Browns to interview McCarthy
-
McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.
McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.
A look at the Cowboy's perspective from a Browns fan. Jerrah jumped in head first into the deep water without interviewing anyone else. I caught the big fish- great for publicity. And Jones is all about making a big splash.
BTW- doing a little Wiki research- the last "big name" HC of the Cowboys- Bill Parcells was OK- but hardly on the Bill B. level, three years and a record of 34-30 no playoff wins. May history repeat itself for South America's Team.
My feeling? The Browns probably told Mike- we like you, but we're doing more interviews with other candidates.... I don't call it Haslam incompetence- just looking at the complete selection of fish before they haul one in. Due diligence isn't incompetence. Sure, one got away, unless you (and the Browns) are 100% certain McCarthy was the best possible choice. They (Cleveland) had to know the odds were pretty good if they didn't offer Mike a blow you away deal then and there, he'd probably land another HC gig with another team quickly.
-
McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.
A look at the Cowboy's perspective from a Browns fan. Jerrah jumped in head first into the deep water without interviewing anyone else. I caught the big fish- great for publicity. And Jones is all about making a big splash.
BTW- doing a little Wiki research- the last "big name" HC of the Cowboys- Bill Parcells was OK- but hardly on the Bill B. level, three years and a record of 34-30 no playoff wins. May history repeat itself for South America's Team.
My feeling? The Browns probably told Mike- we like you, but we're doing more interviews with other candidates.... I don't call it Haslam incompetence- just looking at the complete selection of fish before they haul one in. Due diligence isn't incompetence. Sure, one got away, unless you (and the Browns) are 100% certain McCarthy was the best possible choice. They (Cleveland) had to know the odds were pretty good if they didn't offer Mike a blow you away deal then and there, he'd probably land another HC gig with another team quickly.
My feeling? The Browns probably told Mike- we like you, but we're doing more interviews with other candidates.... I don't call it Haslam incompetence- just looking at the complete selection of fish before they haul one in. Due diligence isn't incompetence. Sure, one got away, unless you (and the Browns) are 100% certain McCarthy was the best possible choice. They (Cleveland) had to know the odds were pretty good if they didn't offer Mike a blow you away deal then and there, he'd probably land another HC gig with another team quickly.
I think you totally nailed it. If we were 100% sold on McCarthy I don't see a way we let him out of the building, AND we're probably a better destination for a head coach anyway. Why? We don't have Jerry messing around with everything and we might actually have the better team. It's very close, but I still think we're a better fit for many coaches. But I've never liked Dallas so I'm probably biased. ?
-
My feeling? The Browns probably told Mike- we like you, but we're doing more interviews with other candidates.... I don't call it Haslam incompetence- just looking at the complete selection of fish before they haul one in. Due diligence isn't incompetence. Sure, one got away, unless you (and the Browns) are 100% certain McCarthy was the best possible choice. They (Cleveland) had to know the odds were pretty good if they didn't offer Mike a blow you away deal then and there, he'd probably land another HC gig with another team quickly.
I think you totally nailed it. If we were 100% sold on McCarthy I don't see a way we let him out of the building, AND we're probably a better destination for a head coach anyway. Why? We don't have Jerry messing around with everything and we might actually have the better team. It's very close, but I still think we're a better fit for many coaches. But I've never liked Dallas so I'm probably biased. ?
I think you totally nailed it. If we were 100% sold on McCarthy I don't see a way we let him out of the building, AND we're probably a better destination for a head coach anyway. Why? We don't have Jerry messing around with everything and we might actually have the better team. It's very close, but I still think we're a better fit for many coaches. But I've never liked Dallas so I'm probably biased. ?
And that's why they probably scheduled him with the first interview.
-
It's entirely possible McCarthy knew he might be getting a call from Dallas and decided to do a little due diligence of his own before accepting a Browns offer...
-
It's entirely possible McCarthy knew he might be getting a call from Dallas and decided to do a little due diligence of his own before accepting a Browns offer...
-
It's entirely possible McCarthy knew he might be getting a call from Dallas and decided to do a little due diligence of his own before accepting a Browns offer...
It's entirely possible McCarthy knew he might be getting a call from Dallas and decided to do a little due diligence of his own before accepting a Browns offer...
This here...
How many Super Bowl Winning HC coaches are in the market actively looking for jobs? MM may not tickle our fancy but his competition no disrespect to the following Eric B., Brian D., Saleh, etc. have done what as HCs? Then you have McDaniels who failed miserably last time and is under the mostly infamous Belichick tree.
Hes got leverage and mostly his choice and teams likely telling him to connect us before you make a decision.
-
It is all irrelevant now, isn't it. Onward and upwards.
Did anyone hear if in fact McDaniel was in today to interview?
Rumor was today, And he had names he wanted as The GM (John Carroll U alums), and has his staff mostly picked out. And...his hometown Browns would be hard to turn down.
I’m 0 for my last 2 Browns coaches I wasn’t upset when we named Hue and Freddie. So maybe this is good sign that I don’t want him
-
It is all irrelevant now, isn't it. Onward and upwards.
Did anyone hear if in fact McDaniel was in today to interview?
Rumor was today, And he had names he wanted as The GM (John Carroll U alums), and has his staff mostly picked out. And...his hometown Browns would be hard to turn down.
I’m 0 for my last 2 Browns coaches I wasn’t upset when we named Hue and Freddie. So maybe this is good sign that I don’t want him
Rumor was today, And he had names he wanted as The GM (John Carroll U alums), and has his staff mostly picked out. And...his hometown Browns would be hard to turn down.
I’m 0 for my last 2 Browns coaches I wasn’t upset when we named Hue and Freddie. So maybe this is good sign that I don’t want him
Well....if YOU don't want him.....sign him up now. He must be good!!
-
McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.
McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.
The Browns have had such great success in hiring head coaches since 99 they don't need to go with a proven winning NFL HC like McCarthy.
-
Rumor was today, And he had names he wanted as The GM (John Carroll U alums), and has his staff mostly picked out. And...his hometown Browns would be hard to turn down.
I’m 0 for my last 2 Browns coaches I wasn’t upset when we named Hue and Freddie. So maybe this is good sign that I don’t want him
Well....if YOU don't want him.....sign him up now. He must be good!!
Well....if YOU don't want him.....sign him up now. He must be good!!
Yeah I was convinced Hue would turn us into a playoff team and I didn’t want the Mojo Baker had last year with Freddie to be disrupted.
i think we are going find out soon... we will be the Patriots West minus Brady and Belichick. I’m skeptical
-
Haslam is going to fuck this up. We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.
-
Haslam is going to fuck this up. We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.
Haslam is going to fuck this up. We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.
Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.
-
Haslam is going to fuck this up. We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.
Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.
-
-
Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.
-
Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.
Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.
Which Street? Lou Groza Blvd.? Dealey Plaza? Pennsylvania Ave.?
-
Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???
Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!
BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!
Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???
Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!
BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!
Let's assume you are making a joke. Mike Nolan....Dick's son. Served this past season a LB coach in New Orleans. But both Dick and Mike did each serve as HC of the 49ers.
He was the guy that wanted to wear suits and ties on the sideline, but the league initially disallowed it because they insisted that he wear NFL logo apparel. They apparently relented a year later, but only if the suits were made and labeled by Reebok...the league's clothing supplier. But ever since then however, coaches have been required to look like slobs and street punks on the sideline wearing team gear.
-
Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.
Which Street? Lou Groza Blvd.? Dealey Plaza? Pennsylvania Ave.?
Which Street? Lou Groza Blvd.? Dealey Plaza? Pennsylvania Ave.?
Electric Avenue.
We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue.
And then we'll take it higher.
-
Which Street? Lou Groza Blvd.? Dealey Plaza? Pennsylvania Ave.?
Electric Avenue.
We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue.
And then we'll take it higher.
Electric Avenue.
We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue.
And then we'll take it higher.
Groovy!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login