Structure
-
The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.
Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM.
The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.
Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM.
IIRC, the Browns went that route once already, hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a lead balloon. Please don't make the same mistake again, but I won't be surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.
Likely because you can't interview any coach who is active in the playoffs I believe.
Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere. I have a feeling that the Browns are only interviewing Bienemy to satisfy the Rooney rule.
-
So....it seems to me that despite a lot of folderal on here about the HC position.....should we not be concentrating on who this Director of Football Operations would be......? Because I am hearing indications that that will be the priority position to fill.
And those would be non coach guys. (Like Guys we have had here in the past: Banner, Mike Holmgren)
Names brought up:
Peyton
Ozzie Newsome
I am going to say it: Bill Cowher
And FYI....the "GM"...or DPP.....would be a guy, perhaps, who is subsidiary to the HC. In essence, the HC would get to do some of the grocery shopping...or at least tell the DPP what to shop for
So....it seems to me that despite a lot of folderal on here about the HC position.....should we not be concentrating on who this Director of Football Operations would be......? Because I am hearing indications that that will be the priority position to fill.
And those would be non coach guys. (Like Guys we have had here in the past: Banner, Mike Holmgren)
Names brought up:
Peyton
Ozzie Newsome
I am going to say it: Bill Cowher
And FYI....the "GM"...or DPP.....would be a guy, perhaps, who is subsidiary to the HC. In essence, the HC would get to do some of the grocery shopping...or at least tell the DPP what to shop for
Bill Cowher's content with tv.
-
Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken was reportedly open about the team's dysfunction during the 2019 season.
According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, Monken would tell opposing coaches prior to games that the Browns were a "total mess" and also suggested that there were inconsistencies between the game plans that were put in place and what happened on Sundays.
Monken, who served as the head coach at Southern Mississippi from 2013 until 2015, was brought in by Freddie Kitchens to be the Browns' offensive coordinator in 2019, but it was Kitchens who had play-calling responsibilities.
Kitchens spent part of 2018 as the Browns' offensive coordinator following the firing of head coach Hue Jackson. He seemed to work well with then-rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield and helped lead a Cleveland offense that ranked 13th in total yardage and 20th in scoring.
The Browns dropped to 22nd in both yardage and scoring this season, however, despite the fact that they acquired wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. via trade with the New York Giants. Cleveland also went from 7-8-1 in 2018 to 6-10 this season and extended its playoff drought to an NFL-worst 17 years.
As a result, Kitchens was fired after just one season as head coach, while the Browns and general manager John Dorsey mutually agreed to part ways.
With Kitchens and Dorsey gone, Monken's fate will be up to whomever the Browns hire as their new head coach and GM, but it is difficult to envision him returning in the wake of Jackson's story.
While there is plenty of work to do in Cleveland, whoever assumes the role of offensive coordinator will have plenty of talent to work with in 2020, including Mayfield, Beckham, running back Nick Chubb and wide receiver Jarvis Landry.
-
The Browns seem to be looking for the HC first, then hiring a GM that the HC would want to work with. That's why everyone is talking about the head coach position.
Now, I don't know what why they don't hire the GM, then let him hire the HC HE wants to work with, but apparently the Browns really want Paul DePodesta to run the head coaching search, not another new GM.
IIRC, the Browns went that route once already, hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a lead balloon. Please don't make the same mistake again, but I won't be surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.
Likely because you can't interview any coach who is active in the playoffs I believe.
Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere. I have a feeling that the Browns are only interviewing Bienemy to satisfy the Rooney rule.
IIRC, the Browns went that route once already, hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a lead balloon. Please don't make the same mistake again, but I won't be surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.
Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere. I have a feeling that the Browns are only interviewing Bienemy to satisfy the Rooney rule.
they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...
-
That was already posted elsewhere
-
IIRC, the Browns went that route once already, hired the HC first and then the GM. Went over like a lead balloon. Please don't make the same mistake again, but I won't be surprised if the Haslams are dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.
Yes you can, and "the rules" were posted elsewhere. I have a feeling that the Browns are only interviewing Bienemy to satisfy the Rooney rule.
they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...
they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...
Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".
That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT. Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.
PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?
-
haslem also said the head coach would be hired first and that the gm would come outside the organization
-
Was that in his presser today
an hour ago
-
Was that in his presser today
? ? ?
-
they could interview the stadium floor sweeper... same difference...
Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".
That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT. Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.
PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?
Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".
That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT. Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.
PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?
Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.
-
Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".
That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT. Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.
PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?
Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.
-
-
Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".
That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT. Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.
PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?
Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.
-
I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does
my bad that was complete sarcasm
that is all jimma had been saying since he bought the team
-
I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away.
-
I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away.
I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away.
I read that to about the final say on the roster do you believe that widdle downs coaching candidates
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login