. But can he pass a teams physical, being injured himself??  

  • dee Waiver Wire goes in reverse order as of weeks ago.. All playoff teams have a need for a Suggs right now, mainly due to injuries at Suggs position..If I were Philly? I would do it now, and bringing him closest to home before Dallas does...imo. Suggs won't make it to Ravens sitting last on the wire list..Dallas/Seattle/KC/Pats all have starter injuries at DE.. But can he pass a teams physical, being injured himself??  

    @gumby73 said:

    dee Waiver Wire goes in reverse order as of weeks ago.. All playoff teams have a need for a Suggs right now, mainly due to injuries at Suggs position..If I were Philly? I would do it now, and bringing him closest to home before Dallas does...imo. Suggs won't make it to Ravens sitting last on the wire list..Dallas/Seattle/KC/Pats all have starter injuries at DE.. But can he pass a teams physical, being injured himself??  

    Well, first off...."all playoff teams"  have not yet been decided.   Would you revise it to "all teams in the hunt for the playoffs"?   If so, that does still, somewhat, include the Browns. 

    And certainly, as we know, since the Garrett deal, and not being able to keep Vernon healthy...the Browns DO indeed have a need for a Suggs right now. 

    So fuck a bunch of Dallas/KC/Pats etc.  Though, I am sure that any team who is a potential playoff opponent of the RFs  would want to do something to keep him off their roster.   Hell....let the Bengals grab him.

  • @gumby73 said:

    dee Waiver Wire goes in reverse order as of weeks ago.. All playoff teams have a need for a Suggs right now, mainly due to injuries at Suggs position..If I were Philly? I would do it now, and bringing him closest to home before Dallas does...imo. Suggs won't make it to Ravens sitting last on the wire list..Dallas/Seattle/KC/Pats all have starter injuries at DE.. But can he pass a teams physical, being injured himself??  

    Well, first off...."all playoff teams"  have not yet been decided.   Would you revise it to "all teams in the hunt for the playoffs"?   If so, that does still, somewhat, include the Browns. 

    And certainly, as we know, since the Garrett deal, and not being able to keep Vernon healthy...the Browns DO indeed have a need for a Suggs right now. 

    So fuck a bunch of Dallas/KC/Pats etc.  Though, I am sure that any team who is a potential playoff opponent of the RFs  would want to do something to keep him off their roster.   Hell....let the Bengals grab him.

    @the-gipper said:

     Would you revise it to "all teams in the hunt for the playoffs"?   If so, that does still, somewhat, include the Browns. 

    sadly, both Philly than Dallas can both  put claims in for Suggs, before the Browns great winning record will allow us... 

  • @the-gipper said:

     Would you revise it to "all teams in the hunt for the playoffs"?   If so, that does still, somewhat, include the Browns. 

    sadly, both Philly than Dallas can both  put claims in for Suggs, before the Browns great winning record will allow us... 

    @gumby73 said:

    sadly, both Philly than Dallas can both  put claims in for Suggs, before the Browns great winning record will allow us... 

    Well....so be it.  

    I really do not expect the Browns to put in a claim for him, if he falls to them.....but in my mind they sure as hell should.  Fair to say?

    Again, no Garrett;  Vernon out, again.  Who the hell is playing that edge position for us?  Chad Thomas I guess? And Brian Cox Jr....who we just picked up.  

    We also have a guy named Gustin Porter?  or Porter Guston?  

    No....the ONLY reason to let this guy slip to the Ravens  is to honor his request, as a great, longtime player in this league....to go out where he played nearly all of his career. 

    But, I guess we have to ask.....if it was so important to him to retire a Raven....why didn't he do it before this year?  (5.5 sacks/8 TFLs...4 forced fumbles....those may be the reasons. He knew he could still play.  

    But then we have to ask this other question:  if it was important to the Ravens for him to retire a Raven...why didn't they keep him?  I think the reason was:  it was NOT important to them, apparently. Not at all.