Skip to content

Team Roman

The Browns Board
30 14 760 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    What is your list?  Or is that something you choose to be coy about?

    I don't think Shaw made your list 

    I believe he should be talked to

    @atom said:

    I don't think Shaw made your list 

    I believe he should be talked to

    Me?  I didn't actually make my own list.   I only posted/pasted   a long list of potentials, and also tried to list whom the Browns have asked permission to interview.

    And who is Shaw? 

  • @atom said:

    I don't think Shaw made your list 

    I believe he should be talked to

    Me?  I didn't actually make my own list.   I only posted/pasted   a long list of potentials, and also tried to list whom the Browns have asked permission to interview.

    And who is Shaw? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Me?  I didn't actually make my own list.   I only posted/pasted   a long list of potentials, and also tried to list whom the Browns have asked permission to interview.

    And who is Shaw? 

    ok i thought it was something to made

    David Shaw the Stanford head coach seriously that is who Roman learned under 

  • What do we think about college coaches?   I guess it can work, has worked....but it not my optimal idea of where to get a coach.

  • Shaw has coached QB'S and WR'S in the nfl I believe with the ravens 

    so ya of all the collage coachs if we went that route he would be the guy i would like

    But i would prefer a Rivera over em all then maybe a Caldwell or a McCarthy 

  • Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

  • Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    But, if we are going with college coaches....would not Lincoln Riley be a better fit with  Baker, all things considered? 

  • Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    the coach from ttun over meyer

  • Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

  • Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    @browns149 said:

    Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

  • @browns149 said:

    Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

  • @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

  • I know this sounds weird, but if the Browns go "unproven coordinator" route I want the guy who I feel can oversee a complete team and create an overall culture of responsibility, accountability and winning, more than the guy whose offense or defense is hot at this moment. 

    Someone like Mike Tomlin probably excited no one when he was interviewed for the Steelers because he wasn't the hotshot coordinator of the moment, but the Rooneys saw that he could run a team. I want that. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    @tiamat63 said:

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

    @tour2ma said:

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

    in relative terms compared to lamar and kaep?  ... still found success in more of a conventional role.  So there is some history there.

  • @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Hard to say.. He's been with numerous organizations over the years..I have heard his name in certain circles for the last umphteen years

  • He does look like another hefty white guy.

    1AB306C6-C496-4139-B9B6-CC298462E1EB.jpeg

  • Greg Roman also has history with Harbaugh.

    But he's made some great offenses and I think he could get the most out of ours.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    the coach from ttun over meyer

    @atom said:

    the coach from ttun over meyer

    He could possibly be a better NFL coach than a college coach.  Maybe he should put his name out there.   

  • He does look like another hefty white guy.

    1AB306C6-C496-4139-B9B6-CC298462E1EB.jpeg

    @ibleedbrown said:

    He does look like another hefty white guy.

    Andy Reid's little brother ?

  • Greg Roman's team ranks as an OC

    Pretty obvious what hes all about

      Overall Offense Rushing Off Passing Off
    Year Tm Role Tms WL% T/G Pts± Yds± Yds Pts GvA Att Yds TD Y/A FL Att Yds TD Int NY/A
    2011 SFO OC 32 2 1 4 14 26 11 1 3 8 12 19 1 31 29 24 1 20
    2012 SFO OC 32 5 8 4 3 11 11 2 7 4 6 3 9 31 23 16 1 8
    2013 SFO OC 32 3 4 3 14 24 11 2 3 3 4 11 16 32 30 23 1 10
    2014 SFO OC 32 17 6 22 15 20 25 11 9 4 21 4 24 29 30 22 5 28
    2015 BUF OC 32 14 8 13 14 13 12 8 2 1 1 1 18 31 28 20 5 12
    2016 BUF OC 32 21 7 14 20 16 10 3 2 1 1 1 3 32 30 27 4 25
    2019 BAL OC 32 1 6 1 1 2 1 3 1 1 2 1 5 32 27 1 5 10