Skip to content

2009 Cleveland Browns Predictions

The Browns Board
44 27 2.5k
  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It's time to start taking a look at the 2009 predictions, and make our own...

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #2

    6-10

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #3
  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    And I say 6-10 is a very fair assessment. Hopeful for a .500 season that is brought to us by a fundamental/disciplined football team.

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    A preview from betters perspective

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • B bigdawg09 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    And another fine preview

    2009 Cleveland Browns Preview

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #7

    9-7 perhaps better this team has more "raw" talent then it is given credit for and mangini is exactly what these guys need to get em thinking about their job and their future in the nfl cuz there aint gonna be no more gauranteed show up and start jobs like it was with the previous regime while untested potential talent rots on the bench if you want pay you gotta play.😉

  • A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I predict the Browns will play 16 games and will finish somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0.

  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I predict a season below .500.

    What would be a success if we finish below .500?

    1) Determine who is the QB for the next 10 years.

    2) Rush the passer - double the sacks to 34.

    3) Run the ball with efficiency and production.

    If we can do the above against the Steelers, then a sub .500 season can be termed successful to me. If not, we need to blow it up all over again soon.

    We had two glaring weaknesses - no RB and no pass rush - and we did nothing to address either. So we'll see if Mangini can "scheme" their way out.

  • J JC wrote on last edited by
    #10

    10 - 6

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    12-4, win superbowl. Well, dammit, if you're going to dream, dream big. 😎

  • I predict a season below .500.

    What would be a success if we finish below .500?

    1) Determine who is the QB for the next 10 years.

    2) Rush the passer - double the sacks to 34.

    3) Run the ball with efficiency and production.

    If we can do the above against the Steelers, then a sub .500 season can be termed successful to me. If not, we need to blow it up all over again soon.

    We had two glaring weaknesses - no RB and no pass rush - and we did nothing to address either. So we'll see if Mangini can "scheme" their way out.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @vegasdogg said:

    I predict a season below .500.

    What would be a success if we finish below .500?

    I have to admit I'd be disappointed. I'm not expecting Cleveland to be undefeated or anything. That said, missing post seasons 9 out of the last 10 years (and 15 of the last 16) is too old for comfort. IF the Browns are only 1 season removed from 10 wins - why should they reduce their expectations to moral victories only? Therefore, I think making the playoffs would be a success.

    This is an era of free agency where there seems to be worst to first movements and vice versa. We've added some experienced defensive upgrades from the 3-4 Mangini employed in NY. SHOULD be a good thing competitive wise. We've got an elite STs return man that impacts field position. We just upgraded the oline by letting Shaffer go, adding Mack in the draft and brining in vets like St Clair, Womack and Foster to compete for starts and depth. BQ averaged 30 points a game in his first 2 starts so we have some promise there too.

    - Tom F.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    I predict a season below .500.

    What would be a success if we finish below .500?

    I have to admit I'd be disappointed. I'm not expecting Cleveland to be undefeated or anything. That said, missing post seasons 9 out of the last 10 years (and 15 of the last 16) is too old for comfort. IF the Browns are only 1 season removed from 10 wins - why should they reduce their expectations to moral victories only? Therefore, I think making the playoffs would be a success.

    This is an era of free agency where there seems to be worst to first movements and vice versa. We've added some experienced defensive upgrades from the 3-4 Mangini employed in NY. SHOULD be a good thing competitive wise. We've got an elite STs return man that impacts field position. We just upgraded the oline by letting Shaffer go, adding Mack in the draft and brining in vets like St Clair, Womack and Foster to compete for starts and depth. BQ averaged 30 points a game in his first 2 starts so we have some promise there too.

    - Tom F.

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @flugel said:

    I have to admit I'd be disappointed. I'm not expecting Cleveland to be undefeated or anything. That said, missing post seasons 9 out of the last 10 years (and 15 of the last 16) is too old for comfort. IF the Browns are only 1 season removed from 10 wins - why should they reduce their expectations to moral victories only? Therefore, I think making the playoffs would be a success.

    This is an era of free agency where there seems to be worst to first movements and vice versa. We've added some experienced defensive upgrades from the 3-4 Mangini employed in NY. SHOULD be a good thing competitive wise. We've got an elite STs return man that impacts field position. We just upgraded the oline by letting Shaffer go, adding Mack in the draft and brining in vets like St Clair, Womack and Foster to compete for starts and depth. BQ averaged 30 points a game in his first 2 starts so we have some promise there too.

    - Tom F.

    I appreciate your optimism, but when the things you're most excited about are 1) "experienced defensive players" (meaning marginal, 2nd tier players that are not playmakers) 2) "elite ST's return man" (when the only elite player is a ST'er, that isn't promising) and 3) and 4) If the defense stacks 8 in the box and the QB(s) can't beat it, the offensive line will not perform to it's potential.

    We need to start looking at the best teams in the division (Bal and Pit) and seriously ask ourselves if we can beat them. Adding the players we added does not alone mean a damn thing, especially since they aren't playmakers. And the rookies? Mack could be a good pick up, but Robiskie is a year or two away from making an impact.

    I think some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment, just like I did last season. In 2007 I was as surprised as anyone, especially with Frye coming back as the starter. But this season, no way am I drinking the kool aid.

  • @flugel said:

    I have to admit I'd be disappointed. I'm not expecting Cleveland to be undefeated or anything. That said, missing post seasons 9 out of the last 10 years (and 15 of the last 16) is too old for comfort. IF the Browns are only 1 season removed from 10 wins - why should they reduce their expectations to moral victories only? Therefore, I think making the playoffs would be a success.

    This is an era of free agency where there seems to be worst to first movements and vice versa. We've added some experienced defensive upgrades from the 3-4 Mangini employed in NY. SHOULD be a good thing competitive wise. We've got an elite STs return man that impacts field position. We just upgraded the oline by letting Shaffer go, adding Mack in the draft and brining in vets like St Clair, Womack and Foster to compete for starts and depth. BQ averaged 30 points a game in his first 2 starts so we have some promise there too.

    - Tom F.

    I appreciate your optimism, but when the things you're most excited about are 1) "experienced defensive players" (meaning marginal, 2nd tier players that are not playmakers) 2) "elite ST's return man" (when the only elite player is a ST'er, that isn't promising) and 3) and 4) If the defense stacks 8 in the box and the QB(s) can't beat it, the offensive line will not perform to it's potential.

    We need to start looking at the best teams in the division (Bal and Pit) and seriously ask ourselves if we can beat them. Adding the players we added does not alone mean a damn thing, especially since they aren't playmakers. And the rookies? Mack could be a good pick up, but Robiskie is a year or two away from making an impact.

    I think some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment, just like I did last season. In 2007 I was as surprised as anyone, especially with Frye coming back as the starter. But this season, no way am I drinking the kool aid.

    G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @vegasdogg said:

    I appreciate your optimism, but when the things you're most excited about are 1) "experienced defensive players" (meaning marginal, 2nd tier players that are not playmakers) 2) "elite ST's return man" (when the only elite player is a ST'er, that isn't promising) and 3) and 4) If the defense stacks 8 in the box and the QB(s) can't beat it, the offensive line will not perform to it's potential.

    We need to start looking at the best teams in the division (Bal and Pit) and seriously ask ourselves if we can beat them. Adding the players we added does not alone mean a damn thing, especially since they aren't playmakers. And the rookies? Mack could be a good pick up, but Robiskie is a year or two away from making an impact.

    I think some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment, just like I did last season. In 2007 I was as surprised as anyone, especially with Frye coming back as the starter. But this season, no way am I drinking the kool aid.

    good post. the browns are actually making improvements, but i don't see them really being effective this year. this is, plain and simple, a rebuilding year. sub .500 but at least you'll be making strides to a promising future. but like you said, when the biggest star on your team is a ST guy............don't get too excited about your chances of turning out a superbowl contending team.

    7-9 this year and showing improvement throughout the season.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I predict that the Browns will play in the NFL this season.

  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by Vegasdogg
    #16

    This is another 2009 Preview of the Cleveland Browns (RealGM.com)

    LINK HERE

    Actually this was a pretty decent article. Pretty in depth preview.

  • This is another 2009 Preview of the Cleveland Browns (RealGM.com)

    LINK HERE

    Actually this was a pretty decent article. Pretty in depth preview.

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @vegasdogg said:

    This is another 2009 Preview of the Cleveland Browns (RealGM.com)

    LINK HERE

    Actually this was a pretty decent article. Pretty in depth preview.

    Jeff Risdon's always a good read, especially during the draft season. I don't agree with everything in that piece, but he makes a good point about how Veikune dominated Phil Loadholt during the Senior Bowl practices. Hopefully, he can do the same thing Week 1 against the Vikings.

  • busterB buster wrote on last edited by
    #18

    8 and 8

    I have hope.......especially from what I saw in Quinn.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I say we go 7-9 but this is the year we have a damned W in Pissburgh. I say.

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #20

    There is a rumor that Ryan Tucker is about to announce his retirement.

    In that case there isn't much hope for a winning season.