Skip to content

2020 Opponents

The Browns Board
54 17 1.2k
  • Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

  • The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets

    Not sure any of those are in the cards for me to get to, though right now I only have one trip scheduled during football season.....about a 10 day deal in Southern Utah and maybe parts of Southern Colorado   from Mid to end of October. 

    Though, if a group from the board is going to one of these....I could perhaps consider it.   None of them fit my travel bucket list just right....but maybe I could squeeze something out of it. 

  • Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

    I'm so very glad you accepted the HC job and will also be in charge of our draft this year. Has to be far better than the clownshow that is the Cleveland Browns.??

    Now I can tell you which players to use each week. I just won my FFL and am seriously considering staying in a Holiday Inn Express before my job interview.??

  • @tour2ma said:

    Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

    I'm so very glad you accepted the HC job and will also be in charge of our draft this year. Has to be far better than the clownshow that is the Cleveland Browns.??

    Now I can tell you which players to use each week. I just won my FFL and am seriously considering staying in a Holiday Inn Express before my job interview.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm so very glad you accepted the HC job...

    Nah... Director of Player Personnel... 😉

  • Cleveland will host the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Washington and the Broncos.

    The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

    https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/cleveland-browns-2020-opponents

    @tour2ma said:

    Cleveland will host the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Washington and the Broncos.

    The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

    Wow very nice road schedule only one time zone change

  • @tour2ma said:

    Cleveland will host the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Washington and the Broncos.

    The Browns will travel to Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York Giants, Dallas, Jacksonville and the New York Jets.

    Wow very nice road schedule only one time zone change

    @richiswhere said:

    Wow very nice road schedule only one time zone change

    Two.....Nashville is on Central Time....but I get it. 

  • I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

  • We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.

  • We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.

    The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

    You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

    Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.

    The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

    You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

    Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

    @nero said:

    The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

    You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

    Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

    I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.

    The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry.  The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen. 

  • I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

    @orion said:

    I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

    That'd be cool...

    In any case this is my road trip game for 2020.

  • @nero said:

    The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.

    You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos) 

    Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway. 

    I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.

    The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry.  The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen. 

    @bob806 said:

    I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.

    The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry.  The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen. 

    Well....in conjunction with  the soon to be attempt to expand the regular season,  I have heard  some suggestions about how, if they did have a 17th game, they could increase the number of rivalry games. 

    Things like having the two NY teams play every year,   and the (now)  2 LA teams.   Baltimore and Washington.    Interstate rivalries like  Tampa/Miami; Pittsburgh/Philly;  Dallas/Houston;   and some other natural rivalries:    Cleveland/Detroit   and others.

  • Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    Looks like 11-5 to me...  🥷

    I'm thinking 12-4.

  • I’ll be in Jax? Can’t wait.

    This offseason will seem longer than the last. I would imagine.

  • I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

    @orion said:

    I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

    According to the ol' Google machine, the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989, with only the LA Rams having a longer Thanksgiving drought, since 1975. Jacksonville Jaguars have never had a Thanksgiving game, but they're a much younger franchise. 

  • @orion said:

    I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.

    According to the ol' Google machine, the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989, with only the LA Rams having a longer Thanksgiving drought, since 1975. Jacksonville Jaguars have never had a Thanksgiving game, but they're a much younger franchise. 

    @jbluhm86 said:

    the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989

    ...Eric Turner...

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989

    ...Eric Turner...

    @orion said:

    ...Eric Turner...

    Did not play for the Browns in 1989. 

  • 8-8, but I said that this season and was too optimistic. 

  • @orion said:

    ...Eric Turner...

    Did not play for the Browns in 1989. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did not play for the Browns in 1989. 

    You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did not play for the Browns in 1989. 

    You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.

    @orion said:

    You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.

    1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?