O H
-
Targeting penalty. Wow. 5’10 CB somehow targets a 6’6 QBs head without launching
Bullshit game changing call by an anonymous replay official..
I called for it when it happened. Lowering the head and striking the QB head with the crown of the helmet is an easy call to make. And it was correct. If he had been a RB it may have been a different call. But when a QB is stood up and you do that shit-it deserves a call. It was a dirty hit designed to put Clemson's best player on the bench and it almost succeeded.
All that said it was the best game of the bowl season so far and sets up one hell of a best QB standing scenario in the NC game. BTW Clemson's RB was an A&M commit stolen at the last second by Clemson.
And Mike the Tiger welcomes OU to the SEC West. LOL!?????
-
Targeting penalty. Wow. 5’10 CB somehow targets a 6’6 QBs head without launching
Bullshit game changing call by an anonymous replay official..
I called for it when it happened. Lowering the head and striking the QB head with the crown of the helmet is an easy call to make. And it was correct. If he had been a RB it may have been a different call. But when a QB is stood up and you do that shit-it deserves a call. It was a dirty hit designed to put Clemson's best player on the bench and it almost succeeded.
All that said it was the best game of the bowl season so far and sets up one hell of a best QB standing scenario in the NC game. BTW Clemson's RB was an A&M commit stolen at the last second by Clemson.
And Mike the Tiger welcomes OU to the SEC West. LOL!?????
I called for it when it happened. Lowering the head and striking the QB head with the crown of the helmet is an easy call to make. And it was correct. If he had been a RB it may have been a different call. But when a QB is stood up and you do that shit-it deserves a call. It was a dirty hit designed to put Clemson's best player on the bench and it almost succeeded.
All that said it was the best game of the bowl season so far and sets up one hell of a best B standing scenario in the NC game. BTW Clemson's RB was an A&M commit stolen at the last second by Clemson.
And Mike the Tiger welcomes OU to the SEC West. LOL!?????
It wasn't a dirty hit even though it did meet the definition of targeting. That Qb is big 6'6" and and runs hard and cannot be tackled gingerly when he is running the ball. It was a close call as evidenced by refs on the field not calling it.
-
Targeting penalty. Wow. 5’10 CB somehow targets a 6’6 QBs head without launching
Bullshit game changing call by an anonymous replay official..
I called for it when it happened. Lowering the head and striking the QB head with the crown of the helmet is an easy call to make. And it was correct. If he had been a RB it may have been a different call. But when a QB is stood up and you do that shit-it deserves a call. It was a dirty hit designed to put Clemson's best player on the bench and it almost succeeded.
All that said it was the best game of the bowl season so far and sets up one hell of a best QB standing scenario in the NC game. BTW Clemson's RB was an A&M commit stolen at the last second by Clemson.
And Mike the Tiger welcomes OU to the SEC West. LOL!?????
I called for it when it happened. Lowering the head and striking the QB head with the crown of the helmet is an easy call to make. And it was correct. If he had been a RB it may have been a different call. But when a QB is stood up and you do that shit-it deserves a call. It was a dirty hit designed to put Clemson's best player on the bench and it almost succeeded.
All that said it was the best game of the bowl season so far and sets up one hell of a best QB standing scenario in the NC game. BTW Clemson's RB was an A&M commit stolen at the last second by Clemson.
And Mike the Tiger welcomes OU to the SEC West. LOL!?????
So Lawrence lowering his head and whole body doesn’t matter. I’ve watched it 30 times now. What exactly is Wade supposed to do. Same shit in the NFL with roughing. The game isn’t the same anymore.
-
Your argument of a QB “stood up” is ridiculous to me.
-
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
-
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
By definition it was targeting but they need to have a two tier system for something flagrant and something that isn't and for those that aren't flagrant I would like to see something other than the player being ejected from the game. This was not flagrant which is why the refs on the field never called it. If the QB had not appeared to have gotten hurt I seriously doubt if they would have made the targeting call from the booth.
I am not blaming the officials for the loss. I put the loss primarily on all the times in the first half we were inside the 10 yard line and had to settle for field goals.
-
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
Funny, a Meatchicken fan weighing in on a Buckeye playoff game.
I bet Buckeye fans don’t shit on the Meatchicken playoff threads...if they had one! ?????
-
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
Funny, a Meatchicken fan weighing in on a Buckeye playoff game.
I bet Buckeye fans don’t shit on the Meatchicken playoff threads...if they had one! ?????
Funny, a Meatchicken fan weighing in on a Buckeye playoff game.
I bet Buckeye fans don’t shit on the Meatchicken playoff threads...if they had one! ?????
Umm.... There are multiple threads on this forum that prove you incorrect. Hell, threads you've contributed in.
I know I'm using logic here so that's going to lose you, but this one is pretty obvious.
But the Buckeyes, who have had so many things go there way. Have has so many ref calls go there way. To now complain about refs. That's a riot.
-
Funny, a Meatchicken fan weighing in on a Buckeye playoff game.
I bet Buckeye fans don’t shit on the Meatchicken playoff threads...if they had one! ?????
Umm.... There are multiple threads on this forum that prove you incorrect. Hell, threads you've contributed in.
I know I'm using logic here so that's going to lose you, but this one is pretty obvious.
But the Buckeyes, who have had so many things go there way. Have has so many ref calls go there way. To now complain about refs. That's a riot.
Umm.... There are multiple threads on this forum that prove you incorrect. Hell, threads you've contributed in.
I know I'm using logic here so that's going to lose you, but this one is pretty obvious.
But the Buckeyes, who have had so many things go there way. Have has so many ref calls go there way. To now complain about refs. That's a riot.
-
Yes, I am correct. Thank you.
Here's hoping Baker can pull this off
I'm out of here. Have fun amongst yourselves.
-
Funny, a Meatchicken fan weighing in on a Buckeye playoff game.
I bet Buckeye fans don’t shit on the Meatchicken playoff threads...if they had one! ?????
Umm.... There are multiple threads on this forum that prove you incorrect. Hell, threads you've contributed in.
I know I'm using logic here so that's going to lose you, but this one is pretty obvious.
But the Buckeyes, who have had so many things go there way. Have has so many ref calls go there way. To now complain about refs. That's a riot.
Umm.... There are multiple threads on this forum that prove you incorrect. Hell, threads you've contributed in.
I know I'm using logic here so that's going to lose you, but this one is pretty obvious.
But the Buckeyes, who have had so many things go there way. Have has so many ref calls go there way. To now complain about refs. That's a riot.
He said Michigan College Football playoff threads. Where have you seen any Michigan College Football playoffs threads, ever?
And as far as I can recall, if Ohio State has had referee calls go their way....it is because those calls went the right way based on the play.
Give me any examples otherwise.
That 4th down play vs. Mich a few years back cannot be one...because the right call was made.
The call in the Miami (in 02 I believe) game cannot be one, because the right one was made.
Show us....any.
-
OSU fans complaining about refs....
Hahahahahahahaha
(Wade 100% led with the crown of his helmet btw)
By definition it was targeting but they need to have a two tier system for something flagrant and something that isn't and for those that aren't flagrant I would like to see something other than the player being ejected from the game. This was not flagrant which is why the refs on the field never called it. If the QB had not appeared to have gotten hurt I seriously doubt if they would have made the targeting call from the booth.
I am not blaming the officials for the loss. I put the loss primarily on all the times in the first half we were inside the 10 yard line and had to settle for field goals.
By definition it was targeting but they need to have a two tier system for something flagrant and something that isn't and for those that aren't flagrant I would like to see something other than the player being ejected from the game. This was not flagrant which is why the refs on the field never called it. If the QB had not appeared to have gotten hurt I seriously doubt if they would have made the targeting call from the booth.
I am not blaming the officials for the loss. I put the loss primarily on all the times in the first half we were inside the 10 yard line and had to settle for field goals.
I agree with everything you said except for it was flagrant. You can see him eye the QB's head and intentionally lower his helmet so the crown strikes the QB's perfectly. Go back and watch it in slow mo and you can see exactly what he sees and does. There was no mistake or accidental striking.
-
By definition it was targeting but they need to have a two tier system for something flagrant and something that isn't and for those that aren't flagrant I would like to see something other than the player being ejected from the game. This was not flagrant which is why the refs on the field never called it. If the QB had not appeared to have gotten hurt I seriously doubt if they would have made the targeting call from the booth.
I am not blaming the officials for the loss. I put the loss primarily on all the times in the first half we were inside the 10 yard line and had to settle for field goals.
I agree with everything you said except for it was flagrant. You can see him eye the QB's head and intentionally lower his helmet so the crown strikes the QB's perfectly. Go back and watch it in slow mo and you can see exactly what he sees and does. There was no mistake or accidental striking.
I agree with everything you said except for it was flagrant. You can see him eye the QB's head and intentionally lower his helmet so the crown strikes the QB's perfectly. Go back and watch it in slow mo and you can see exactly what he sees and does. There was no mistake or accidental striking.
You see it as flagrant and I don't and to me that explains the dilemma the refs have with so many penalties in football being subjective. The refs on the field who witnessed the play did not rule targeting but it was ruled targeting from the booth. I also saw Lawrence who is 6'6" and runs hard lowering his head and body. I understand the new rules to protect the players but they have opened a can of worms with making the game much harder to officiate IMO.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

