Meyer as HC and GM
-
Do you think Hairball would leave his $7 million a year job, where he gets to pick his players?
He has a tendency to wear out his welcome where ever he is. Read multiple reports about how their wasn't a wet eye in Stanford and San Francisco when he left. Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming?
He has a tendency to wear out his welcome where ever he is. Read multiple reports about how their wasn't a wet eye in Stanford and San Francisco when he left. Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming?
Harbaugh's problem is he can't beat Ohio State. I'll let Woody opine on how long the big buck alums are going to let him get away with that.
Then whose dime was it?
And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.
How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.
Michigan got squeezed like a grapefruit.
-
-
They've come to grips with being an also-ran?
No. Anyone that is reasonable understands bowls don't mean much. Didn't help we were matched up against one of the most talented teams in the country, because Michigan always gets pushed up the bowl picks because our alumni/fans bring money.
Plus, if anyone actually watched the bowl game and know what they're looking at, it wasn't as bad as the score. We led at half, Bama pulled away late and scored again at the end (no issues there, Najee's last game, let him score). The gameplan was good and the play made sense. Shea missed too many passes deep, too many mistakes at critical times, and Bama's elite palyers (namely Judy) showed why they were elite. It would have been fantastic to win but even that really wouldn't have mattered.
All we have to deal with now is an offseason of stupid hot takes from people that don't actually know anything and just want to get clicks on articles/videos. Oh well.
No. Anyone that is reasonable understands bowls don't mean much. Didn't help we were matched up against one of the most talented teams in the country, because Michigan always gets pushed up the bowl picks because our alumni/fans bring money.
Plus, if anyone actually watched the bowl game and know what they're looking at, it wasn't as bad as the score. We led at half, Bama pulled away late and scored again at the end (no issues there, Najee's last game, let him score). The gameplan was good and the play made sense. Shea missed too many passes deep, too many mistakes at critical times, and Bama's elite palyers (namely Judy) showed why they were elite. It would have been fantastic to win but even that really wouldn't have mattered.
All we have to deal with now is an offseason of stupid hot takes from people that don't actually know anything and just want to get clicks on articles/videos. Oh well.
I believe that the Big Ten should adopt a bowl game policy: We will not send our teams to play bowl games in the home territory of the league they are playing. It seems that every year they are playing bowl games vs. say SEC teams that are played in SEC territory....Florida/Louisiana etc. etc.
They should say: We will play Pac 12 teams in SEC territory.....and we will play SEC teams in Pac 12 territory, but we will not play those teams in their home territory. If those other leagues don't like it...they can schedule bowl game between themselves. They WOULD have to accept that deal, because the Big Ten is what brings in the out of state tourists to those games.
-
They weren’t playing on his dime. Remember? Your a fan of his.
Then whose dime was it?
And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.
Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming?
How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.
Then whose dime was it?
And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.
How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.
You told me you like art for setting up the current Afcn. That’s when I lost my respect for you. Get any mirrors as gifts?
You don’t remember the tarmac meet? Or how artsy farts was the nfl owner that lost money? Or telling me how much adoration you have for him setting up the afcn as it is.
the nfl was going to take the team from your hero for the way he bled money. You admire him but aren’t a fan.... lol -
The brain trust has been and will be JimmyDee Haslam. We’ve all been watching it. It’s just too bad there’s no gray matter to it
I never thought I would wish Randy Lerner still owned the team! ?
I never thought I would wish Randy Lerner still owned the team! ?
They’re the same ilk. Spoiled rotten kids with billionaire dads. Neither started a successful business. But got the keys handed to them by daddy. The successful teams do seem to be run by self made business people.
-
Heard this rumor earlier today, and now we're heading that Dorsey may be out
Thoughts on Meyer taking BOTH roles?
Edit: Dorsey IS out
Heard this rumor earlier today, and now we're heading that Dorsey may be out
Thoughts on Meyer taking BOTH roles?
Edit: Dorsey IS out
My thoughts? I wouldn't hire him for either position. Probably not even as a consultant.
WSS
-
Please no Urban Meyer. I just can't deal with him anymore as a coach. Too many headaches (both physically and metaphorically).
-
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869384
Report: Urban Meyer Has 'Strong Interest' from Browns for Head Coach Position
-
I’m surprised so many Browns fans would be against a great HC/leader who also happens to have grown up in Ashtabula.. about an hour from Cleveland.
Meyer would make sense. -
Please god no...
This batshit bitch will hang himself in the showers during halftime of the first game.
-
Then whose dime was it?
And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.
How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.
You told me you like art for setting up the current Afcn. That’s when I lost my respect for you. Get any mirrors as gifts?
You don’t remember the tarmac meet? Or how artsy farts was the nfl owner that lost money? Or telling me how much adoration you have for him setting up the afcn as it is.
the nfl was going to take the team from your hero for the way he bled money. You admire him but aren’t a fan.... lolYou told me you like art for setting up the current Afcn. That’s when I lost my respect for you. Get any mirrors as gifts?
So, the claim is that Art Modell set up the current AFCN? Actually, I think the division is set up the way it is in spite of Art, not because of him. He hated Paul Brown and wanted no part of Brown in his division...but the league insisted.
The league put the Browns and the Ravens together simply for the reason that they wanted the drama and the conflict of those teams playing together. I think Art had fuck all to do with it.
The Steelers/Browns rivalry predates Modell.....and really, it was more Art Rooney agreeing to move to the AFC in 1970 that created the predecessors of the AFCN. Modell moved for the money....Rooney moved for the good of the league.
Your only theory of Art being responsible is that it was his ineptness as an owner that set forces in play that led to the creation of the AFCN....he certainly did not do any pre-planning to accomplish this. Like I said, it happened in spite of him, not because of him.
-
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869384
Report: Urban Meyer Has 'Strong Interest' from Browns for Head Coach Position
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869384
Report: Urban Meyer Has 'Strong Interest' from Browns for Head Coach Position
Why would he waste his time with such a crap organization like the Browns? I'm guessing this interest is very one sided
-
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869384
Report: Urban Meyer Has 'Strong Interest' from Browns for Head Coach Position
Why would he waste his time with such a crap organization like the Browns? I'm guessing this interest is very one sided
Why would he waste his time with such a crap organization like the Browns? I'm guessing this interest is very one sided
The Cleveland Browns like any of the other 32 teams is no small operation maybe run differently than some others but a big "corporation" in itself. Just scroll down and see what is involved in making the BROWNS tick. https://www.vegasinsider.com/live-odds/line-originator/nevada
This is just a small sample:
-
Why would he waste his time with such a crap organization like the Browns? I'm guessing this interest is very one sided
The Cleveland Browns like any of the other 32 teams is no small operation maybe run differently than some others but a big "corporation" in itself. Just scroll down and see what is involved in making the BROWNS tick. https://www.vegasinsider.com/live-odds/line-originator/nevada
This is just a small sample:
The Cleveland Browns like any of the other 32 teams is no small operation maybe run differently than some others but a big "corporation" in itself. Just scroll down and see what is involved in making the BROWNS tick. https://www.vegasinsider.com/live-odds/line-originator/nevada
This is just a small sample:
The first two names on that list are also the two biggest reasons to run from this team.
I'd certainly love to see him coaching for any team I root for, but I just don't think the odds are in the Browns' favor
-
I am afraid that if the Haslams got ahold of Urban Meyer they would turn him into Rural Meyer
-
They weren’t playing on his dime. Remember? Your a fan of his.
Then whose dime was it?
And, yes... I was a fan... of Ozzie.
Who knows, the shine on TTUN for Harbaugh might be dimming?
How can it not be? I have a feeling today's Citrus Bowl is important to his future.
-
haslem just said he is looking for a coach with nfl experience
what ever jimma
You would almost have to have a coach with NFL experience.
For some reason we are selecting the coach first who will then have considerable input on the GM selected.
anyone see a problem with a college coach (never coached at the NFL level) directing or giving considerable input in the decision to hire an NFL GM.
-
haslem just said he is looking for a coach with nfl experience
what ever jimma
You would almost have to have a coach with NFL experience.
For some reason we are selecting the coach first who will then have considerable input on the GM selected.
anyone see a problem with a college coach (never coached at the NFL level) directing or giving considerable input in the decision to hire an NFL GM.
You would almost have to have a coach with NFL experience.
For some reason we are selecting the coach first who will then have considerable input on the GM selected.
anyone see a problem with a college coach (never coached at the NFL level) directing or giving considerable input in the decision to hire an NFL GM.
Anyone see a problem with a GM AND a HC reporting to the owner?
It didn’t work for Pettine & Farmer...I highly doubt it’s going to work this time around.
-
You would almost have to have a coach with NFL experience.
For some reason we are selecting the coach first who will then have considerable input on the GM selected.
anyone see a problem with a college coach (never coached at the NFL level) directing or giving considerable input in the decision to hire an NFL GM.
Anyone see a problem with a GM AND a HC reporting to the owner?
It didn’t work for Pettine & Farmer...I highly doubt it’s going to work this time around.
Anyone see a problem with a GM AND a HC reporting to the owner?
It didn’t work for Pettine & Farmer...I highly doubt it’s going to work this time around.
did not jimmy hire both himself separate? than sat up the square/round hole table next? i truly can't recall all these trainwrecks
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login