Skip to content

Polsters

Political Discussion
5 3 733
  • Looks like a little vindication for all those national polls that McCain supporters kept insisting were wrong. In the week before the vote I saw Obama any where from 48% to 52% and McCain between 44% and 48%. Final result... 52%-46%. Now I'm no huge fan of the polls, there is only one the really matters, but they have taken a ton of heat over the campaign. I think some may need to eat a little crow on that front.

  • Not aimed at your or anyone here specifically, just a general shot at the die hard McCain guys that kept their hopes alive by throwing mud at "the Commie polsters that have been in the Obama tank since the beginning." Im certainly fine with a little caution when it comes to looking at the polls, in fact, I encourage it. Again, there is only one pole that matters, the actual vote.

  • well ,the Drudge polls sure turned out to be wrong.

  • \ said:

    well ,the Drudge polls sure turned out to be wrong.

    Well, we're talking scientific polls here, not ones on partisan websites where guys can vote 1000 times.

    And, as 'spec rightfully pointed out, the polls have been wrong before. But, I would argue previous polls were less reliable because of the methodology used. Science eventually catches up. People once thought the Earth was flat. icon_e_wink.gif

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    But, I would argue previous polls were less reliable because of the methodology used. Science eventually catches up. People once thought the Earth was flat. icon_e_wink.gif

    Nice point.