Skip to content

2009 Cleveland Browns Predictions

The Browns Board
44 27 2.5k
  • This is another 2009 Preview of the Cleveland Browns (RealGM.com)

    LINK HERE

    Actually this was a pretty decent article. Pretty in depth preview.

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @vegasdogg said:

    This is another 2009 Preview of the Cleveland Browns (RealGM.com)

    LINK HERE

    Actually this was a pretty decent article. Pretty in depth preview.

    Jeff Risdon's always a good read, especially during the draft season. I don't agree with everything in that piece, but he makes a good point about how Veikune dominated Phil Loadholt during the Senior Bowl practices. Hopefully, he can do the same thing Week 1 against the Vikings.

  • busterB buster wrote on last edited by
    #18

    8 and 8

    I have hope.......especially from what I saw in Quinn.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I say we go 7-9 but this is the year we have a damned W in Pissburgh. I say.

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #20

    There is a rumor that Ryan Tucker is about to announce his retirement.

    In that case there isn't much hope for a winning season.

  • There is a rumor that Ryan Tucker is about to announce his retirement.

    In that case there isn't much hope for a winning season.

    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @lumbergh said:

    There is a rumor that Ryan Tucker is about to announce his retirement.

    In that case there isn't much hope for a winning season.

    Lums, STFU. 😒

  • S Silverback wrote on last edited by Riffer X
    #22

    15-1 for the Browns. Mangina is coach of the year.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #23

    10-6, the D will be top 15 and the rushing attack will be badass.

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Another preview

    2009 CLEVELAND BROWNS PREVIEW

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I am really looking forward to the season. Brady Quinn has shown to have great field presence and leadership ability. Braylon has had plenty of time to get focused. Jamal Lewis will be Jamal Lewis. The O-Line is solid, and Alex Mack is certainly going to help. The Defense is my major worry, but I am hoping that the discipline that is brought by ManKok will put both units back on the map. A whole lot of Tressel-ball in the mix, but maybe we can squeak out more 16-13 victories than we let go. And finish 7-9!

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Yet another fabulous preview

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #27

    19 - 0 Thats a SB Win!

    Eat your heart out Miami!!

    Someone said dream BIG!

  • B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Quinn wins the camp battle and makes the most of his chances. Our offense shows improvement with Harrison and Davis taking some of the load off of Jamal. Robiskie steps into the #2 role and surprises. MOMass and Furrey are nice options as slot and #4. The addition of Mack will help the right side of the line and our line improves from that of last year to further aide our rushing attack. Rob Ryan finally gives our defense as set and we show signs of being an NFL defense that makes an opposing offense plan for us. We become attacking, aggressive D and climb towards the top half in all categories. Corey Williams shows he was worth the trade/money and Coleman helps alongside Rogers. Barton proves to be the QB of the D he is said to be and we look ready on every play. ST have been solid in my eyes and we continue to do so. We have a good start to foundation under the new management. 9-7 is our record. Heading into next year we have our qb settled and we look to further build upon our solid foundation.

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    A nice preview from handicapper perspective

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #30
    Hard to predict yet. Training camp hasn't even started. We are not sure who the starting QB will be. Any injuries in camp/pre-season? Going to be a rebuilding season with new coaching staff, etc. A wild guess at this point would be 7-9 but who really knows? I had high hopes last season that were smashed quickly.
  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #31
  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    How many wins?

    Playoffs?

    How far in the playoffs?

    Team MVP?

    Offensive MVP?

    Defensive MVP?

    Most Improved Player?

    Best Acquisition?

    Worst Acquisition?

    Biggest Player Lost?

    Best Draft Pick/Most Impact?

    Best Trade?

    Team Strengths?

    Team Weaknesses?

    Best Fantasy Players?

    Fantasy Flops?

    Have fun!

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #33

    How many wins? 7

    Playoffs? No

    How far in the playoffs? Nowhere

    Team MVP? Shaun Rogers

    Offensive MVP? Joe Thomas

    Defensive MVP? Shaun Rogers

    Most Improved Player? Brandon McDonald

    Best Acquisition? Eric Barton

    Worst Acquisition? Hank Poteat

    Biggest Player Lost? KWII

    Best Draft Pick/Most Impact? Brian Robiskie

    Best Trade? Trade down during draft

    Team Strengths? Hunger for wins

    Team Weaknesses? Too many new faces on and off the field

    Best Fantasy Players? Braylon Edwards

    Fantasy Flops? None

    + we win at Pissburgh!

  • I predict that the Browns will play in the NFL this season.

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-gipper said:

    I predict that the Browns will play in the NFL this season.

    a little optimistic, wouldn't you say?

  • W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    I usually try to look at this a little later...but the only way to come close IMHO is to look at the schedule:

    MIN - they have a great rushing offense and defense...but their passing stats are pretty anemic on both sides of the ball. Even with Favre (and maybe especially with Favre) I don't see them improving on that...and the Browns have definitely addressed the rush on D. At home, the Browns win. (1-0)

    @DEN - Throw out their passing stats from last year. No way Orton is as good as Cutler. Their RB committee is a bunch of rookies and nobodies as well. Add into that I don't see much improvement on the D...even in Denver this should be a win. (2-0)

    @BAL - I am watching for the sophomore swoon from Flacco. Add into that the fact that Rex Ryan is no longer in Baltimore (and yes, I anticipate that being a HUGE impact). I see Baltimore returning to the 2007 form. This may seem crazy, but we win a close one. (3-0)

    CIN - This is the first game that will test every aspect of the Browns. They had a HUGE draft...and Palmer is going to be healthy this year. Besides which, it will likely be a letdown game. We lose (3-1)

    @BUF - T.O. won't be a distraction yet (too early), but he isn't the player he used to be either...and Buffalo's offense has been anemic for a long time. Add to that the fact this game is sandwiched between to AFC East rivals...win (4-1)

    @PIT - Not even going there yet (4-2)

    GB - I think Rogers is for real, and I think their D will be solid with Raji at NT. We lose a close one (4-3)

    @CHI - Cutler owned our defense last year...and I see no reason he won't be successful here either. I just think their D will do enough to beat us (4-4)

    BAL - We get them at home off the bye week, and they come off a visit to CIN. Another win. (5-4)

    @DET - Detroit is going to be totally restructured...and not ready to win much yet. (6-4)

    @CIN - I hold to the fact that CIN gives us fits...and in their house? (6-5)

    SD - Can LT play at 30? Not gonna matter, because I think Sproles will abuse our D (6-6)

    PIT - and the beat goes on (6-7)

    @KC - I for one think that Cassel was a product of the NE system. (7-7)

    OAK - Garcia or Russel at QB? Not that it will matter much. I think the emphasis on running will get us by (8-7)

    JAC - I just don't see this offense doing anything. Period. (9-7)

    although I came up with 9-7, I could easily see 2-3 us lose more games (Bal x2, Min)...or win 1-2 more games (CIN x2) giving a range of 6-10 to 11-5 (highly unlikely, but possible).

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I love your optimism. Hey, at least you have me pumped for the season now!