2020 Opponents
-
We play the Jets again? That's the third year in a row. The NFL is really trying to make Mayfield vs Darnold a thing, I guess.
The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.
You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos)
Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway.
The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.
You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos)
Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway.
I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.
The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry. The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen.
-
The scheduling has its rules, they don't choose the matchups.
You have 6 divisional games, 4 games against an AFC division (in 2020 AFC South) , 4 against a NFC division (2020 NFC East) and the last two games against the teams that ended in the same position as yours of the remaining divisions of your own conference (3rd AFC East: Jets and 3rd in AFC West Broncos)
Both Jets and Browns have ended in the same group position for some years (4th both in 2016 and 2017) and that's why we're facing them every single year. In 2019 we had to play them because we had to face the AFC East anyway.
I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.
The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry. The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen.
I think the rotating schedule is and has been a brilliant move by the NFL.
The AFC South games have never excited me at all. Sure, Nashville is a nice spot for a road game, but nothing seems like a rivalry. The Colts would be a good fit in the AFC North, but it's not going to happen.
Well....in conjunction with the soon to be attempt to expand the regular season, I have heard some suggestions about how, if they did have a 17th game, they could increase the number of rivalry games.
Things like having the two NY teams play every year, and the (now) 2 LA teams. Baltimore and Washington. Interstate rivalries like Tampa/Miami; Pittsburgh/Philly; Dallas/Houston; and some other natural rivalries: Cleveland/Detroit and others.
-
-
I’ll be in Jax? Can’t wait.
This offseason will seem longer than the last. I would imagine.
-
I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.
According to the ol' Google machine, the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989, with only the LA Rams having a longer Thanksgiving drought, since 1975. Jacksonville Jaguars have never had a Thanksgiving game, but they're a much younger franchise.
-
I hope we play Dallas on Thanksgiving.
According to the ol' Google machine, the Browns haven't played on Thanksgiving since 1989, with only the LA Rams having a longer Thanksgiving drought, since 1975. Jacksonville Jaguars have never had a Thanksgiving game, but they're a much younger franchise.
-
-
Did not play for the Browns in 1989.
You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.
-
Did not play for the Browns in 1989.
You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.
-
1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?
There was a company Christmas party that eve. VP was a Cowboys fan. We were both trying to find out what was happening (no smartphones).
-
Did not play for the Browns in 1989.
You're right, I have Eric Turner's interception burned in as Thanksgiving......but it wasn't.
-
-
-
That'd be cool...
In any case this is my road trip game for 2020.
I think I may do that one as well. Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year. I plan on selling some tickets this year. I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games. I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets. I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats. Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats. I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money. I don't care who sits in them.
-
1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?
I remember that game. It might have been Eric Turner who stuffed Novacek at the 1 yard line on a TE slant as time expired.
I think that game clinched a playoff berth too. Late December.
*Last time Browns played Dallas in Dallas, I was there. Brandon Weeden Weedenized, threw the ball away on 4th & 3. Then Buster Skrine got called for PI about three plays in a row. 23-20 Cowboys in yet another game the Browns threw away.
We did travel for a Thanksgiving game to Dallas, with the "great?" Paul McDonald and got killed back in the 80s.
Also, it seems there was a scheduling error, we have the Raiders instead of hideous Denver now.
Go Browns
-
-
That'd be cool...
In any case this is my road trip game for 2020.
I think I may do that one as well. Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year. I plan on selling some tickets this year. I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games. I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets. I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats. Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats. I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money. I don't care who sits in them.
I think I may do that one as well. Haven't been to an away game for a few years since I "road trip" up to 6-7 home games a year. I plan on selling some tickets this year. I plan on selling the Steelers and Colts games. I know Steeler fans travel and figure there will be plenty of Colts fans looking for tickets. I had this thing about not wanting visiting fans sitting in my seats. Screw that, Browns fans don't buy the seats. I am putting them on the ticket exchange and make some money. I don't care who sits in them.
I finally reached that level of apathy this year too 'Peen. When I can't hardly give away tickets to the relatives, I reached the "screw it" level too.
Don't look at it as a way to make money though. More like cut your losses. The Rams and Steelers games were selling for well above face value, but some others were getting 50 cents on a dollar, and the Bengals game didn't sell at all.
-
1994 vs Cowboys? 19-14 victory?
I remember that game. It might have been Eric Turner who stuffed Novacek at the 1 yard line on a TE slant as time expired.
I think that game clinched a playoff berth too. Late December.
*Last time Browns played Dallas in Dallas, I was there. Brandon Weeden Weedenized, threw the ball away on 4th & 3. Then Buster Skrine got called for PI about three plays in a row. 23-20 Cowboys in yet another game the Browns threw away.
We did travel for a Thanksgiving game to Dallas, with the "great?" Paul McDonald and got killed back in the 80s.
Also, it seems there was a scheduling error, we have the Raiders instead of hideous Denver now.
Go Browns
I remember that game. It might have been Eric Turner who stuffed Novacek at the 1 yard line on a TE slant as time expired.
I think that game clinched a playoff berth too. Late December.
*Last time Browns played Dallas in Dallas, I was there. Brandon Weeden Weedenized, threw the ball away on 4th & 3. Then Buster Skrine got called for PI about three plays in a row. 23-20 Cowboys in yet another game the Browns threw away.
We did travel for a Thanksgiving game to Dallas, with the "great?" Paul McDonald and got killed back in the 80s.
Also, it seems there was a scheduling error, we have the Raiders instead of hideous Denver now.
Go Browns
Ahhhhh, memories.


It can be tough being a BROWNS fan..... sometimes. Good memories from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

just don't invite the relatives. My probable road trip.