Skip to content

Structure

The Browns Board
67 16 2.0k 1
  • hey just trust the process 

    @atom said:

    hey just trust the process 

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, with DePodesta doing the HC search, why not interview "The Homeless Guy".  😁 That analytics feller sure has an eye for talent. Um, NOT.   Actually I'm not averse to them bringing back Andrew Berry in some capacity.  

    PS- from that organizational chart mjp posted in another thread- why not just promote Elliott Wolf from "Assistant GM" to GM? But that would be too simple. Elliott was already under consideration to be the next Packers GM. I have to wonder with all the BS that's flying around Berea currently if he's interested in sticking around- or sees the Browns organization as the Titanic that just hit the iceberg.... And if they hire McCarthy, do the two of them get along?  

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    @nickers said:

    Well that's the Combo I want to see... Wolf/McCarthy.

    in above presser.. imho,  that did not sound well for the Wolf side of things

  • Well I think they like Wolf a lot!... I think there's a strong chance he remains here...

  • @atom said:

    hey just trust the process 

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

    @browns149 said:

    I don’t trust ANYTHING Jimmy does

    my bad that was complete sarcasm 

    that is all jimma had been saying since he bought the team

  • I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away. 

    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/12/31/21044761/nfl-rumors-browns-john-dorsey-general-manager-andrew-berry-eagles-paul-depodesta-news-jimmy-haslam

  • I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away. 

    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/12/31/21044761/nfl-rumors-browns-john-dorsey-general-manager-andrew-berry-eagles-paul-depodesta-news-jimmy-haslam

    @bigalow80 said:

    I said it awhile back, but I'll mention his name again. Keep an eye on Andrew Berry. Depo and the Haslams loved him and the biggest reason he left was because of Dorsey. He's young, smart as hell and knows this organization inside and out. Plus, Haslam said he would be coming from "outside" the organization. Berry currently works for the eagles. Haslam saying the GM would have final say over the 53 is the only way they can legally pull him away. 

    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/12/31/21044761/nfl-rumors-browns-john-dorsey-general-manager-andrew-berry-eagles-paul-depodesta-news-jimmy-haslam

    I read that to about the final say on the roster do you believe that widdle downs coaching candidates 

  • Wasn’t Berry and Depo here for 1-31?

  • Well I think they like Wolf a lot!... I think there's a strong chance he remains here...

    @nickers said:

    Well I think they like Wolf a lot!... I think there's a strong chance he remains here...

  • @nickers said:

    Well I think they like Wolf a lot!... I think there's a strong chance he remains here...

    @the-gipper said:

    I still hate that fag band to this day!... They SUCKED!... Literally!!

  • It does sound like they want the structure of the organization to go through them:   Jimmy and Dee. 

    They want  the HC and the GM  to be distinct, separate but equal entitities...both answerable to them.  

    But haven't we seen this shit show before?    Who was it that were the "equals".....Hue and Sashi?   Or was it Pettine and Farmer?  

    Whatever, it was suck ass.

    Can we Petition the NFL for their version of the Stepien Rule......You know, where the management of the team is taken out of the hands of the Owners?

    (It really has not gotten that bad as it was with Stepien....it just seems like it.)

    For those unfamiliar with the Stepien Rule...in the NBA.....here you go:

    https://basketball.realgm.com/article/249279/CBA-Encyclopedia-Stepien-Rule

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  
    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    @atom said:

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

  • @atom said:

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    i believe he did also underestimating the inteligence of others 

  • @atom said:

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    @orion said:

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    It baffles me that anyone who has any other offers would take up the Haslams. 

    I get why Rob Chudzinski or Mike Pettine took them up on their HC jobs, neither were getting another serious offer. But McDaniels? Urban Meyer? Nah... 

  • @orion said:

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    It baffles me that anyone who has any other offers would take up the Haslams. 

    I get why Rob Chudzinski or Mike Pettine took them up on their HC jobs, neither were getting another serious offer. But McDaniels? Urban Meyer? Nah... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It baffles me that anyone who has any other offers would take up the Haslams. 

    Agreed.

    People come back at ya with the ol' There's only 32 of these jobs available.   But taking THIS one means you'll never get ANOTHER one.   (somehow, some dope DID hire Pat Murmur)

  • @orion said:

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    It baffles me that anyone who has any other offers would take up the Haslams. 

    I get why Rob Chudzinski or Mike Pettine took them up on their HC jobs, neither were getting another serious offer. But McDaniels? Urban Meyer? Nah... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It baffles me that anyone who has any other offers would take up the Haslams. 

    I get why Rob Chudzinski or Mike Pettine took them up on their HC jobs, neither were getting another serious offer. But McDaniels? Urban Meyer? Nah... 

    The only thing that this job can be attractive for is the challenge. Whoever turns this organization around will be considered a national hero. Hymns will be sung in his honor, streets will be named after him and he'll later become the POTUS. 100% Guaranteed. 

  • @atom said:

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    He couldn't do that.....but his underlings did exactly that.  He knew nothing.  😉  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/4/2/17182368/pilot-flying-j-fraud-scandal-update-jimmy-haslam-cleveland-browns

    .....As the owner of the Browns, Haslam has been quick to accept the blame for his organization’s perennial underperformance. But as the CEO of Pilot Flying J, the truck-stop company where 17 former employees have pleaded guilty or been convicted in a fraud scheme worth more than $50 million, Haslam has taken a different tone.

    “As I have said throughout this ordeal, I knew nothing about the misconduct of some of our former employees,” Haslam said in December 2016......

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    @orion said:

    Oh heavens no!    He didn't know anything about that!   Him and the janitor, they both had no clue.

    Structure.   Well hasn't Haslam tried every combination of structure by now?   He's gotta start doubling back on them so we're headed back to HC & GM of equal power, both with a key to Haslam's office.  

    And the part about the GM having authority over the 53 tells me that McDaniels will once again be removing his name from the hat.

    Yeah, Jimmy tried that before- and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  😁 You don't need to be THAT involved Jimmy. 

    If it blows up again- Haslam will have to admit he's the problem, and sell out. Don't remember where I saw it, but part of the problem seems to be Jimmy listens to too many opinions before he makes up his mind.  And the one constant over the last several years is DePodesta. You can't be sure, but this is Paul's last chance to get things right. If the rumor is true that Dorsey tossed DePodesta's 1,000 page analytics report in the trash without looking at it, no wonder there was front office friction. 

  • @atom said:

    1.  

      In answering a question about analytics, Jimmy Haslam explained it’s about collecting data. And he used an analogy about sales at Pilot Flying J stores. That’s all I got. #Browns

       
       
       
       
    2.  

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So Haslam used analytics to rip off truckers? 

    R0B1.gif    Oqiy.gif    the whole presser, we could have just used this guy ?