NFL All Time Top 100 team WRs and QBs
-
Receivers:
Don Hutson will make it. Jerry Rice. Randy Moss, Raymond Berry, Michael Irvin, They could go old school with Tom Fears or Dante Lavelli.
I think Warfield makes it. Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, maybe Chris Carter.
-
Zombo said:
I think you nailed the 10, no need to go to 12.
Zombo
Well, that committee chose 12 RBs....so I am thinking they may choose the same number of QBs, considering the importance and high profile of that position.
-
I think these "old timers" will make it:
Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Otto Graham, John Unitas, You will also have Peyton, Brady, Favre, Montana, Marino, Elway. That is 10.....2 more, out of this group:
Bart Starr? Bradshaw? Tarkenton? Brees? Staubach ? Aikman? Fouts? Jim Kelly, Warren Moon (they may be compelled to put a black QB on there)...Steve Young.
I got 9 out of 10.....those highlighted made it.
-
Zombo said:
Luckman in, Staubach out ... I disagree on that one.
Zombo
You mean the other way around.....Luckman out, Staubach in:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091949/article/nfl-100-alltime-team-quarterbacks-announced
They must have only wanted 2 "Old Timers"....and OG had to be one of them. But If I were choosing between Luckman and Baugh, I think I would have chosen Luckman
-
Receivers:
Don Hutson will make it. Jerry Rice. Randy Moss, Raymond Berry, Michael Irvin, They could go old school with Tom Fears or Dante Lavelli.
I think Warfield makes it. Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, maybe Chris Carter.
I was not so sure on these. Highlighted made it
And so did: Lance Alworth, Steve Largent, Elroy Hirsch
I had a feeling on Largent.....but not on Bambi (Alworth).....and I thought Hirsch was a halfback (and he is listed as an end/HB by HOF, not a receiver. Hirsch played with Fears...and Fears was considered their #1 receiver on the Rams team they both played for.
-
Coaches also chosen: Shula and Walsh.
No surpises there.
Full coaches list: Halas, Lambeau, Landry, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi. Belichick ., Shula, Walsh.
-
Coaches also chosen: Shula and Walsh.
No surpises there.
Full coaches list: Halas, Lambeau, Landry, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi. Belichick ., Shula, Walsh.
Coaches also chosen: Shula and Walsh.
No surpises there.
Full coaches list: Halas, Lambeau, Landry, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi. Belichick ., Shula, Walsh.
Barry Switzer didn't make it? He won a SB Championship in spite of knowing only about 2 or 3 names on the active roster.
Aside from winning, Vince Lombardi was remembered from the video of him blasting his defense with "EVERYBODY'S GRABBING OUT THERE! GRAB! GRAB! GRAB!" like a disappointed Senior Prom Chaperone. Not to be outdone, Switzer from the end of the bench on the sideline had the unforgettable line of "Pass Me the Pretzels Baby." I may only be able to type this for 1 more day; but today Dallas has a HC who Graduated from Princeton and knows everyone's name on the active roster giving him a much longer tenure despite celebrating far less playoff wins than Switzer.
Obviously I'm kidding about Switzer. Unfortunately, someone in charge of hiring criteria in our FO thinks we had the exact same set-up as Switzer was given so all we had to do was hire Jed Clampett JR's JR when he's not hunting with Dick Cheney. Although I think we can all see where Freddie is getting his advice in terms of what to do with 1st and Goal from inside the opponent's 3 yard line... Why shoot yourself in the foot when you can shoot those you hunt with in the assss? The St Louis Rams and the Baltimore Rats sure appreciated that advice Freddie took. If I had to guess, this week will feature a quadruple reverse pass from the 50 yard line on 1st and goal leaving Cleveland fans actually hoping Carlos Dunlap saves us with a mercy sack. You give any competent coach a Pro Set formation featuring both Hunt and Chubb on 1st and goal and there won't be any brain strain at all. Freddie's dome gets a double hernia and that isn't even possible anywhere but Cleveland...
-
Coaches also chosen: Shula and Walsh.
No surpises there.
Full coaches list: Halas, Lambeau, Landry, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Noll, Vince Lombardi. Belichick ., Shula, Walsh.
Barry Switzer didn't make it? He won a SB Championship in spite of knowing only about 2 or 3 names on the active roster.
Aside from winning, Vince Lombardi was remembered from the video of him blasting his defense with "EVERYBODY'S GRABBING OUT THERE! GRAB! GRAB! GRAB!" like a disappointed Senior Prom Chaperone. Not to be outdone, Switzer from the end of the bench on the sideline had the unforgettable line of "Pass Me the Pretzels Baby." I may only be able to type this for 1 more day; but today Dallas has a HC who Graduated from Princeton and knows everyone's name on the active roster giving him a much longer tenure despite celebrating far less playoff wins than Switzer.
Obviously I'm kidding about Switzer. Unfortunately, someone in charge of hiring criteria in our FO thinks we had the exact same set-up as Switzer was given so all we had to do was hire Jed Clampett JR's JR when he's not hunting with Dick Cheney. Although I think we can all see where Freddie is getting his advice in terms of what to do with 1st and Goal from inside the opponent's 3 yard line... Why shoot yourself in the foot when you can shoot those you hunt with in the assss? The St Louis Rams and the Baltimore Rats sure appreciated that advice Freddie took. If I had to guess, this week will feature a quadruple reverse pass from the 50 yard line on 1st and goal leaving Cleveland fans actually hoping Carlos Dunlap saves us with a mercy sack. You give any competent coach a Pro Set formation featuring both Hunt and Chubb on 1st and goal and there won't be any brain strain at all. Freddie's dome gets a double hernia and that isn't even possible anywhere but Cleveland...
Barry Switzer didn't make it? He won a SB Championship in spite of knowing only about 2 or 3 names on the active roster.
Aside from winning, Vince Lombardi was remembered from the video of him blasting his defense with "EVERYBODY'S GRABBING OUT THERE! GRAB! GRAB! GRAB!" like a disappointed Senior Prom Chaperone. Not to be outdone, Switzer from the end of the bench on the sideline had the unforgettable line of "Pass Me the Pretzels Baby." I may only be able to type this for 1 more day; but today Dallas has a HC who Graduated from Princeton and knows everyone's name on the active roster giving him a much longer tenure despite celebrating far less playoff wins than Switzer.
Obviously I'm kidding about Switzer. Unfortunately, someone in charge of hiring criteria in our FO thinks we had the exact same set-up as Switzer was given so all we had to do was hire Jed Clampett JR's JR when he's not hunting with Dick Cheney. Although I think we can all see where Freddie is getting his advice in terms of what to do with 1st and Goal from inside the opponent's 3 yard line... Why shoot yourself in the foot when you can shoot those you hunt with in the assss? The St Louis Rams and the Baltimore Rats sure appreciated that advice Freddie took. If I had to guess, this week will feature a quadruple reverse pass from the 50 yard line on 1st and goal leaving Cleveland fans actually hoping Carlos Dunlap saves us with a mercy sack. You give any competent coach a Pro Set formation featuring both Hunt and Chubb on 1st and goal and there won't be any brain strain at all. Freddie's dome gets a double hernia and that isn't even possible anywhere but Cleveland...
Uhm....lets keep this thread about NFL HCs who are actually halfway competent, please.
-
Barry Switzer didn't make it? He won a SB Championship in spite of knowing only about 2 or 3 names on the active roster.
Aside from winning, Vince Lombardi was remembered from the video of him blasting his defense with "EVERYBODY'S GRABBING OUT THERE! GRAB! GRAB! GRAB!" like a disappointed Senior Prom Chaperone. Not to be outdone, Switzer from the end of the bench on the sideline had the unforgettable line of "Pass Me the Pretzels Baby." I may only be able to type this for 1 more day; but today Dallas has a HC who Graduated from Princeton and knows everyone's name on the active roster giving him a much longer tenure despite celebrating far less playoff wins than Switzer.
Obviously I'm kidding about Switzer. Unfortunately, someone in charge of hiring criteria in our FO thinks we had the exact same set-up as Switzer was given so all we had to do was hire Jed Clampett JR's JR when he's not hunting with Dick Cheney. Although I think we can all see where Freddie is getting his advice in terms of what to do with 1st and Goal from inside the opponent's 3 yard line... Why shoot yourself in the foot when you can shoot those you hunt with in the assss? The St Louis Rams and the Baltimore Rats sure appreciated that advice Freddie took. If I had to guess, this week will feature a quadruple reverse pass from the 50 yard line on 1st and goal leaving Cleveland fans actually hoping Carlos Dunlap saves us with a mercy sack. You give any competent coach a Pro Set formation featuring both Hunt and Chubb on 1st and goal and there won't be any brain strain at all. Freddie's dome gets a double hernia and that isn't even possible anywhere but Cleveland...
Uhm....lets keep this thread about NFL HCs who are actually halfway competent, please.
Uhm....lets keep this thread about NFL HCs who are actually halfway competent, please.
Lighten up Dragnut!
Like it clearly states in the 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph in your cut and paste of my reply: "Obviously I'm kidding about Switzer."
You get so used to trying to talk over people you never read what you are about to attack even if you get 2 opportunities to do so. No wonder why your cellphone trained itself to repeat everything.
Anyway, it's good to see former Cleveland HC Paul Brown and several of his pupils like Shula, Walsh and Noll on that list. It's also good to see former Cleveland HC (Bill Belicheck) on the list even if most of the reasons he's on it are from his experience in NE. Belicheck was a huge Paul Brown fan;and he clearly presses the boundaries of audio-visual resources that can get a leg up on the competition. Paul Brown caused controversy with the competition when he experimented with wiring up the QB helmet for sound back in the day. That's why it was ironic (and moronic) someone working for the Pa-Try-its got caught video taping the sidelines of Mike Brown's franchise in Cincy.
-
I am just looking to have a Freddie-free conversation.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login