Skip to content

Kitchens fate?

The Browns Board
167 48 5.0k 1
  • If I was a dc i would be worried about how to deal with chubb and hunt...but i wouldnt have to worry...staff doesnt use em to their advantage.

  • It's time to fire the entire coaching staff...again. This time, bring in an experienced HC ( Rivera ). Baker needs to be pushed....we need to sign another qb, and make Mayfield compete for the starting qb position. He got lazy in the off season, living off his moderate success from 2018. He's lost his fire, and needs to earn his role again.

  • And where is Higgins and Njoku?  Are they busts, problems in the locker room? 

  • And where is Higgins and Njoku?  Are they busts, problems in the locker room? 

    @brownskidd said:

    And where is Higgins and Njoku?  Are they busts, problems in the locker room? 

    Something has happened regarding both, I'm guessing they are being used as examples, but of what I have no idea. Complete mystery. 

  • I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

    With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

    Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

    The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

    And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

  • We are going to go 8-8 worst case scenario.  

    @s_u_p_e_r_b_o_w_l said:

    We are going to go 8-8 worst case scenario.  

    me thinks not.....6 and 10......this team now lacks any confidence and we are going to get hammered by the ravens as they will celebrate on our home field home field throughout the playoffs....the last game...they will play with a who cares attitude and go to the bank on monday to cash their checks....

  • @tour2ma said:

    And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

    @hoorta said:

    And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

    he ain't safe by any means....obj will probably stay another yr, but if the clowns start off 1 and 3 next yr, this experiment will be over...landry will probably want out also ....the slogan of players go to cleveland to die as obj was told by the gmen is true for the time being....

  • Freddie Freeloader is CLUELESS!

    @nickers said:

    Freddie Freeloader is CLUELESS!

    i agreed on another thread about freddie coaching next yr as some of the board memebers were saying.....i thought that if they started off 1-3 he should be fired immediately, but now i saw some of his presser from thAT disaster in arizona yesterday saying that he doesn't care about his future....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME....now i am really pissed...more so than i was before softening up a little on him....i am back to fire the fucking hillbilly today....

  • I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

    With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

    Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

    The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

    And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

    With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

    Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

    The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

    And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

    hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be sucessful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountablity...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...

  • Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

  • Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    Wow, welcome back!

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m fairly dead set against a coaching change right now, but l must admit the team’s uninspiring play the last couple weeks has the seed planted for later pondering.

    With my mighty magnifying hindsight binoculars l felt like l saw a few other contributing factors to the less than stellar season we’ve had, none of which are Kitchens’ doing.

    Baker’s life changes and commercial success l suspect played a part in him having to resort some things like where his motivation comes from and his leadership role on the team.

    The team seemed to use this season to figure out what draft picks they wanted to keep, particularly on the oline and defense. I feel like molding players into Wilks’ scheme was a significant factor in readjusting the team this year.

    And the usual rookies learning stuff, injuries happening stuff, and bizarre Brownsian things like Garrett’s goof that we’ve all come to expect but never know where it will come from.

    hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be sucessful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountablity...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...

    @browns52 said:

    hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be sucessful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountablity...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...

    You could be right, but you’re also the guy that calls my team the clowns like some kinda Steelers fan, so it’s not like l take anything you have to say seriously. You need a hug in the worst way man.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    Wow, welcome back!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Wow, welcome back!

    Thanks! It's been a while but clearly nothing has changed with these Browns. Same shit, different coach. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

    @hoorta said:

    And anyone who thinks Freddie is "Safe" at this point is fooling themselves. He will get a mulligan if they get blown out by the Ratbirds next week, but lose to the Bungles week 17, you're one and done.....   

    Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right. Will the team play for him or lay down for a coaching change?

  • Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

    Traveling and working, mostly. Decided to take a break from posting for a while and see how it affected my mental health. Glad to see many of the same guys are still posting, sad as shit to hear about Stan. 

    With the offensive talent we have, I just want a guy who can utilize it efficiently. I honestly don't care where he comes from. I was never happy with the Freddie hire, I think he lacks conviction and that's what is being reflected on the field. 

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Fire him. Fire Wilks. Give Lincoln Riley every dollar in Haslam's piggy bank. Let a computer pick defensive plays. 

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

    Agree, need an experienced coach who can manage these outsized egos including Baker's.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Look who showed up!  Where you been?

    Though, I think that the college coach may not be the way to go. 

    Traveling and working, mostly. Decided to take a break from posting for a while and see how it affected my mental health. Glad to see many of the same guys are still posting, sad as shit to hear about Stan. 

    With the offensive talent we have, I just want a guy who can utilize it efficiently. I honestly don't care where he comes from. I was never happy with the Freddie hire, I think he lacks conviction and that's what is being reflected on the field. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Traveling and working, mostly. Decided to take a break from posting for a while and see how it affected my mental health. Glad to see many of the same guys are still posting, sad as shit to hear about Stan. 

    With the offensive talent we have, I just want a guy who can utilize it efficiently. I honestly don't care where he comes from. I was never happy with the Freddie hire, I think he lacks conviction and that's what is being reflected on the field. 

    Well....he lacks more than conviction.  He may actually have conviction.   I don't doubt his passion and desire to win.  It is a lot of other things that he does not have.  Start with competence.

  • The only thing Kitchens seems qualified to do is sweep floors... He should apply for custodian at the new HS school facility they are building in Euclid... The place is Mammoth!!

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I really hope so. I can honestly say that he's made a lot of mistakes, but he's a rookie, right? Let's ask ourselves an important question. Are we getting better? It's not a simple question to answer. 

    The product on the field doesn't really inspire confidence, as we still struggle to score points, our defense is gummi bear soft, and we have a constant lack of big play ability. Despite having the leading rusher in the league, we STILL struggle to have any fluidity to our attack, and our drives are all too often herky-jerky and a jumbled mess. The defense is hamstrung by injuries and by one of the biggest blunders by a player this century. I'm of course talking about Myles Garrett, and I thoroughly believe he legitimately cost us a chance at the post season. 

    But back to the question at hand, are we getting better? We've now won 4-5, and it likely SHOULD have been 5 in a row. Football is a team game, but I feel confident in placing this loss squarely on the shoulders of Garrett. While the product isn't necessarily PLEASING to watch all the time, our team is finding ways to win ugly. Do you guys even realize how big of a step that is? HOW MANY years have we bemoaned the fact that we couldn't win the close, ugly ones? 

    Listen, I'm the first one to say how annoyed I am at certain things regarding our team. Kitchens doesn't seem to have the best grasp of when to pass vs throw. Like I said in another post, the perfect example of this happened against the Bengals. We had it first and 10 on the 50 right after our only forced 3 and out of the game. We had ALL the momentum. It's a perfect time to dial up your favorite run play and try to assert your dominance while keeping the clock moving. What do we do? We go for the dagger with a deep shot to OBJ, only we can't cut it loose because we have a TE blocking their best pass rusher. Baker gets sacked and we're forced to pass twice more, both incompletions to OBJ. 

    I totally get that hindsight is 20/20, and maybe being aggressive is a good strategy when you're trying to win the game, but so often this year I felt like Kitchens was disconnected to situational football. You can't say we don't run it enough because Nick Chubb about leads the league in touches. It's more of WHEN those touches are called. But here's the thing, I honestly believe Kitchens is getting better. You may think that last week was a bad offensive performance, and you'd largely be right. However, look at our drives. We moved the ball virtually every time, but Baker threw a bad pick on a WIDE OPEN receiver, and we also got screwed by that Njoku fumble/pick. Other than that, our effing defense never got us the rock back. 

    Perhaps the biggest reason I don't want a new staff is because of Baker Mayfield. I don't want him to learn a new system, as we know first hand what that does to a young signal caller. I realize Baker struggled this year, but I also know what he's capable of doing and I want him focused on improving what he already knows, NOT trying to learn something else. 

    I think we're built for the future, and with the right tweaks, we could have an offense that legitimately terrifies people on the ground and air. Let's give it another year and see where we stand. 

    Well thought out post, Jigs. I totally get the point about not wanting ANOTHER coaching change after 1 season. I get it. But I worry Freddie just doesn't have it in him, no matter how many chances he's given. I don't think the players respect him. Baker hinted that he is the discipline dearth cause. Let's put it this way: What would this team be with Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy running the ship? I say a playoff team. 

    @icecube said:

    Well thought out post, Jigs. I totally get the point about not wanting ANOTHER coaching change after 1 season. I get it. But I worry Freddie just doesn't have it in him, no matter how many chances he's given. I don't think the players respect him. Baker hinted that he is the discipline dearth cause. Let's put it this way: What would this team be with Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy running the ship? I say a playoff team. 

    I'll agree the level of discipline between Williams and Freddie is night and day. And it's not likely to change. I'm sure those who were being attentive saw Landry jawing at Freddie on the sidelines. MKC reported seeing Dorsey and Haslam after the game, and they both looked mighty pissed.... 

    Regarding McCarthy- I saw a interview they (think it was ESPN) did with Mike- and if you want him- you're not only going to get him, you get the whole package that goes with him. He's already got most of his assistant coaches in place.....  

    @dusty said:

    Was watching the Eagles/Redskins earlier and the Fox announcers were playing up the fact that Urban was watching the game from Dan Browns box. They even had a graphic of the Redskin coaches records. While I don't believe Urban will coach anytime soon. What are the thoughts of him being a Brown?

    I'd be for Urban. I have no idea why he was at the Redskins game. Meyer could almost universally get any player he wanted at OSU- the school almost recruits itself if you have pro aspirations. Urban certainly doesn't need anymore money, or the stress of coaching in the NFL.  

    @browns52 said:

    hate to say this but you are wrong....the discipline factor will never change with the coach we have now....you have to act like the pats do...they don't care how good you are but if you fuck up like garrett did, the pats would have cut his ass the next day regardless of how good he is...they would find a replacement right away and probably be successful....this team is full of undisciplined football players and that is not going to chg. unless we get a coach that can instill accountability...and it all leads to our piece of shit owner....and believe me, he is a piece of shit...

    Hate on Haslam all you want- he's not going away any time soon..... 

    You're dead wrong about Garrett. The Patriots and no other team in the NFL would cut a player of Myles talent level for one outburst. 

    Believe me, I'm as frustrated as anyone after that debacle in the desert. But you have to have hope Dorsey will figure out what's gone wrong and try to fix it. 

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Traveling and working, mostly. Decided to take a break from posting for a while and see how it affected my mental health. Glad to see many of the same guys are still posting, sad as shit to hear about Stan. 

    With the offensive talent we have, I just want a guy who can utilize it efficiently. I honestly don't care where he comes from. I was never happy with the Freddie hire, I think he lacks conviction and that's what is being reflected on the field. 

    You nailed it there TCPO, that's going to be Kitchens undoing. Rookie HC or not, Freddie has a talent laden roster, and seriously under performed using it. If he's one and done, it won't surprise me in the least. This is a totally different situation than when Chud got shown the door after one season. 

    Sure, Baker regressing hasn't helped his cause, but there's plenty of other things besides that where he's failed.