Our Bet, Draft specuation
-
Young did damn near zero tonight against quality competition. he'll go high- but he's not superman sadly. Too bad OSU. was Freddie calling the all out rush the punter that won the game for Clemson?
I don't blame refs for losses but there were some questionable calls last night including that roughing call. Roughing is when you hit the plant leg. It was clear 26 hit the punters kicking leg and should have only been running into. The targeting call was the correct call by rule however the rule needs to change. What number 44 for oklahoma did to Edwards-helare of lsu was an ejectable hit what 24 did to 16 last night was not. Take the 15 yards but don't eject a player just because the player being tackled braces for contact by dipping his head and that causes the helmet to helmet hit. The fumble was the most egregious call. Number 8 caught the ball with his left foot down, right foot hits, he extends the ball away from his body (constitutes a football move), left foot hits, (3rd step constitutes a football move), he starts tucking the ball (you guessed it football move), and as his right foot hits (4th step) number 1 jars the ball loose. The fact they overturned the call on the field is mind boggling. If that happened on the sideline or in the endzone it is absolutely a touchdown. Terry mcauly, one of the most respected officials, addressed all these on his twitter and agrees with my takes.
Ok all that being said it didn't cost osu the game. Clemson deserved the win and it was one hell of a ball game. Osu had a chance and if number 17 continues his route on the last pass that got intercepted they likely score the go ahead td with 38 seconds left and that's what cost them the game. Hopefully the errors in officiating opens up a dialogue about some things in the offseason.
I don't blame refs for losses but there were some questionable calls last night including that roughing call. Roughing is when you hit the plant leg. It was clear 26 hit the punters kicking leg and should have only been running into. The targeting call was the correct call by rule however the rule needs to change. What number 44 for oklahoma did to Edwards-helare of lsu was an ejectable hit what 24 did to 16 last night was not. Take the 15 yards but don't eject a player just because the player being tackled braces for contact by dipping his head and that causes the helmet to helmet hit. The fumble was the most egregious call. Number 8 caught the ball with his left foot down, right foot hits, he extends the ball away from his body (constitutes a football move), left foot hits, (3rd step constitutes a football move), he starts tucking the ball (you guessed it football move), and as his right foot hits (4th step) number 1 jars the ball loose. The fact they overturned the call on the field is mind boggling. If that happened on the sideline or in the endzone it is absolutely a touchdown. Terry mcauly, one of the most respected officials, addressed all these on his twitter and agrees with my takes.
Agree with every aspect of your post... but you did not address one point.
Nothing irritates me more than a player ducking himself into a helmet hit that gets called. Last nite we saw a 6'6 QB make himself 5'6 in the headlights of oncoming traffic. The only thing Wade did wrong in my view is drop his head... fully... so the crown led. Gotta see what you hit. Had Wade lead with his facemask there'd have been no call.
-
I don't blame refs for losses but there were some questionable calls last night including that roughing call. Roughing is when you hit the plant leg. It was clear 26 hit the punters kicking leg and should have only been running into. The targeting call was the correct call by rule however the rule needs to change. What number 44 for oklahoma did to Edwards-helare of lsu was an ejectable hit what 24 did to 16 last night was not. Take the 15 yards but don't eject a player just because the player being tackled braces for contact by dipping his head and that causes the helmet to helmet hit. The fumble was the most egregious call. Number 8 caught the ball with his left foot down, right foot hits, he extends the ball away from his body (constitutes a football move), left foot hits, (3rd step constitutes a football move), he starts tucking the ball (you guessed it football move), and as his right foot hits (4th step) number 1 jars the ball loose. The fact they overturned the call on the field is mind boggling. If that happened on the sideline or in the endzone it is absolutely a touchdown. Terry mcauly, one of the most respected officials, addressed all these on his twitter and agrees with my takes.
Agree with every aspect of your post... but you did not address one point.
Nothing irritates me more than a player ducking himself into a helmet hit that gets called. Last nite we saw a 6'6 QB make himself 5'6 in the headlights of oncoming traffic. The only thing Wade did wrong in my view is drop his head... fully... so the crown led. Gotta see what you hit. Had Wade lead with his facemask there'd have been no call.
Agree with every aspect of your post... but you did not address one point.
Nothing irritates me more than a player ducking himself into a helmet hit that gets called. Last nite we saw a 6'6 QB make himself 5'6 in the headlights of oncoming traffic. The only thing Wade did wrong in my view is drop his head... fully... so the crown led. Gotta see what you hit. Had Wade lead with his facemask there'd have been no call.
I say that when a QB drops his head like that, then you bring your knee up and ram it into his grill. Can't get called for head to head for that.....and it may be more effective at dealing a harmful blow.
-
So! I am not the only one speculating about the Bengals dealing the pick:
Joe Brady to Panthers as OC fuels this speculation.
-
So! I am not the only one speculating about the Bengals dealing the pick:
Joe Brady to Panthers as OC fuels this speculation.
So! I am not the only one speculating about the Bengals dealing the pick:
Joe Brady to Panthers as OC fuels this speculation.
Please Gipper lame click bait. From the article... RTFLMAO.... BTW, It would take the Panthers entire draft and a couple extra #1s to make it happen.....

"Let me preface this by saying I don't think it will happen. The probability of it going down is extremely low. "
"I was trying to think about which quarterback will grade
above(FIFY below) and I think it's everybody since Andrew Luck. I think he'll have the strongest grade. (PS me and Tour happen to think the same thing)Would the Bengals make this trade?I don't think so. Burrow is a rare prospect. In my opinion, given the Bengals' need at quarterback, Burrow's ascension and his status as a local player, it would be tough to bail on taking him first overall. "
Furthermore, ESPN'S draft guru Todd McShea was at the LSU Clemson game, and stated "THE BENGALS WOULD BE INSANE IF THEY PASSED ON JOE BURROW."
-
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
-
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
And they're completely full of crap posting stuff that has about a 0.001% chance of ever happening just to get advertising clicks..... MHO- right now the odds of the Bengals trading out of #1 are about the same as an asteroid hitting Paul Brown Stadium. Hearken back to Andrew Luck- (even the article put Joe on that level) & I have very little doubt even insane offers are going to get turned down.
Hey- I heard it's a done deal- the Bengals are trading the #1 overall pick to the Browns for Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and two first round picks. Just about as likely,,,, Silly season is officially underway...
-
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
And they're completely full of crap posting stuff that has about a 0.001% chance of ever happening just to get advertising clicks..... MHO- right now the odds of the Bengals trading out of #1 are about the same as an asteroid hitting Paul Brown Stadium. Hearken back to Andrew Luck- (even the article put Joe on that level) & I have very little doubt even insane offers are going to get turned down.
Hey- I heard it's a done deal- the Bengals are trading the #1 overall pick to the Browns for Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and two first round picks. Just about as likely,,,, Silly season is officially underway...
And they're completely full of crap posting stuff that has about a 0.001% chance of ever happening just to get advertising clicks..... MHO- right now the odds of the Bengals trading out of #1 are about the same as an asteroid hitting Paul Brown Stadium. Hearken back to Andrew Luck- (even the article put Joe on that level) & I have very little doubt even insane offers are going to get turned down.
Hey- I heard it's a done deal- the Bengals are trading the #1 overall pick to the Browns for Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and two first round picks. Just about as likely,,,, Silly season is officially underway...
Brady Quinn was one of them.
You know...the guy whose pro career Joe Burrows will mirror
-
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
Still....someone was talking and speculating about it. I'm just saying.
I saw Schefter talking about the Bungles trading.
-
And they're completely full of crap posting stuff that has about a 0.001% chance of ever happening just to get advertising clicks..... MHO- right now the odds of the Bengals trading out of #1 are about the same as an asteroid hitting Paul Brown Stadium. Hearken back to Andrew Luck- (even the article put Joe on that level) & I have very little doubt even insane offers are going to get turned down.
Hey- I heard it's a done deal- the Bengals are trading the #1 overall pick to the Browns for Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and two first round picks. Just about as likely,,,, Silly season is officially underway...
Brady Quinn was one of them.
You know...the guy whose pro career Joe Burrows will mirror
Brady Quinn was one of them.
You know...the guy whose pro career Joe Burrows will mirror
You obviously forgot my mantra back then- "It's a sin if we draft Quinn".
In general, I hold Notre Dame QBs in low esteem- notwithstanding I hate the school only slightly less than Michigan. Who can forget the mighty Jimmy Clausen (pickle), and if it wouldn't have cost me over $1,000 bucks to replace it- I would have thrown something at the monitor when Jim Brown announced- "with their pick in the second round, the Browns draft Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame." I almost barfed, and I won't repeat my string of profanities here.
Care for a side bet that Joe is going to make the all-rookie team?
-
Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...
==============================================================================================
PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:
National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick
1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU
The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.
-
A little more expansive PFF write-up from their end of season ranking of all the starting college QBs...
1. Joe Burrow – LSU
Preseason Rank: 17; Week 6 Rank: 1; Week 12 Rank: 1
There has never been a season quite like Burrow’s season in 2019. Not Mayfield. Not Newton. Not Tebow. Not Winston nor Mariota. No season in history has a quarterback risen the way that Burrow did in 2019, and his season was capped by a National Championship victory over Clemson. No season in history has been as decorated as Burrow’s. No season has anyone dominated a set of statistics or advanced analytics the way Burrow did in 2019.
You have to search long and hard to find a category that Burrow isn’t the highest-graded player in the PFF data. He’s the highest-graded player on throws 10 or more yards downfield, the highest-graded player under pressure, the highest-graded player on horizontal leads, the highest-graded player in the first quarter, the most accurate quarterback we’ve ever charted.
The list could go on and on for Burrow and his historic season in 2019 to 2020, but I’ll leave you with the following statement. When the grading criterion for the rest of the quarterbacks went as such: “Where did he rank next to Burrow?” – you know just how special of a season it was for Broadway Jeaux, Joe Burreaux.
-
lol... and not too pile on, but I had to share this.
FanSpeak's Draft Sim has a feature after you complete a draft that's let's you see the top 3 prospects that players for each team select with their teams 1st pick.
Here's the list with teams in alphabetical order thru Cleveland...
Most Drafted Players in Round 1 by OTC UsersARIZONA CARDINALS WR Jerry Jeudy
EDGE A.J. Epenesa
OT Tristan WirfsATLANTA FALCONS DL Javon Kinlaw
CB CJ Henderson
CB Kristian FultonBALTIMORE RAVENS LB Kenneth Murray
EDGE James Lynch
EDGE K'Lavon ChaissonBUFFALO BILLS WR Tee Higgins
EDGE Terrell Lewis
OT Austin JacksonCAROLINA PANTHERS OT Andrew Thomas
DL Derrick Brown
QB Tua TagovailoaCHICAGO BEARS N/A CINCINNATI BENGALS QB Joe Burrow CLEVELAND BROWNS LB Isaiah Simmons
OT Jedrick Wills
OT Tristan WirfsEvery player representing Cinci has selected Joe Burrow... every player... there are no 2nd choices. OK... I'm piling on a little.
FYI here's Washington's...
WASHINGTON REDSKINS EDGE Chase Young
CB Jeffrey Okudah -
Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...
==============================================================================================
PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:
National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick
1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU
The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.
Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...
==============================================================================================
PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:
National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick
1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU
The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.
The only thing that sucks about this Tour is Joe is going to go to the damn Bengals. Any team but- those fairweather fans don't deserve a talent this great. I mentioned it earlier- there's already unlicensed Burrow jerseys being offered for sale down Cinci way...
-
-
No but if you wanna put your money where your mouth I will make the same bet with you. If you win you will have to come to the tailgate here to collect just like Larry
I've already told Tour along with TexAg they have standing invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.
Oh, and I could even up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game of your choice) on my part to $200 bucks- on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident you're gonna lose.
-
Just in case you need some cheering up, h... lol...
==============================================================================================
PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft:
National champion Joe Burrow cements his spot as the first overall pick
1. Cincinnati Bengals — QB Joe Burrow, LSU
The Bengals are the lucky owners of the Burrow lottery ticket. ‘Tank for Tua’ gave way to ‘Bomb for Burrow’ well before Tagovailoa was injured. Burrow is in a stratosphere of his own as a prospect after finishing off the highest-graded quarterback season we’ve ever seen. He added five more big-time throws in the National Championship to bring his total to an FBS-leading 42 on the season.
The only thing that sucks about this Tour is Joe is going to go to the damn Bengals. Any team but- those fairweather fans don't deserve a talent this great. I mentioned it earlier- there's already unlicensed Burrow jerseys being offered for sale down Cinci way...
The only thing that sucks about this Tour is Joe is going to go to the damn Bengals. Any team but- those fairweather fans don't deserve a talent this great. I mentioned it earlier- there's already unlicensed Burrow jerseys being offered for sale down Cinci way...
How does Joe Brady end up in Carolina as their OC, and not in Cincy or not even offered up a interview? it sounded crazy the day i heard it. Rhule out-pounced the Bengals? Bengals OC Brian Callahan was a QB coach at Oakland in 2018..Seemed like a perfect fit to move Callahan back to QB coach? Than sign Joe Brady as OC to keep him in Burrows ears.. THEM BIG DUMMies ! !
-
No but if you wanna put your money where your mouth I will make the same bet with you. If you win you will have to come to the tailgate here to collect just like Larry
I've already told Tour along with TexAg they have standing invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.
Oh, and I could even up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game of your choice) on my part to $200 bucks- on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident you're gonna lose.
I've already told Tour along with TexAg they have standing invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.
Since my wife is going with my daughter on a trip to Penn. Amish country so daughter can research for her next book, it looks like I may be able to take you up on that offer this coming year. Most likely time would be in Oct. depending upon the final schedule for home games. We have in-laws here for late Sept. to include the obligatory trip to the S.A. Riverwalk and a Texas wine country visit around Fredericksburg.
-
Say, here's another bet to make ! Will the Dolphins use their top ten pick on a qb ?
Don't bet a bunch of bucks that they won't, imho. Several mocks have Miami picking Tua or Herbert....
2020 NFL mock draft: Josh Rosen could lose starting quarterback job to a No. 1 pick again
************************
rosen...is he that guy... nevermind. lol
-
No but if you wanna put your money where your mouth I will make the same bet with you. If you win you will have to come to the tailgate here to collect just like Larry
I've already told Tour along with TexAg they have standing invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.
Oh, and I could even up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game of your choice) on my part to $200 bucks- on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident you're gonna lose.
I've already told Tour along with TexAg they have standing invitations to come on up and take in a game with me in my seats.
Oh, and I could even up the ante on the bet to a pair of 100 level Browns tickets (game of your choice) on my part to $200 bucks- on the 100:1 odds against you might win.. I'm that confident you're gonna lose.
A. No, any bets I make are always small. I am OK with losing a $20.00 bottle of wine to you (or 2 $20 bottles if Tour really wants to take it on...and come here to get it if he wins.) When I go to Vegas to bet on the SB it will only be for like 5 bucks. And usually if there is a big lottery jackpot I only put like 4-6 bucks on that. $200 bucks is too rich for me to put that kind of faith in others, particularly The Bengals.
B. And, Well, well, tsk tsk tsk.....you are offering your tickets to the Goatropers from Texas but not your me oh my oh buddies from Ohio? Well!

C. If, by some chance Tour accepts the bet, and wins one possible alternative would be for me to pay him off if I were to attend the Dallas game, assuming he would be there. I would have to buy it there for him, as I wouldn't carry it on the plane. My attendance at the game if iffy anyway. My travel schedule for this year is pretty full already, and it is possible that it may get fuller. (6 weeks booked: Sedona/Vegas/Lake Placid/wedding/cruise/Utah.....and it may be possible that I may be adding a trip to Oregon in like the first of Sept.) Gotta see how things shape up including the Browns schedule. Plus, I may need to win that lottery to pay for all this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login