Skip to content

Structure

The Browns Board
67 16 2.0k 1
  • Not sure they could sign McCarthy today if they haven’t already interviewed a coach to satisfy the Rooney rule

    @7moses7 said:

    Not sure they could sign McCarthy today if they haven’t already interviewed a coach to satisfy the Rooney rule

    How do you think Gettelman feels over the Dorsey Firing?

    Riddle this...

    The Giants are interviewing Dallas's DC Kris Richard today  (Rooney Rule applicant)

    M.McCarthy will interview for Giants job Friday...

    Edit--JD than takes job Jimma offered at giants..(if jags/skins don't hire him 1st as GM) 

    The Jimma Suckture

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am saying that it may be probable that both  GM and HC will be subservients.

    A DFO may be hired before either.    I am thinking that the search there may be all on the low down....even that it may be possible that they have their head honcho, but may not want to announce it now because he may be with a current playoff team.....just speculating. 

    Despite the "talk"...and the requests to interview.......notice that no actual interviews have taken place for a HC. 

    They start today.

    You really are incapable of ever admitting you are wrong. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    They start today.

    You really are incapable of ever admitting you are wrong. 

    I was not wrong when I made that post....was I.   As of yesterday, no one had been interviewed. 

    Beyond that....would they be doing things bass ackward if they hired  the HC  before they hired  a GM...or someone who would be in charge of football operations? 

    Or...is it their intent to make the HC  THE person in charge of football operations.   (like BB in NE?)

  • The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.

    Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.

    Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM. 

    IIRC, the Browns  went  that route  once already,  hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a  lead balloon.  Please don't  make  the same mistake again,  but I  won't be  surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to  make the  same mistake  twice. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    Likely because you can't interview any coach who is active in the playoffs I believe.

    Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere.  I  have a feeling  that the  Browns are  only  interviewing  Bienemy to  satisfy the  Rooney rule. 

  • So....it seems to me that despite a lot of  folderal  on here about the HC position.....should we not be concentrating on who this  Director of Football Operations  would be......?   Because I am hearing indications that that will be the priority position to fill.

    And those would be non coach guys.   (Like Guys we have had here in the past:   Banner, Mike Holmgren) 

    Names brought up:

    Peyton

    Ozzie Newsome

     I   am going to say it:  Bill Cowher

    And FYI....the "GM"...or DPP.....would be a guy, perhaps, who is subsidiary to the HC.  In essence, the HC  would get to do some of the grocery shopping...or at least tell the DPP what to shop for

    @the-gipper said:

    So....it seems to me that despite a lot of  folderal  on here about the HC position.....should we not be concentrating on who this  Director of Football Operations  would be......?   Because I am hearing indications that that will be the priority position to fill.

    And those would be non coach guys.   (Like Guys we have had here in the past:   Banner, Mike Holmgren) 

    Names brought up:

    Peyton

    Ozzie Newsome

     I   am going to say it:  Bill Cowher

    And FYI....the "GM"...or DPP.....would be a guy, perhaps, who is subsidiary to the HC.  In essence, the HC  would get to do some of the grocery shopping...or at least tell the DPP what to shop for

    Bill Cowher's content with tv. 

  • Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken was reportedly open about the team's dysfunction during the 2019 season.

    According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, Monken would tell opposing coaches prior to games that the Browns were a "total mess" and also suggested that there were inconsistencies between the game plans that were put in place and what happened on Sundays.

    Monken, who served as the head coach at Southern Mississippi from 2013 until 2015, was brought in by Freddie Kitchens to be the Browns' offensive coordinator in 2019, but it was Kitchens who had play-calling responsibilities.

    Kitchens spent part of 2018 as the Browns' offensive coordinator following the firing of head coach Hue Jackson. He seemed to work well with then-rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield and helped lead a Cleveland offense that ranked 13th in total yardage and 20th in scoring.

    The Browns dropped to 22nd in both yardage and scoring this season, however, despite the fact that they acquired wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. via trade with the New York Giants. Cleveland also went from 7-8-1 in 2018 to 6-10 this season and extended its playoff drought to an NFL-worst 17 years.

    As a result, Kitchens was fired after just one season as head coach, while the Browns and general manager John Dorsey mutually agreed to part ways.

    With Kitchens and Dorsey gone, Monken's fate will be up to whomever the Browns hire as their new head coach and GM, but it is difficult to envision him returning in the wake of Jackson's story.

    While there is plenty of work to do in Cleveland, whoever assumes the role of offensive coordinator will have plenty of talent to work with in 2020, including Mayfield, Beckham, running back Nick Chubb and wide receiver Jarvis Landry.

    •  
    •  
    •  
     
  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.

    Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM. 

    IIRC, the Browns  went  that route  once already,  hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a  lead balloon.  Please don't  make  the same mistake again,  but I  won't be  surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to  make the  same mistake  twice. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    Likely because you can't interview any coach who is active in the playoffs I believe.

    Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere.  I  have a feeling  that the  Browns are  only  interviewing  Bienemy to  satisfy the  Rooney rule. 

    @hoorta said:

    IIRC, the Browns  went  that route  once already,  hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a  lead balloon.  Please don't  make  the same mistake again,  but I  won't be  surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to  make the  same mistake  twice. 

    Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere.  I  have a feeling  that the  Browns are  only  interviewing  Bienemy to  satisfy the  Rooney rule. 

    they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...

  • That was already posted elsewhere 

  • @hoorta said:

    IIRC, the Browns  went  that route  once already,  hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a  lead balloon.  Please don't  make  the same mistake again,  but I  won't be  surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to  make the  same mistake  twice. 

    Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere.  I  have a feeling  that the  Browns are  only  interviewing  Bienemy to  satisfy the  Rooney rule. 

    they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...

    @nickers said:

    they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

  • hey just trust the process 

  • hey just trust the process 

    @atom said:

    hey just trust the process 

    But the process is blow everything up every other year, if not every year. If it doesn't work.  🙂  

  • haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization 

  • haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization 

    @atom said:

    haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization 

    Was that in his presser today 

  • @atom said:

    haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization 

    Was that in his presser today 

    @the-gipper said:

    Was that in his presser today 

    an hour ago

  • @atom said:

    haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization 

    Was that in his presser today 

    @the-gipper said:

    Was that in his presser today 

            ?    ?    ?  

  • @nickers said:

    they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

    @hoorta said:

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    @nickers said:

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    Not objectionable 

  • hey just trust the process 

    @atom said:

    hey just trust the process 

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    @nickers said:

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    in above presser.. imho,  that did not sound well for the Wolf side of things

  • Well I think they like Wolf a lot!... I think there's a strong chance he remains here...

  • @atom said:

    hey just trust the process 

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

    @browns149 said:

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

    my bad that was complete sarcasm 

    that is all jimma had been saying since he bought the team