Skip to content

Mayfield..cant handle fan chatter..

The Browns Board
45 21 2.1k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It definitely scares me, and as an athlete, you have to know people will unfortunately say WHATEVER they can in order to get under someone's skin.  It's ugly, sad, and being an athlete shouldn't entitle a person to receiving verbal punishment.  I can really see Baker losing his shit one day and it hurting the team.  Either when he's out on the town, drunk with friends, or whatever.  Somebody will try to piss Baker off, and he'll eventually take the bait. 

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    @tour2ma said:

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    What's his fuel though?

    Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    What's his fuel though?

    Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    What's his fuel though?

    Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

    Not looking like an idiot? 

    Watching your QB handing more INTs than TDs and making more commercials than big plays is quite embarrassing. 

    Shut the chatter with your game, Baker.

    You, as of today, are literally a nobody. 

  • ^ That's basically it...

    Call it pride or redemption, Baker definitely has something to prove.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    It definitely scares me, and as an athlete, you have to know people will unfortunately say WHATEVER they can in order to get under someone's skin.  It's ugly, sad, and being an athlete shouldn't entitle a person to receiving verbal punishment.  I can really see Baker losing his shit one day and it hurting the team.  Either when he's out on the town, drunk with friends, or whatever.  Somebody will try to piss Baker off, and he'll eventually take the bait. 

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    @tour2ma said:

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    It's funny you say that because I too felt like he tried to almost manufacture anger or strife so he could get pumped. Definitely felt that way to me. 

  • @kvoethe said:

    Sophomore slump...if he is as ballsy as he claims he is...he will come back stronger.

    Is anyone forgetting...we did NOT have a nice New England schedule...im just saying

    ........but......but.... six sacks....three picks....the Bengals ? I'm just saying.

    @furious-styles said:

    ........but......but.... six sacks....three picks....the Bengals ? I'm just saying.

    Yeah...but that Browns defense!

  • @furious-styles said:

    ........but......but.... six sacks....three picks....the Bengals ? I'm just saying.

    Yeah...but that Browns defense!

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yeah...but that Browns defense!

    Dude, our defense was nauseating to watch. The Cardinals game was the one where I knew we were officially effed. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Pshaw.....if those guys do not give their highest degree of effort and aggression at all times, then they should be on the bench or on the street. 

    Are you saying effort and emotion are steady and not up and down ? If I were to look across the line and yell......" ALL YOUR LINEBACKERS ARE BITCHES", I will be the focus of increased intensity. You must not have participated in many contact sports. Some players are sleeping dogs. Arrogant punks wake them up sometimes.

    @furious-styles said:

    Are you saying effort and emotion are steady and not up and down ? If I were to look across the line and yell......" ALL YOUR LINEBACKERS ARE BITCHES", I will be the focus of increased intensity. You must not have participated in many contact sports. Some players are sleeping dogs. Arrogant punks wake them up sometimes.

    I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.

  • Baker needs to learn how to smile/laugh at these fools instead of wasting energy on them

  • @tour2ma said:

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    What's his fuel though?

    Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    What's his fuel though?

    Most of his issues this season were self-inflicted. 

    That’s the crux of the question. And the perceived answers so far are pretty good. 

    Baker is at an impasse. They are challenging for us all. But he has the unenviable position of riding it out with a fanbase on his back. It’s make or break. Only time will tell.

  • Baker needs to learn how to smile/laugh at these fools instead of wasting energy on them

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Baker needs to learn how to smile/laugh at these fools instead of wasting energy on them

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Baker needs to learn how to smile/laugh at these fools instead of wasting energy on them

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

    Attention Whore 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

    Attention Whore 

    @7moses7 said:

    Attention Whore 

    Who? You, me, or Mayfield? We all like attention. Anyone whoever posted anything on the interwebs any time ever seeks attention. 

  • @7moses7 said:

    Attention Whore 

    Who? You, me, or Mayfield? We all like attention. Anyone whoever posted anything on the interwebs any time ever seeks attention. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Who? You, me, or Mayfield? We all like attention. Anyone whoever posted anything on the interwebs any time ever seeks attention. 

    Mayfield = Attention Whore 

  • @tour2ma said:

    And that could be the day Baker matures...

    It really felt to me like Baker came into 2019 more than a little satisfied with himself and had to generate his game-fueling "passion" (read "anger") by unnatural means. And it's understandable since it was the first year he did not have to battle for his job, had a new wife/life and the love of an entire city.

    For 2020 he's got plenty of fuel. Let's see what he does with it.

    It's funny you say that because I too felt like he tried to almost manufacture anger or strife so he could get pumped. Definitely felt that way to me. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's funny you say that...

    Well.... I am a funny guy. 🙂

  • @furious-styles said:

    Are you saying effort and emotion are steady and not up and down ? If I were to look across the line and yell......" ALL YOUR LINEBACKERS ARE BITCHES", I will be the focus of increased intensity. You must not have participated in many contact sports. Some players are sleeping dogs. Arrogant punks wake them up sometimes.

    I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.

    @the-gipper said:

    I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

  • @the-gipper said:

    I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

    @furious-styles said:

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

    It’s the beard 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Baker needs to learn how to smile/laugh at these fools instead of wasting energy on them

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    It’s the wierdest thing ever trying to understand how he managed to reach the age of 20 something without realizing the power of NOT responding. It’s so easy and so powerful. What went awry there?

    Seems appropriate. . 

    2BC1170B-7E01-4F43-89A8-C0D73E2DC2F2.jpeg

  • This is part of the package that is Baker... for now. It's part of his process of getting fired up.

    I've no doubt he did the same in BLT and PTG this season.

    He may grow out of it, but you can't coach it out of him.

    @tour2ma said:

    This is part of the package that is Baker... for now. It's part of his process of getting fired up.

    I've no doubt he did the same in BLT and PTG this season.

    He may grow out of it, but you can't coach it out of him.

    He starts winning and no one will care about this s--t, BUT it's not good leadership. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I say that their effort should be steady, yes.   If yelling some trash talk fires them up....then I would say that they are slackers in the first place.

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

    @furious-styles said:

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

    Dangerous to Costanza mustache in one year....

    92F70F6E-7FAA-4FD3-A6FC-8FECA2602989.jpeg

  • @furious-styles said:

    I'm willing to bet Bakers not feeling quite so  dangerous these days.

    9502602.jpg

    Dangerous to Costanza mustache in one year....

    92F70F6E-7FAA-4FD3-A6FC-8FECA2602989.jpeg

    @hx214 said:

    Dangerous to Costanza mustache in one year....

    92F70F6E-7FAA-4FD3-A6FC-8FECA2602989.jpeg

    LOL, he had a rough night...the whole shaving three times in one game....wow