Skip to content

The 'Who you watching?' 2020 thread.

The Browns Board
552 41 17.0k
  • @the-gipper said:

       We have  Garrett, Olivier, Clayton, Chad Thomas  and a few other guys at our DE position.  Do we need him there really?   Or, as and "edge" player, would he play at one of our OLB spots.   Would we want to consider him in lieu of Willie Harvey.    That seems a more likely probability.

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @tiamat63 said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    @tiamat63 said:

    @tour2ma  I had NO idea what color to go with since you said something about color blind.  I felt hot pink ended up contrasting well.  If it doesn't then throw me a life line on what works best for some of you with that particular issue.

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis..

    But I didn't ask for a synopsis....I asked specific questions about the Browns needs and how he fit. 

    Typical that you were unable to comprehend that fact.  I am glad that we have someone like Tia that knows what they are talking about and how to comprehend a question that is asked and that can cogently express himself when giving an answer. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    @tiamat63 said:

    @tour2ma  I had NO idea what color to go with since you said something about color blind.  I felt hot pink ended up contrasting well.  If it doesn't then throw me a life line on what works best for some of you with that particular issue.

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    @the-gipper said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis..

    But I didn't ask for a synopsis....I asked specific questions about the Browns needs and how he fit. 

    Typical that you were unable to comprehend that fact.  I am glad that we have someone like Tia that knows what they are talking about and how to comprehend a question that is asked and that can cogently express himself when giving an answer. 

    *nod*.   I will take that compliment and end my day on a high note.

    Not targeted at either of you in this last part...

    I've really been intently watching every defensive snap and taking notes.   I started last night and still haven't finished the Broncos first game of 2018 vs Seattle.    And I've come to the conclusion on 2 big things.

    - My appreciation for Russel Wilson, which was already high, is 5 fold greater now.    The guy really should have taken MVP this past season.  Lamar Jackson is a fine and electric player, I am in no way doubting that.  But nobody means more to their offense, both through the air and on the ground, than RW.    Plays that should have been throw aways, buying extra time, audibles..  just a smooth operator in every since.  Despite the fact he's about the least physically gifted QB in the NFL.   

    - The safeties in Joe Woods system NEED to be badass.  That's all there is too it.   And while I think we have some capable players who will fill in reasonably well,  we lack a true center fielder.  A sideline to sideline ballhawk that really unlocks the potential of the defense.       But really both safeties need to have position flexibility to a degree.   You'll always favor a certain player was your hawk, but somebody has to be able to rotate back there every so often and not be completely exposed.       Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Really nice write up...

    The one noted assignment I question is the RDE's vs a RIZ... if he want to stay on my LG's outside shoulder, then I'm delighted. If my Center can set your NT up for my RG on the way to the 2nd level, then I have my lane.

    If I'm game-planning against this D, on a I have an audible ready to go man vs your zone-D... namely...

    • the off TE to flex to a lead, H-back position (either reset or time with motion continuing to weakside) and ultimately kicks out ROLB (Miller);
    • Center thru inline TE blocks manover/outside. RG releases to LILB.
    • Weakside X-blocks with LG driving out RDE and LT crossing behind to drive on RILB.

    It looks like your DB (#26) will follow the motion. If he does, then my right side looks pretty attractive, but he he doesn't then pretending for a minute that your ROLB is human... how do you counter?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    @the-gipper said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis..

    But I didn't ask for a synopsis....I asked specific questions about the Browns needs and how he fit. 

    Typical that you were unable to comprehend that fact.  I am glad that we have someone like Tia that knows what they are talking about and how to comprehend a question that is asked and that can cogently express himself when giving an answer. 

    *nod*.   I will take that compliment and end my day on a high note.

    Not targeted at either of you in this last part...

    I've really been intently watching every defensive snap and taking notes.   I started last night and still haven't finished the Broncos first game of 2018 vs Seattle.    And I've come to the conclusion on 2 big things.

    - My appreciation for Russel Wilson, which was already high, is 5 fold greater now.    The guy really should have taken MVP this past season.  Lamar Jackson is a fine and electric player, I am in no way doubting that.  But nobody means more to their offense, both through the air and on the ground, than RW.    Plays that should have been throw aways, buying extra time, audibles..  just a smooth operator in every since.  Despite the fact he's about the least physically gifted QB in the NFL.   

    - The safeties in Joe Woods system NEED to be badass.  That's all there is too it.   And while I think we have some capable players who will fill in reasonably well,  we lack a true center fielder.  A sideline to sideline ballhawk that really unlocks the potential of the defense.       But really both safeties need to have position flexibility to a degree.   You'll always favor a certain player was your hawk, but somebody has to be able to rotate back there every so often and not be completely exposed.       Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    lol... actually there are stripes on our flag that do look red to me... whether or not what I see is what you would call "red" is another matter.

    Again the issue with being colorblind is the lack of color contrast between two colors. So unless there's secret writing in green on our flag's red strips... I'm good... 😉

    And before you ask... traffic lights?

    Yes... there are times, usually at nite in poorly lit intersections when I am rolling up uncertain until I can see whether the light that is on is top/left (Red/Stop) or bottom/right (Green/Go).

    So far so good... 😎

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    @the-gipper said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis..

    But I didn't ask for a synopsis....I asked specific questions about the Browns needs and how he fit. 

    Typical that you were unable to comprehend that fact.  I am glad that we have someone like Tia that knows what they are talking about and how to comprehend a question that is asked and that can cogently express himself when giving an answer. 

    *nod*.   I will take that compliment and end my day on a high note.

    Not targeted at either of you in this last part...

    I've really been intently watching every defensive snap and taking notes.   I started last night and still haven't finished the Broncos first game of 2018 vs Seattle.    And I've come to the conclusion on 2 big things.

    - My appreciation for Russel Wilson, which was already high, is 5 fold greater now.    The guy really should have taken MVP this past season.  Lamar Jackson is a fine and electric player, I am in no way doubting that.  But nobody means more to their offense, both through the air and on the ground, than RW.    Plays that should have been throw aways, buying extra time, audibles..  just a smooth operator in every since.  Despite the fact he's about the least physically gifted QB in the NFL.   

    - The safeties in Joe Woods system NEED to be badass.  That's all there is too it.   And while I think we have some capable players who will fill in reasonably well,  we lack a true center fielder.  A sideline to sideline ballhawk that really unlocks the potential of the defense.       But really both safeties need to have position flexibility to a degree.   You'll always favor a certain player was your hawk, but somebody has to be able to rotate back there every so often and not be completely exposed.       Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    Or take two this Draft and subsequent drafts until we find our guy.

    Chinn at 41 and Davis in the 3rd works for me...

  • Really nice write up...

    The one noted assignment I question is the RDE's vs a RIZ... if he want to stay on my LG's outside shoulder, then I'm delighted. If my Center can set your NT up for my RG on the way to the 2nd level, then I have my lane.

    If I'm game-planning against this D, on a I have an audible ready to go man vs your zone-D... namely...

    • the off TE to flex to a lead, H-back position (either reset or time with motion continuing to weakside) and ultimately kicks out ROLB (Miller);
    • Center thru inline TE blocks manover/outside. RG releases to LILB.
    • Weakside X-blocks with LG driving out RDE and LT crossing behind to drive on RILB.

    It looks like your DB (#26) will follow the motion. If he does, then my right side looks pretty attractive, but he he doesn't then pretending for a minute that your ROLB is human... how do you counter?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    Really nice write up...

    The one noted assignment I question is the RDE's vs a RIZ... if he want to stay on my LG's outside shoulder, then I'm delighted. If my Center can set your NT up for my RG on the way to the 2nd level, then I have my lane.

    If I'm game-planning against this D, on a I have an audible ready to go man vs your zone-D... namely...

    • the off TE to flex to a lead, H-back position (either reset or time with motion continuing to weakside) and ultimately kicks out ROLB (Miller);
    • Center thru inline TE blocks manover/outside. RG releases to LILB.
    • Weakside X-blocks with LG driving out RDE and LT crossing behind to drive on RILB.

    It looks like your DB (#26) will follow the motion. If he does, then my right side looks pretty attractive, but he he doesn't then pretending for a minute that your ROLB is human... how do you counter?

    In order...

    - the 3tech might be setting up on the outside shoulder, but he'll be 'shock and lock' if he doesn't read stretch.   The idea with the stack on an IZ to that side would be to not take yourself so far up field or wide that you can't stack and work back across the LG's face to affect the gap and make the clog easier on the linebacker.    Your big IF is the center setting up the RG to be able to cut off that shaded nose.   Sure, it's a counter that would actually (provided the 3tech holds ground) setup a cutback crease back across the center more likely than anything.   But Seattle doesn't have the line to pull that off and Billings grades against the run would tend to indicate he would be able to work across the RG into the 1 hole.  Actually having watched a couple full games of his, I feel confident that is a counter punch which could still be effectively limited from this look.     P.S.  hole calls are different per team but I'm most familiar/versed with odds left and evens right.   So I'm just going to call it the 1 hole for my own sake.    2nd nature type habits on our particular play calls.

    - The flex TE is an interesting idea, and I'm actually glad you brought that up because further along in that game - Seattle did something similar later on. Only the play ends up being from a 2x2 ace set, a wham block on the nose by the motioning TE, while the RG pulled for a trap on the 3tech. It was basically a split zone mixed with the backside trap.  It was funky as hell to watch at first but really outstanding play design.    The only differences, aside from formation, was that the TE was motioned in from out wide and settled on the OT's hip while staying 2pt before the snap.  

    - You could try the C-TE OZ with the RG not throwing any chip on the nose, but you run the risk of not only him affecting the play as usual, but if that weakside backer is worth his salt, he can run right under the block you threw on the fill only to find himself in the gap you voided.  Of course the cutback across the center would theoretically be open, but this is where X's and O's meet Jim's and Joe's.  At some point you just need your talent to beat their talent up front.

    - I want to make sure I understand your last scenario.  Weakside X ... receiver?

    - I didn't see a motion in this play as it ran, but I don't think the DB will follow the motion from the #1 TE.   The corresponding safety will step down to the motion side and 26 will roll and pickup that assignment while the stong side backer is still tasked on the #2 inline.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... actually there are stripes on our flag that do look red to me... whether or not what I see is what you would call "red" is another matter.

    Again the issue with being colorblind is the lack of color contrast between two colors. So unless there's secret writing in green on our flag's red strips... I'm good... 😉

    And before you ask... traffic lights?

    Yes... there are times, usually at nite in poorly lit intersections when I am rolling up uncertain until I can see whether the light that is on is top/left (Red/Stop) or bottom/right (Green/Go).

    So far so good... 😎

    Actually wasn't going to ask about the traffic lights thing.  That's only something small children and old folk have to deal with around you.  You're about 1800 miles from me so I feel quite confident that particular car won't be on the sidewalks that I frequent.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis...

    lol... anything not in the "red" spectrum... that greenish shade of pink is barely visible. 😉 Blue works... yellow works... black works... white works...

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    @the-gipper said:

    If only somebody had taken the time to watch several games and drawn up a quick synopsis.... 

    Gip needs his own "special" symopsis..

    But I didn't ask for a synopsis....I asked specific questions about the Browns needs and how he fit. 

    Typical that you were unable to comprehend that fact.  I am glad that we have someone like Tia that knows what they are talking about and how to comprehend a question that is asked and that can cogently express himself when giving an answer. 

    *nod*.   I will take that compliment and end my day on a high note.

    Not targeted at either of you in this last part...

    I've really been intently watching every defensive snap and taking notes.   I started last night and still haven't finished the Broncos first game of 2018 vs Seattle.    And I've come to the conclusion on 2 big things.

    - My appreciation for Russel Wilson, which was already high, is 5 fold greater now.    The guy really should have taken MVP this past season.  Lamar Jackson is a fine and electric player, I am in no way doubting that.  But nobody means more to their offense, both through the air and on the ground, than RW.    Plays that should have been throw aways, buying extra time, audibles..  just a smooth operator in every since.  Despite the fact he's about the least physically gifted QB in the NFL.   

    - The safeties in Joe Woods system NEED to be badass.  That's all there is too it.   And while I think we have some capable players who will fill in reasonably well,  we lack a true center fielder.  A sideline to sideline ballhawk that really unlocks the potential of the defense.       But really both safeties need to have position flexibility to a degree.   You'll always favor a certain player was your hawk, but somebody has to be able to rotate back there every so often and not be completely exposed.       Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    So you can't see 1/3 of the colors in the American flag?..... commie.  

    *nod*.   I will take that compliment and end my day on a high note.

    Not targeted at either of you in this last part...

    I've really been intently watching every defensive snap and taking notes.   I started last night and still haven't finished the Broncos first game of 2018 vs Seattle.    And I've come to the conclusion on 2 big things.

    - My appreciation for Russel Wilson, which was already high, is 5 fold greater now.    The guy really should have taken MVP this past season.  Lamar Jackson is a fine and electric player, I am in no way doubting that.  But nobody means more to their offense, both through the air and on the ground, than RW.    Plays that should have been throw aways, buying extra time, audibles..  just a smooth operator in every since.  Despite the fact he's about the least physically gifted QB in the NFL.   

    - The safeties in Joe Woods system NEED to be badass.  That's all there is too it.   And while I think we have some capable players who will fill in reasonably well,  we lack a true center fielder.  A sideline to sideline ballhawk that really unlocks the potential of the defense.       But really both safeties need to have position flexibility to a degree.   You'll always favor a certain player was your hawk, but somebody has to be able to rotate back there every so often and not be completely exposed.       Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    So....who would be that badass safety that we could get in round 2.   I chose  Antoine Winfield Jr.  His dad was one of the best "badass" tackling CBs ever....and I was hoping the apple would not fall far from the tree.  And in my limited time in seeing him play, he did pretty well.  Just at 5'9 though...a bit vertically challenged.    

    A couple of guys here like this "Dugger"  guy?  What say you?   Or who else? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Good and bad news - I'm not entirely sure if that means we target somebody like Jeremy Chinn in a higher (2nd) round...  or pass on him completely in favor of veteran experience, possible 2021 FA and/or draft prospects?  

    Or take two this Draft and subsequent drafts until we find our guy.

    Chinn at 41 and Davis in the 3rd works for me...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Or take two this Draft and subsequent drafts until we find our guy.

    Chinn at 41 and Davis in the 3rd works for me...

    In our Board draft, the safeties went in this order:   Xavier McKinney  Ala  #24.    Grant Delpit LSU  31. Kyle Dugger  Lenoir-Rhyne #39,  Antoine Winfield  Minn.  #41;  Ashtyn Davis Call #43;  Jeremy Chinn  #69 (rd. 3)...and not another until after pick 100.

    How do you all think that shook down....and should we expect similar in the real draft? 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Really nice write up...

    The one noted assignment I question is the RDE's vs a RIZ... if he want to stay on my LG's outside shoulder, then I'm delighted. If my Center can set your NT up for my RG on the way to the 2nd level, then I have my lane.

    If I'm game-planning against this D, on a I have an audible ready to go man vs your zone-D... namely...

    • the off TE to flex to a lead, H-back position (either reset or time with motion continuing to weakside) and ultimately kicks out ROLB (Miller);
    • Center thru inline TE blocks manover/outside. RG releases to LILB.
    • Weakside X-blocks with LG driving out RDE and LT crossing behind to drive on RILB.

    It looks like your DB (#26) will follow the motion. If he does, then my right side looks pretty attractive, but he he doesn't then pretending for a minute that your ROLB is human... how do you counter?

    In order...

    - the 3tech might be setting up on the outside shoulder, but he'll be 'shock and lock' if he doesn't read stretch.   The idea with the stack on an IZ to that side would be to not take yourself so far up field or wide that you can't stack and work back across the LG's face to affect the gap and make the clog easier on the linebacker.    Your big IF is the center setting up the RG to be able to cut off that shaded nose.   Sure, it's a counter that would actually (provided the 3tech holds ground) setup a cutback crease back across the center more likely than anything.   But Seattle doesn't have the line to pull that off and Billings grades against the run would tend to indicate he would be able to work across the RG into the 1 hole.  Actually having watched a couple full games of his, I feel confident that is a counter punch which could still be effectively limited from this look.     P.S.  hole calls are different per team but I'm most familiar/versed with odds left and evens right.   So I'm just going to call it the 1 hole for my own sake.    2nd nature type habits on our particular play calls.

    - The flex TE is an interesting idea, and I'm actually glad you brought that up because further along in that game - Seattle did something similar later on. Only the play ends up being from a 2x2 ace set, a wham block on the nose by the motioning TE, while the RG pulled for a trap on the 3tech. It was basically a split zone mixed with the backside trap.  It was funky as hell to watch at first but really outstanding play design.    The only differences, aside from formation, was that the TE was motioned in from out wide and settled on the OT's hip while staying 2pt before the snap.  

    - You could try the C-TE OZ with the RG not throwing any chip on the nose, but you run the risk of not only him affecting the play as usual, but if that weakside backer is worth his salt, he can run right under the block you threw on the fill only to find himself in the gap you voided.  Of course the cutback across the center would theoretically be open, but this is where X's and O's meet Jim's and Joe's.  At some point you just need your talent to beat their talent up front.

    - I want to make sure I understand your last scenario.  Weakside X ... receiver?

    - I didn't see a motion in this play as it ran, but I don't think the DB will follow the motion from the #1 TE.   The corresponding safety will step down to the motion side and 26 will roll and pickup that assignment while the stong side backer is still tasked on the #2 inline.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... actually there are stripes on our flag that do look red to me... whether or not what I see is what you would call "red" is another matter.

    Again the issue with being colorblind is the lack of color contrast between two colors. So unless there's secret writing in green on our flag's red strips... I'm good... 😉

    And before you ask... traffic lights?

    Yes... there are times, usually at nite in poorly lit intersections when I am rolling up uncertain until I can see whether the light that is on is top/left (Red/Stop) or bottom/right (Green/Go).

    So far so good... 😎

    Actually wasn't going to ask about the traffic lights thing.  That's only something small children and old folk have to deal with around you.  You're about 1800 miles from me so I feel quite confident that particular car won't be on the sidewalks that I frequent.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    - I want to make sure I understand your last scenario.  Weakside X ... receiver?

    - I didn't see a motion in this play as it ran, but I don't think the DB will follow the motion from the #1 TE.   The corresponding safety will step down to the motion side and 26 will roll and pickup that assignment while the stong side backer is still tasked on the #2 inline. 

    - No... X-block with the LG kicking out the DE and LT cutting behind him to the 2nd level. It's the 3rd piece of my 3-bulletpoint audible outline.

    - Got it... so once motion overloads the Offensive left side, the D's right-side Safety will roll up. If he's the weaker tackler of your 2 Safeties, then I'm delighted.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The flex TE is an interesting idea, and I'm actually glad you brought that up because further along in that game - Seattle did something similar later on.

    Hey... look at me... I've got OC potential! 😉

    Thanks, man...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    - I want to make sure I understand your last scenario.  Weakside X ... receiver?

    - I didn't see a motion in this play as it ran, but I don't think the DB will follow the motion from the #1 TE.   The corresponding safety will step down to the motion side and 26 will roll and pickup that assignment while the stong side backer is still tasked on the #2 inline. 

    - No... X-block with the LG kicking out the DE and LT cutting behind him to the 2nd level. It's the 3rd piece of my 3-bulletpoint audible outline.

    - Got it... so once motion overloads the Offensive left side, the D's right-side Safety will roll up. If he's the weaker tackler of your 2 Safeties, then I'm delighted.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The flex TE is an interesting idea, and I'm actually glad you brought that up because further along in that game - Seattle did something similar later on.

    Hey... look at me... I've got OC potential! 😉

    Thanks, man...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    - No... X-block with the LG kicking out the DE and LT cutting behind him to the 2nd level. It's the 3rd piece of my 3-bulletpoint audible outline.

    - Got it... so once motion overloads the Offensive left side, the D's right-side Safety will roll up. If he's the weaker tackler of your 2 Safeties, then I'm delighted.

    Hey... look at me... I've got OC potential! 😉

    Thanks, man...

    - OMG.  DUURRRRRRRR.     Sorry about that.  Yeah, I've been up since 5am so that's my bad.  Yes, that could be a counter but if that 3tech's initial punch puts that LG back then the pull won't be... ideal.   You also have to consider that you've pretty much screamed where the ball is going as most everyone in the history of anything will attack that pull.     You also don't need to have Von Miller to that side because any quality weakside edge is going to make that an incredibly spotty call.

    - I think the weaker tackling safety thing just goes back to the need for having interchangeable DB's back there.  You want bodies that can cover, run and hit. 

    - I'd say so.

    @the-gipper said:

    In our Board draft, the safeties went in this order:   Xavier McKinney  Ala  #24.    Grant Delpit LSU  31. Kyle Dugger  Lenoir-Rhyne #39,  Antoine Winfield  Minn.  #41;  Ashtyn Davis Call #43;  Jeremy Chinn  #69 (rd. 3)...and not another until after pick 100.

    How do you all think that shook down....and should we expect similar in the real draft? 

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.              I also would be willing to bet a great deal Dugger isn't drafted in the top 50 either. Likewise for Winfield Jr.

  • @tour2ma said:

    - No... X-block with the LG kicking out the DE and LT cutting behind him to the 2nd level. It's the 3rd piece of my 3-bulletpoint audible outline.

    - Got it... so once motion overloads the Offensive left side, the D's right-side Safety will roll up. If he's the weaker tackler of your 2 Safeties, then I'm delighted.

    Hey... look at me... I've got OC potential! 😉

    Thanks, man...

    - OMG.  DUURRRRRRRR.     Sorry about that.  Yeah, I've been up since 5am so that's my bad.  Yes, that could be a counter but if that 3tech's initial punch puts that LG back then the pull won't be... ideal.   You also have to consider that you've pretty much screamed where the ball is going as most everyone in the history of anything will attack that pull.     You also don't need to have Von Miller to that side because any quality weakside edge is going to make that an incredibly spotty call.

    - I think the weaker tackling safety thing just goes back to the need for having interchangeable DB's back there.  You want bodies that can cover, run and hit. 

    - I'd say so.

    @the-gipper said:

    In our Board draft, the safeties went in this order:   Xavier McKinney  Ala  #24.    Grant Delpit LSU  31. Kyle Dugger  Lenoir-Rhyne #39,  Antoine Winfield  Minn.  #41;  Ashtyn Davis Call #43;  Jeremy Chinn  #69 (rd. 3)...and not another until after pick 100.

    How do you all think that shook down....and should we expect similar in the real draft? 

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.              I also would be willing to bet a great deal Dugger isn't drafted in the top 50 either. Likewise for Winfield Jr.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    -

    - I think the weaker tackling safety thing just goes back to the need for having interchangeable DB's back there.  You want bodies that can cover, run and hit. 

    - I'd say so.

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.              I also would be willing to bet a great deal Dugger isn't drafted in the top 50 either. Likewise for Winfield Jr.

    Those two guys ARE rated by some services to be  near Top 50 talent.  Winfield rated #54.     Davis #42 Dugger #65.   Not a big stretch to put them in at  50 or below.  

    Its not like it would be like TxAg did in our draft, where he was taking people like 100 spots higher than they were rated. 😆

  • @tiamat63 said:

    -

    - I think the weaker tackling safety thing just goes back to the need for having interchangeable DB's back there.  You want bodies that can cover, run and hit. 

    - I'd say so.

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.              I also would be willing to bet a great deal Dugger isn't drafted in the top 50 either. Likewise for Winfield Jr.

    Those two guys ARE rated by some services to be  near Top 50 talent.  Winfield rated #54.     Davis #42 Dugger #65.   Not a big stretch to put them in at  50 or below.  

    Its not like it would be like TxAg did in our draft, where he was taking people like 100 spots higher than they were rated. 😆

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Those two guys ARE rated by some services to be  near Top 50 talent.  Winfield rated #54.     Davis #42 Dugger #65.   Not a big stretch to put them in at  50 or below.  

    Its not like it would be like TxAg did in our draft, where he was taking people like 100 spots higher than they were rated. 😆

    I think Winfield's injuries more than his size will hurt him. Davis will be a mid day 2 pick and Dugger is the wild card.  GM's have to ask if they value his physical talent over his currently very raw mental and fundamental skill set.    In my heart I can't see him as a top 50 pick.  But war rooms do questionable things all the time.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Those two guys ARE rated by some services to be  near Top 50 talent.  Winfield rated #54.     Davis #42 Dugger #65.   Not a big stretch to put them in at  50 or below.  

    Its not like it would be like TxAg did in our draft, where he was taking people like 100 spots higher than they were rated. 😆

    I think Winfield's injuries more than his size will hurt him. Davis will be a mid day 2 pick and Dugger is the wild card.  GM's have to ask if they value his physical talent over his currently very raw mental and fundamental skill set.    In my heart I can't see him as a top 50 pick.  But war rooms do questionable things all the time.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think Winfield's injuries more than his size will hurt him. Davis will be a mid day 2 pick and Dugger is the wild card.  GM's have to ask if they value his physical talent over his currently very raw mental and fundamental skill set.    In my heart I can't see him as a top 50 pick.  But war rooms do questionable things all the time.

    just because Jeremy Chinn is more polished...

    "picky, picky, picky" lol

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I think Winfield's injuries more than his size will hurt him. Davis will be a mid day 2 pick and Dugger is the wild card.  GM's have to ask if they value his physical talent over his currently very raw mental and fundamental skill set.    In my heart I can't see him as a top 50 pick.  But war rooms do questionable things all the time.

    just because Jeremy Chinn is more polished...

    "picky, picky, picky" lol

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    just because Jeremy Chinn is more polished...

    "picky, picky, picky" lol

    Well.....  yeah.

  • @tour2ma said:

    - No... X-block with the LG kicking out the DE and LT cutting behind him to the 2nd level. It's the 3rd piece of my 3-bulletpoint audible outline.

    - Got it... so once motion overloads the Offensive left side, the D's right-side Safety will roll up. If he's the weaker tackler of your 2 Safeties, then I'm delighted.

    Hey... look at me... I've got OC potential! 😉

    Thanks, man...

    - OMG.  DUURRRRRRRR.     Sorry about that.  Yeah, I've been up since 5am so that's my bad.  Yes, that could be a counter but if that 3tech's initial punch puts that LG back then the pull won't be... ideal.   You also have to consider that you've pretty much screamed where the ball is going as most everyone in the history of anything will attack that pull.     You also don't need to have Von Miller to that side because any quality weakside edge is going to make that an incredibly spotty call.

    - I think the weaker tackling safety thing just goes back to the need for having interchangeable DB's back there.  You want bodies that can cover, run and hit. 

    - I'd say so.

    @the-gipper said:

    In our Board draft, the safeties went in this order:   Xavier McKinney  Ala  #24.    Grant Delpit LSU  31. Kyle Dugger  Lenoir-Rhyne #39,  Antoine Winfield  Minn.  #41;  Ashtyn Davis Call #43;  Jeremy Chinn  #69 (rd. 3)...and not another until after pick 100.

    How do you all think that shook down....and should we expect similar in the real draft? 

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.              I also would be willing to bet a great deal Dugger isn't drafted in the top 50 either. Likewise for Winfield Jr.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.   

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.   

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

    What do  you use?  

    I would use the Browns scouting reports if we were privy to them...or any other NFL teams.   If you have a scouting service that is better, more professional/expert that is accessible I suppose that could be considered.  (FYI...that excludes your opinions  You are as much or more of an amateur as I am. )

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't expect it to be similar.   

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

    It's a tertiary source, decent but not end all.?

    I combine it with Walter and drafttec so if at least one of those is not in line with CBS but they are with one another, I go with them.

    Or the SEC LOLOLOLOLOL!?

  • @tour2ma said:

    So like Ag, NFL war rooms do not use CBS' prospect listing? ?

    lol...

    What do  you use?  

    I would use the Browns scouting reports if we were privy to them...or any other NFL teams.   If you have a scouting service that is better, more professional/expert that is accessible I suppose that could be considered.  (FYI...that excludes your opinions  You are as much or more of an amateur as I am. )

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    What do  you use?  

    I would use the Browns scouting reports if we were privy to them...or any other NFL teams.   If you have a scouting service that is better, more professional/expert that is accessible I suppose that could be considered.  (FYI...that excludes your opinions  You are as much or more of an amateur as I am. )

    First, Gip... there are no degrees of amateurism... you either is or you ain't... and since neither of us are paid for our football opinions... we is.

    Now the degree to which our opinions are in fact our opinions and not some homogenized amalgamation of other peoples' work... well... there's clearly a difference between us.

    Who do I look to for guidance? As always for me it's the outfit that used to power your CBS bunch... DraftScout... and IMO they are better than ever. Not because their evaluations are better, but because they no longer pretend that they can differentiate prospects as finely as other services seemingly pretend that they can. Here's a sample...

    image.thumb.png.ef3471dd6de2eb3926405c470e26697a.png

    While they still "rank" prospects... it's kind of a requirement when you create a list... they've now "Tiered" them as well. And rather than assigning them a round they bracket an appropriate range. DraftScout is not up front with their methodology, but it appears to be a compilation of many scouting sources... not dissimilar to fivethirtyeight's compilation of poll data. What DraftSCout does not do... at least in the free info available from them... is provide summary write ups. So you have to dig for info and/or look at tape to learn more.

    Otherwise I get ideas from the various Draft sims I mess with... mostly out of desperation when I get into the later rounds and don't recognize many names. Some of the sims such as DraftNetwork's have fairly extensive, easily accessible player evals... often multiple ones. How "expert" are they? I don't know and I don't care, because I don't parrot them.

    From there it's a matter of how you choose to use the work of all the above... from final stop to springboard. As can be told by my take on this OT class I tend towards the latter.

    image.thumb.png.a138335e6f6cd3ae1e0a73dcd5c213cf.png

  • @the-gipper said:

    What do  you use?  

    I would use the Browns scouting reports if we were privy to them...or any other NFL teams.   If you have a scouting service that is better, more professional/expert that is accessible I suppose that could be considered.  (FYI...that excludes your opinions  You are as much or more of an amateur as I am. )

    First, Gip... there are no degrees of amateurism... you either is or you ain't... and since neither of us are paid for our football opinions... we is.

    Now the degree to which our opinions are in fact our opinions and not some homogenized amalgamation of other peoples' work... well... there's clearly a difference between us.

    Who do I look to for guidance? As always for me it's the outfit that used to power your CBS bunch... DraftScout... and IMO they are better than ever. Not because their evaluations are better, but because they no longer pretend that they can differentiate prospects as finely as other services seemingly pretend that they can. Here's a sample...

    image.thumb.png.ef3471dd6de2eb3926405c470e26697a.png

    While they still "rank" prospects... it's kind of a requirement when you create a list... they've now "Tiered" them as well. And rather than assigning them a round they bracket an appropriate range. DraftScout is not up front with their methodology, but it appears to be a compilation of many scouting sources... not dissimilar to fivethirtyeight's compilation of poll data. What DraftSCout does not do... at least in the free info available from them... is provide summary write ups. So you have to dig for info and/or look at tape to learn more.

    Otherwise I get ideas from the various Draft sims I mess with... mostly out of desperation when I get into the later rounds and don't recognize many names. Some of the sims such as DraftNetwork's have fairly extensive, easily accessible player evals... often multiple ones. How "expert" are they? I don't know and I don't care, because I don't parrot them.

    From there it's a matter of how you choose to use the work of all the above... from final stop to springboard. As can be told by my take on this OT class I tend towards the latter.

    image.thumb.png.a138335e6f6cd3ae1e0a73dcd5c213cf.png

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @tour2ma said:

    First, Gip... there are no degrees of amateurism... you either is or you ain't... and since neither of us are paid for our football opinions... we is.

    Now the degree to which our opinions are in fact our opinions and not some homogenized amalgamation of other peoples' work... well... there's clearly a difference between us.

    Maybe...that difference being   I do not feign at all to be expert in it. I look to other's work, same as you...I just admit that I am not that interested in it.  It bores me. Maybe it doesn't bore you.  

    Who do I look to for guidance? As always for me it's the outfit that used to power your CBS bunch... DraftScout... and IMO they are better than ever. Not because their evaluations are better, but because they no longer pretend that they can differentiate prospects as finely as other services seemingly pretend that they can. Here's a sample...

    image.thumb.png.ef3471dd6de2eb3926405c470e26697a.png

    While they still "rank" prospects... it's kind of a requirement when you create a list... they've now "Tiered" them as well. And rather than assigning them a round they bracket an appropriate range. DraftScout is not up front with their methodology, but it appears to be a compilation of many scouting sources... not dissimilar to fivethirtyeight's compilation of poll data. What DraftSCout does not do... at least in the free info available from them... is provide summary write ups. So you have to dig for info and/or look at tape to learn more.

    Otherwise I get ideas from the various Draft sims I mess with... mostly out of desperation when I get into the later rounds and don't recognize many names. Some of the sims such as DraftNetwork's have fairly extensive, easily accessible player evals... often multiple ones. How "expert" are they? I don't know and I don't care, because I don't parrot them.

    From there it's a matter of how you choose to use the work of all the above... from final stop to springboard. As can be told by my take on this OT class I tend towards the latter.

    image.thumb.png.a138335e6f6cd3ae1e0a73dcd5c213cf.png

    What I see here is that these services more or less placed  Tristan Wirf at the top of the rankings..... and that given the choice of whom to take, Wirfs would seem to be the guy....yet when I chose him for the Browns, you more or less disparaged that choice.   Curioser and curioser Alice.