Skip to content

The 'Who you watching?' 2020 thread.

The Browns Board
552 41 17.0k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Why are you are posting in a thread entitled, "Who are you watching?"

    That would have cut this thread's page count by about a third...

    Why does a drug addict continue to do drugs? 

    Because they just can't help themselves. THEY HAVE TO DO IT. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Why does a drug addict continue to do drugs? 

    Because they just can't help themselves. THEY HAVE TO DO IT. 

    Is that self introspection?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    In preparation for the possibility of Andrew Thomas being gone before 10, I really wanted to take a (much) longer look at Josh Jones.   And my 2nd viewing ended up being way more favorable than the initial one.    Who said 1st impressions are the most important...?

    The So Good

    - Good pad level and knee bend while not being overly slumped at the waist.

    - Back flat and head up at the snap

    - Hand placement and control when hitting a chip or combo block then moving to the 2nd level.   Much like Peart from UConn, he pretty routinely hit his mark when he got to LB's.

    - Good eyes picking up delayed pressures on slide protects

    - Quick pivot off lead foot and hip flexibility coming out of pulls.  Lateral movement doesn't appear to be much of an issue.

    - Solid lock out on arms once he gets his hands on would-be rushers

    - Lateral movement passing off and picking up rushers on stunts looks clean

    - Heavy hands and strikes in run blocking, tends to "lean into" the hit at times.  But on the flip side, he doesn't lower his eyes.  There's a lot to be said about seeing what you're hitting.

    The Not So Great.

    - 2pt stance is a bit narrow at times.  Not dangerously narrow at the college level, but it will really be necessary to have coaches work that out of him.  Narrow base made him a bit more susceptible to a bull rush but he recovered from good lower strength more often than not.  But he has some "pigeon toed" work to his stance that needs corrected. 

    - Kick step is... not ideal.  Sometimes he drops his lead foot back and ends up taking a few back steps before an actual "kick" technique can be seen.  

    - A few times he seemed to be confused by his assignment when he didn't have chip help.  Film room and position coach will have a baseline on where to start his mental development as well. 

    - First punch against edge in pass pro isn't devastating but seems to work decent enough.  He can see it with his eyes up, I would just like to see a heavier contact until the footwork can be cleaned up.

     - Not sure about his wingspan, haven't double checked the numbers.  Doesn't look ridiculous, despite the fact he redirects edge rushers outside and far enough up field away from QB. So arm length might be an issue at some point?    Though that is just more of a gut feeling than anything.

    - Some pretty nasty wiffs on cut blocks

    I came away not feeling overwhelmed and I still  prefer Andrew Thomas.  But I do see a viable prospect with upside who won't be experiencing an even steeper learning curve by being drafted as a RT only to have to flip to the opposite side while getting adjusted to NFL speed.    I don't suppose I would hate the pick at 10, but if there's a trade down paired with him not being off the board at the next pick - I would feel more comfortable with that.

    edit:  Just consulted with @tour2ma's  OL combine measurement thread...  my eyes are still pretty sharp.    JJ checks in on the smaller side of arm length and total wingspan.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Unpopular opinion after a little late night comparison session.

    - I would take Okie's Gallimore to be a nose in the defense I would build before I would take South Carolina's Kinlaw.

    Especially unpopular with certain grading sites.

  • Unpopular opinion after a little late night comparison session.

    - I would take Okie's Gallimore to be a nose in the defense I would build before I would take South Carolina's Kinlaw.

    Especially unpopular with certain grading sites.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Unpopular opinion after a little late night comparison session.

    - I would take Okie's Gallimore to be a nose in the defense I would build before I would take South Carolina's Kinlaw.

    Especially unpopular with certain grading sites.

    Some have him rated as 2d round.    Could be value pick if he were to drop to #41.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Unpopular opinion after a little late night comparison session.

    - I would take Okie's Gallimore to be a nose in the defense I would build before I would take South Carolina's Kinlaw.

    Especially unpopular with certain grading sites.

    Some have him rated as 2d round.    Could be value pick if he were to drop to #41.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @the-gipper said:

    Some have him rated as 2d round.    Could be value pick if he were to drop to #41.

    That's still high to take a position we have currently played by Jobi and Billings (to an extent)

    The kid is good and I'd love to have him, but we have bigger needs elsewhere.

    Oh, and, we might have to start talking about Geno Stone.

    edit:  @calfoxwc    Might want to watch the above clip when you get a chance.  You're one of the more vocal people on this board about finding "football players" first and foremost.    Stone might be the embodiment of  that phrase.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    I’m not trying to be an OSU homer but I’m running the pick up if Davon Hamilton is available to us in the 3rd round.  I watched the Senior Bowl yesterday.  He was getting great penetration.  By expert accounts he had a great week there too.  I’m not basing it all on the Sr. Bowl he anchored the interior very well for OSU and did well in the few opportunities he had.

     I think he was very solid last year but invisible at times with Chase Young.  I had him as a good run stuffer, but I think he’s got some potential getting some interior pass rush as well.

    we are talking about guys in the 1st and 2nd this is one of those sleeper 3rd rounders 

  • I’m not trying to be an OSU homer but I’m running the pick up if Davon Hamilton is available to us in the 3rd round.  I watched the Senior Bowl yesterday.  He was getting great penetration.  By expert accounts he had a great week there too.  I’m not basing it all on the Sr. Bowl he anchored the interior very well for OSU and did well in the few opportunities he had.

     I think he was very solid last year but invisible at times with Chase Young.  I had him as a good run stuffer, but I think he’s got some potential getting some interior pass rush as well.

    we are talking about guys in the 1st and 2nd this is one of those sleeper 3rd rounders 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not trying to be an OSU homer but I’m running the pick up if Davon Hamilton is available to us in the 3rd round.  I watched the Senior Bowl yesterday.  He was getting great penetration.  By expert accounts he had a great week there too.  I’m not basing it all on the Sr. Bowl he anchored the interior very well for OSU and did well in the few opportunities he had.

     I think he was very solid last year but invisible at times with Chase Young.  I had him as a good run stuffer, but I think he’s got some potential getting some interior pass rush as well.

    we are talking about guys in the 1st and 2nd this is one of those sleeper 3rd rounders 

    That's the nice thing about hammy, he might fall to late 3rd and beyond. Probably 4th.

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    Sports show to sports show are now all saying (with tongue in cheek) "Browns are not trying to trade OBJ" but then are offering the caveat that they probably were but since they can't get that 1st round pick, they are changing the dialog in case OBJ remains on the team. OBJ is doing the same. Really, what other choice do they have? 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not trying to be an OSU homer but I’m running the pick up if Davon Hamilton is available to us in the 3rd round.  I watched the Senior Bowl yesterday.  He was getting great penetration.  By expert accounts he had a great week there too.  I’m not basing it all on the Sr. Bowl he anchored the interior very well for OSU and did well in the few opportunities he had.

     I think he was very solid last year but invisible at times with Chase Young.  I had him as a good run stuffer, but I think he’s got some potential getting some interior pass rush as well.

    we are talking about guys in the 1st and 2nd this is one of those sleeper 3rd rounders 

    That's the nice thing about hammy, he might fall to late 3rd and beyond. Probably 4th.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    That's the nice thing about hammy, he might fall to late 3rd and beyond. Probably 4th.

    I’m not seeing 4th round.  He put together a nice Combine and all star game.  And He Had some good tape in 18 and 19.

    ill be shocked if he’s Day 3. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That's the nice thing about hammy, he might fall to late 3rd and beyond. Probably 4th.

    I’m not seeing 4th round.  He put together a nice Combine and all star game.  And He Had some good tape in 18 and 19.

    ill be shocked if he’s Day 3. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not seeing 4th round.  He put together a nice Combine and all star game.  And He Had some good tape in 18 and 19.

    ill be shocked if he’s Day 3. 

    That's the beauty of dline.  It's an unsexy pick, so the workman like of the group go unnoticed.  Especially if there are position runs that start in the 3rd round like RB and TE.

    @icecube said:

    Sports show to sports show are now all saying (with tongue in cheek) "Browns are not trying to trade OBJ" but then are offering the caveat that they probably were but since they can't get that 1st round pick, they are changing the dialog in case OBJ remains on the team. OBJ is doing the same. Really, what other choice do they have? 

    Stay the fuck out of my thread with your bullshit.  Even if it is an accidental post.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    How far do I have to get into the Geno Stone vid before I see a highlight? 😉

    Kid's too slow for the pros, tia...

  • Sports show to sports show are now all saying (with tongue in cheek) "Browns are not trying to trade OBJ" but then are offering the caveat that they probably were but since they can't get that 1st round pick, they are changing the dialog in case OBJ remains on the team. OBJ is doing the same. Really, what other choice do they have? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Sports show to sports show are now all saying (with tongue in cheek) "Browns are not trying to trade OBJ" but then are offering the caveat that they probably were but since they can't get that 1st round pick, they are changing the dialog in case OBJ remains on the team. OBJ is doing the same. Really, what other choice do they have? 

    Don't pollute this thread with all your  effluvia. 

  • How far do I have to get into the Geno Stone vid before I see a highlight? 😉

    Kid's too slow for the pros, tia...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    How far do I have to get into the Geno Stone vid before I see a highlight? 😉

    Kid's too slow for the pros, tia...

    It isn't so much the "highlight plays".  He's athletically limited but mentally you see split safety tools.  Late (late) round may be udfa type tools, but the kid might earn a spot somewhere. 

    I just appreciate the blue collar player every so often.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    About Devon Hamilton (oops, fixed) - I think I drafted him in the sixth round in my stupid mock. He isn't overlooked anymore, he'll go earlier.

    About Geno Stone - the kid seems like he's very, very football smart. If it were me, I could draft this kid in the seventh, or sign him as a UDFA, and he might turn out to be a big player on special teams. He's a rough tough safety - he actually has a higher grade as a safety as Joe Schobert did as a lb. He's smallish - 5'10", 207 lbs.

    And Joe Schobert made All-pro on guts, smarts and a love for the game. Great instincts.

       I could guess special teams for Stone, because he is a football player, like Tiam mentioned. I suppose if I were deciding - this kid might surprise a lot of people in the end zone -

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/geno-stone?id=32195354-4f39-6630-4d73-2328fd2eb451

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/joe-schobert?id=2555166

    I mean - Tyrann Mathieu (of "honey badger" fame), was only 5'9", 190 lbs....he ran a 4.5x, and was a cb. Now listed as a safety.

    Stone ran a 4.62? Sure, slow for a safety.... but I think he might end up as a role player - and special teams ace - found toward the end of the draft, or afterwards. Me, I wouldn't overlook the kid entirely. Let's put it this way - there is all sorts of kids with a whole lot more going for them physically, and some don't care about the game and don't make it, even drafted high.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Spoken like true Buckeyes fans ?.... Ya get Malik or ya get Hammy!! now which one is it? ?... M A L I K for me! they are both ranked in the 60's 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    Tanner Muse kind of the same overachiever type as a guy like Stone- probably has more upside as a special teams player too with his speed and length.

    Muse seems to have the skill set and measurables to cover TEs in the league too 

  • Spoken like true Buckeyes fans ?.... Ya get Malik or ya get Hammy!! now which one is it? ?... M A L I K for me! they are both ranked in the 60's 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Spoken like true Buckeyes fans ?.... Ya get Malik or ya get Hammy!! now which one is it? ?... M A L I K for me! they are both ranked in the 60's 

    Malik for me....a greater position of need.  (I took him for the Browns in round 3 of our mock, if you recall).    But I have seen some ratings that put him higher. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not seeing 4th round.  He put together a nice Combine and all star game.  And He Had some good tape in 18 and 19.

    ill be shocked if he’s Day 3. 

    That's the beauty of dline.  It's an unsexy pick, so the workman like of the group go unnoticed.  Especially if there are position runs that start in the 3rd round like RB and TE.

    @icecube said:

    Sports show to sports show are now all saying (with tongue in cheek) "Browns are not trying to trade OBJ" but then are offering the caveat that they probably were but since they can't get that 1st round pick, they are changing the dialog in case OBJ remains on the team. OBJ is doing the same. Really, what other choice do they have? 

    Stay the fuck out of my thread with your bullshit.  Even if it is an accidental post.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Stay the fuck out of my thread with your bullshit.  Even if it is an accidental post.

    That's Hall of Fame material... 

  • I'm fortunate enough to have some friends who put the time in to be the helpful kind of geeks.    I was getting tired of using my work laptop for all manner of things and, couple that with giving my xbox to my nephew, threw a few of my tax return dollars at them to build me a new computer.      Love it, especially how seamless it is going between both monitors.  If you have the ability or friends with the ability to help you out in such a way - big thumbs up from me.     Now I just need to find a game to play.

    Anywho, they introduced me to discord - VOIP app.    It's what they use to talk while playing.  Also using it to chat with friends in a room when watching film.         Yours truly is online this morning and I'll be starting on my film journey with Andrew Thomas (OT) and possibly mix in some Kyle Dugger (S) to break up the monotony.     Should anyone want to setup a, I believe the kids call it - "watch party"....?     

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Now I just need to find a game to play.

    Anywho, they introduced me to discord - VOIP app.    It's what they use to talk while playing. 

    Me and my friends are hooked up to Age of Empires II. Using Discord now (after using Hangouts and Teamspeak for some weeks). 

    We play old Conquerors in HD (with no expansions) and I have Definitive Edition and I spend some time on it by myself. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Now I just need to find a game to play.

    Anywho, they introduced me to discord - VOIP app.    It's what they use to talk while playing. 

    Me and my friends are hooked up to Age of Empires II. Using Discord now (after using Hangouts and Teamspeak for some weeks). 

    We play old Conquerors in HD (with no expansions) and I have Definitive Edition and I spend some time on it by myself. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Me and my friends are hooked up to Age of Empires II. Using Discord now (after using Hangouts and Teamspeak for some weeks). 

    We play old Conquerors in HD (with no expansions) and I have Definitive Edition and I spend some time on it by myself. 

    You've reached the limits of my neediness there, friend.

    I've got Madden...?  Had Battlefield.   So there's that.