Skip to content

Team Roman

The Browns Board
30 14 760 1
  • Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    the coach from ttun over meyer

  • Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

  • Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    @browns149 said:

    Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

  • @browns149 said:

    Is Baker enough of a running QB for Roman? 

    He’s had success with Lamar and Koepernick 

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

  • @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

  • I know this sounds weird, but if the Browns go "unproven coordinator" route I want the guy who I feel can oversee a complete team and create an overall culture of responsibility, accountability and winning, more than the guy whose offense or defense is hot at this moment. 

    Someone like Mike Tomlin probably excited no one when he was interviewed for the Steelers because he wasn't the hotshot coordinator of the moment, but the Rooneys saw that he could run a team. I want that. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    @tiamat63 said:

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Alex Smith.   Though that Niners offense wasn't "Great"

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

    @tour2ma said:

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

    in relative terms compared to lamar and kaep?  ... still found success in more of a conventional role.  So there is some history there.

  • @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    Hard to say.. He's been with numerous organizations over the years..I have heard his name in certain circles for the last umphteen years

  • He does look like another hefty white guy.

    1AB306C6-C496-4139-B9B6-CC298462E1EB.jpeg

  • Greg Roman also has history with Harbaugh.

    But he's made some great offenses and I think he could get the most out of ours.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Idk how enthused I am about Shaw. He spent 5 years under Harbaugh, 4 of which were at Stanford. How much of his success is the foundation Harbaugh built at Stanford?

    If we're getting a college coach then fucking swing for the fences with Meyer. Will either be great or a complete disaster. 

    the coach from ttun over meyer

    @atom said:

    the coach from ttun over meyer

    He could possibly be a better NFL coach than a college coach.  Maybe he should put his name out there.   

  • He does look like another hefty white guy.

    1AB306C6-C496-4139-B9B6-CC298462E1EB.jpeg

    @ibleedbrown said:

    He does look like another hefty white guy.

    Andy Reid's little brother ?

  • Greg Roman's team ranks as an OC

    Pretty obvious what hes all about

      Overall Offense Rushing Off Passing Off
    Year Tm Role Tms WL% T/G Pts± Yds± Yds Pts GvA Att Yds TD Y/A FL Att Yds TD Int NY/A
    2011 SFO OC 32 2 1 4 14 26 11 1 3 8 12 19 1 31 29 24 1 20
    2012 SFO OC 32 5 8 4 3 11 11 2 7 4 6 3 9 31 23 16 1 8
    2013 SFO OC 32 3 4 3 14 24 11 2 3 3 4 11 16 32 30 23 1 10
    2014 SFO OC 32 17 6 22 15 20 25 11 9 4 21 4 24 29 30 22 5 28
    2015 BUF OC 32 14 8 13 14 13 12 8 2 1 1 1 18 31 28 20 5 12
    2016 BUF OC 32 21 7 14 20 16 10 3 2 1 1 1 3 32 30 27 4 25
    2019 BAL OC 32 1 6 1 1 2 1 3 1 1 2 1 5 32 27 1 5 10

     

  • There's literally several coaches I'd be thrilled with, Roman is definitely one of them. 

    McCarthy is set to interview with us and I'd be totally fine with him too. 

  • @nickers said:

    I think Roman has the where with all to put Baker in a good place to succeed.. He has a track record...

    Does he though? (And I really don't know)

    Because it seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Has Roman succeeded with a pocket QB? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It seems like Roman succeeds when he has a QB who is a great runner. When they tried to keep Kaepernick in the pocket and make him a more traditional QB, the 49ers offense struggled. 

    Kaepernick was [is] a more polished Manziel.. that offense sputtered bc K isn't a QB, not anything about Roman.

  • @tour2ma said:

    And Alex wasn't exactly a pocket QB. He flourished in KC because Andy turned him loose to play his game.

    in relative terms compared to lamar and kaep?  ... still found success in more of a conventional role.  So there is some history there.

    @tiamat63 said:

    in relative terms compared to lamar and kaep?  ... still found success in more of a conventional role.  So there is some history there.

    Smith's rushing high-water mark in SF was 179 yds in '11. Two years later he ran for 431 in KC and in '15 he ran for a career high 498.

    LJ is in a different league, but not Keap whose rushing totals were generally in the 400 to 600 area code.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Kaepernick was [is] a more polished Manziel.. that offense sputtered bc K isn't a QB, not anything about Roman.

    Making a non-pocket-passing QB to throw from the pocket isn't on the OC?