Kitchens fate?
-
-
As Dorsey probably would. Problem is- should the Browns get blown out by the Ravens, and then lay an egg against the Bengals the following week- John Boy is going to have a big PR problem hanging on to a coach that 1\2 the National media have been saying all year was a big mistake over his head first time HC.
Bingo. A few weeks ago it appeared that the Browns would end up 8-8, which is (slightly) better than the 7-8-1 of last season, and there would be those divisional wins vs Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati.
If the Browns finish 6-10? Along with all the shenanigans that occurred during this season? Man, that's a tough sell for Dorsey. Literally the only argument for Kitchens at that point would be "you really don't want to fire a head coach AGAIN after one season."
Literally the only argument for Kitchens at that point would be "you really don't want to fire a head coach AGAIN after one season."
"Tradition!"-Fiddler on the Roof?
-
Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too.
-
Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too.
Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too.
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
-
Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too.
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
Is this true? I am not sure I have heard about that.
-
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
Is this true? I am not sure I have heard about that.
Is this true? I am not sure I have heard about that.
Oh, very true. There's a good Youtube video about it. The man should've died while working with the Cards. He basically blew out a heart valve before practice and had to go through like 10 hours of surgery or something crazy like that. He got a new valve from a pig and apparently he's doing better. But he's a miracle walking.
I think this link is the one I'm thinking of, but not totally sure.
-
Well then, we should relieve him of the stress of an NFL HC job.
-
I'm lukewarm on Freddie at this point. Unlike others I don't have a ton of problems with his play calling. Team discipline on the other hand seems to be lacking. Again, it seems that a lot fans in here continue to hold coaches more responsible than GMs and forgive players almost entirely. The issues I see.
Baker Mayfield - he hasn't been good. Not sure about blaming the play calling when he misses guys that are open, doesn't trust throwing guys open, holds the ball to long on certain routes and has consistently missed high.
Offensive Line - Screw John Dorsey. For a GM to believe this cast of characters would be good enough to compete for a playoff spot is an indictment on that GM.
OBJ Trade - Screw Dorsey again. Weakened the OL for a guy who appears to be overrated. OBJs hands have been average at best, doesn't seem to separate as well as one would hope and is still a distraction (watch, visor, does he want to be here)
Secondary - Screw Dorsey once again. Ward has been good but not to the level of the #4 pick, Williams is awful, Randall is very inconsistent and what's with all the hamstring issues? Losing Peppers hurt us in the run game so another thanks Dorsey
Attitude - Team is not focused and lacks leadership. Baker, Landry, Garrett, Ward, OBJ, etc. are not leaders. Chubb who is clearly 110% of what Cleveland is about and needs, is a quiet guy and doesn't seem like the guiding force. Freddie doesn't seem capable in this area either.
I'm lukewarm on Freddie at this point. Unlike others I don't have a ton of problems with his play calling. Team discipline on the other hand seems to be lacking. Again, it seems that a lot fans in here continue to hold coaches more responsible than GMs and forgive players almost entirely. The issues I see.
Baker Mayfield - he hasn't been good. Not sure about blaming the play calling when he misses guys that are open, doesn't trust throwing guys open, holds the ball to long on certain routes and has consistently missed high.
Offensive Line - Screw John Dorsey. For a GM to believe this cast of characters would be good enough to compete for a playoff spot is an indictment on that GM.
OBJ Trade - Screw Dorsey again. Weakened the OL for a guy who appears to be overrated. OBJs hands have been average at best, doesn't seem to separate as well as one would hope and is still a distraction (watch, visor, does he want to be here)
Secondary - Screw Dorsey once again. Ward has been good but not to the level of the #4 pick, Williams is awful, Randall is very inconsistent and what's with all the hamstring issues? Losing Peppers hurt us in the run game so another thanks Dorsey
Attitude - Team is not focused and lacks leadership. Baker, Landry, Garrett, Ward, OBJ, etc. are not leaders. Chubb who is clearly 110% of what Cleveland is about and needs, is a quiet guy and doesn't seem like the guiding force. Freddie doesn't seem capable in this area either.
I'm lukewarm on Freddie at this point. Unlike others I don't have a ton of problems with his play calling. Team discipline on the other hand seems to be lacking. Again, it seems that a lot fans in here continue to hold coaches more responsible than GMs and forgive players almost entirely. The issues I see.
Baker Mayfield - he hasn't been good. Not sure about blaming the play calling when he misses guys that are open, doesn't trust throwing guys open, holds the ball to long on certain routes and has consistently missed high.
Offensive Line - Screw John Dorsey. For a GM to believe this cast of characters would be good enough to compete for a playoff spot is an indictment on that GM.
OBJ Trade - Screw Dorsey again. Weakened the OL for a guy who appears to be overrated. OBJs hands have been average at best, doesn't seem to separate as well as one would hope and is still a distraction (watch, visor, does he want to be here)
Secondary - Screw Dorsey once again. Ward has been good but not to the level of the #4 pick, Williams is awful, Randall is very inconsistent and what's with all the hamstring issues? Losing Peppers hurt us in the run game so another thanks Dorsey
Attitude - Team is not focused and lacks leadership. Baker, Landry, Garrett, Ward, OBJ, etc. are not leaders. Chubb who is clearly 110% of what Cleveland is about and needs, is a quiet guy and doesn't seem like the guiding force. Freddie doesn't seem capable in this area either.
i like all your point, but i do believe freddy is not an nfl coach....and all his playcalling is not that good. or his clock mgmt....he lost the game vs. the ravens yesterday with his clock mgmt in the first half...he totally lost that game...and there were others during the season also...he's no good...yeah, as you say, baker was not good either...i wanted to see wentz quarterbacking this team....the guy is a leader....we have zilcho leadership and dorsey, if you look at it...sucks...
-
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
-
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
McDaniels is a great mind, but I wouldn't trust him. Didn't he back out on a team recently, after a verbal "yes?"
Yep....he backed out on Indianhapless in January 2018.
-
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
Prepare to be shocked then. Dorsey & Wolf know exactly what they'd be getting in Mike, and I doubt they'll be interested.
If you saw the McCarthy interview, he essentially has his entire coaching staff in place already, they've been hanging out at Mike's house for months. So if you want Mike the whole package comes along for the ride. Think Dorsey will buy into something like that? I sure as hell don't.
Too early to speculate, but I'd put better odds on Greg Williams coming back as HC than I would on McCarthy getting the job.
We'll let our Vegas odds shark mjp give us the line on the probability of Freddie getting fired first. Should he manage to lose to the Bengals Sunday, I'd say they're prohibitive.
-
Kitchens' fate seems to be diabetes. Probably a heart attack incoming at some point, too.
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
He didn't have a heart attck...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.
-
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
He didn't have a heart attck...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.
-
Unfortunately, he's already had a massive heart attack. He actually should've died, but he somehow survived. He's literally a walking miracle. He should be doing ANYTHING but coaching right now to extend his life, but I guess it's his call.
He didn't have a heart attck...I believe he tore his aorta, which is worse than a heart attack.
-
I'd be absolutely shocked if Mike McCarthy isn't the coach next year. I give it 85% McCarthy, and 15% Josh McDaniels.
Prepare to be shocked then. Dorsey & Wolf know exactly what they'd be getting in Mike, and I doubt they'll be interested.
If you saw the McCarthy interview, he essentially has his entire coaching staff in place already, they've been hanging out at Mike's house for months. So if you want Mike the whole package comes along for the ride. Think Dorsey will buy into something like that? I sure as hell don't.
Too early to speculate, but I'd put better odds on Greg Williams coming back as HC than I would on McCarthy getting the job.
We'll let our Vegas odds shark mjp give us the line on the probability of Freddie getting fired first. Should he manage to lose to the Bengals Sunday, I'd say they're prohibitive.
Prepare to be shocked then. Dorsey & Wolf know exactly what they'd be getting in Mike, and I doubt they'll be interested.
If you saw the McCarthy interview, he essentially has his entire coaching staff in place already, they've been hanging out at Mike's house for months. So if you want Mike the whole package comes along for the ride. Think Dorsey will buy into something like that? I sure as hell don't.
Too early to speculate, but I'd put better odds on Greg Williams coming back as HC than I would on McCarthy getting the job.
We'll let our Vegas odds shark mjp give us the line on the probability of Freddie getting fired first. Should he manage to lose to the Bengals Sunday, I'd say they're prohibitive.
I don't know my friend. Dorsey lost a power struggle in KC. I get the feeling Dorsey is only interested in hiring a coach he has under his thumb. I don't think he wants a coach who knows what he wants. Dorsey wants a coach who takes what he is given.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login