Skip to content

Browns to interview McCarthy

Locked The Browns Board
192 41 6.0k
  • McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    McCarthy to the Cowboys. Browns miss out on another quality HC due to Haslam's incompetence. Time for the mods to take this thread behind the woodshed and put it out of it's misery.

    The Browns have had such great success in hiring head coaches since 99 they don't need to go with a proven winning NFL HC like McCarthy. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Rumor was today, And he had names he wanted as The GM (John Carroll U alums), and has his staff mostly picked out.  And...his hometown Browns would be hard to turn down.

    I’m 0 for my last 2 Browns coaches I wasn’t upset when we named Hue and Freddie.  So maybe this is good sign that I don’t want him 

    Well....if YOU don't want him.....sign him up now. He must be good!!😆

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....if YOU don't want him.....sign him up now. He must be good!!😆

    Yeah I was convinced Hue would turn us into a playoff team and I didn’t want the Mojo Baker had last year with Freddie to be disrupted.  
     

    i think we are going find out soon... we will be the Patriots West minus Brady and Belichick.  I’m skeptical 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Haslam is going to fuck this up.  We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.

  • Haslam is going to fuck this up.  We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Haslam is going to fuck this up.  We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.

    Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Haslam is going to fuck this up.  We'll end up with sloppy seconds or worse.

    Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.

    LOL, but I haven't heard anything about the Homeless Guy interviewing yet.

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    Pretty much. I mean, they're interviewing Brian Daboll, for fuck's sake.

    LOL, but I haven't heard anything about the Homeless Guy interviewing yet.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, but I haven't heard anything about the Homeless Guy interviewing yet.

    Homeless guy referred them to his agent for a scheduling-some guy name Johnny something.?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

    Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

    BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

  • Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.

    Which Street?   Lou Groza Blvd.?      Dealey Plaza?  Pennsylvania Ave.?

  • Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

    Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

    BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

    Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

    BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

    Let's assume you are making a joke.    Mike Nolan....Dick's son.    Served this past season a LB coach in New Orleans.  But both Dick and Mike did each serve as HC of the 49ers. 

    He was the guy that wanted to wear suits and ties on the sideline, but the league initially disallowed it because they insisted that he wear NFL logo apparel.  They apparently relented a year later, but only if the suits were made  and labeled by Reebok...the league's clothing supplier.   But ever since then however, coaches have been required to look like slobs and street punks  on the sideline wearing  team gear. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Word on the street is McCarthy jumped at the Cowboys job because he is convinced the Browns will offer the HC job to McDaniels.

    Which Street?   Lou Groza Blvd.?      Dealey Plaza?  Pennsylvania Ave.?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Which Street?   Lou Groza Blvd.?      Dealey Plaza?  Pennsylvania Ave.?

    Electric Avenue. 

    We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue. 

    And then we'll take it higher. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Which Street?   Lou Groza Blvd.?      Dealey Plaza?  Pennsylvania Ave.?

    Electric Avenue. 

    We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue. 

    And then we'll take it higher. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Electric Avenue. 

    We're going to rock down to... Electric Avenue. 

    And then we'll take it higher. 

    Groovy!

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Coaching scraps...like I said a week ago...

    What experienced coach would come here to an owner with a quick trigger finger???

    Haslem should run an amusement park that only has Carousels in it.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

     Panthers higher Matt rule PI met with

  • I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

    WSS

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

    WSS

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

    WSS

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

    On the other hand he probably doesn't have to sell his house.

    WSS

  • Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

    Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

    BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Word is that McCarthy wants Dick Nolan as his DC???

    Christ... he was Tom Landry's DC!

    BRING BACK THE FLEX!!!!

    I believe that was Ernie Stautner that gave us the Flex defense.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I was under the impression the McDaniels interview had been moved up. Apparently not.

    WSS

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

    LOL, No reason for  McDaniels to go to  NY now. The Yankees  have a  Judge, and now the Giants  do  too.  Curious  hire to  say the least.  But then it's  Gettleman calling the  shots there.

    Look at  it this way,  we get our  pick of the best of the leftovers.  Some  would say table  scraps.  

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    That was the rumor.  Heard it’s Friday as oringinally scheduled.

    McDaniel is going to New York which I think is an awful spot now that they have Gettleman. 

    LOL, No reason for  McDaniels to go to  NY now. The Yankees  have a  Judge, and now the Giants  do  too.  Curious  hire to  say the least.  But then it's  Gettleman calling the  shots there.

    Look at  it this way,  we get our  pick of the best of the leftovers.  Some  would say table  scraps.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, No reason for  McDaniels to go to  NY now. The Yankees  have a  Judge, and now the Giants  do  too.  Curious  hire to  say the least.  But then it's  Gettleman calling the  shots there.

    Look at  it this way,  we get our  pick of the best of the leftovers.  Some  would say table  scraps.  

    Except I did not view the people left to choose from any less than Rivera or McCarthy.  Not really.  And never heard of Joe Judge.  I do have a friend named John Judge, who is the CEO of First Energy Solutions...which operates a couple of Nuclear Power Plants.     Joe and John have similar duties:  avoiding a meltdown....or, recovering from one.