Skip to content

HC/GM/Position Coach tracker

The Browns Board
511 45 19.2k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    For those thinking MM might end up in Dallas? ya May want to click on Dallas & see a new Name...Mike Zimmer..with Stefanski maybe staying put at Vikings to HC

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    Why would they not get McDaniels, if that is what Haslam really wants.  Sure, he could say "I'm staying right here"   and wait out the BB retirement.

    But remember the fresh scenario I proposed  (which I made up, but which would be cute):   Pats lose this game.  Kraft says:  I think it is time to cut loose from the last 2 decades.....he asks Bill to step aside, he asks TB to step aside.   They give that job to McD.  

    That would be a story, now wouldn't it?      (Snowballs chance in hell?)

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    Oh geeezzz, do they still have Urban's phone number?  

    Who knows maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised when it's over.  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh geeezzz, do they still have Urban's phone number?  

    Who knows maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised when it's over.  😆

    Probably....but then we would be looking at Saleh or Bienemy....not Urban.

  • @gumby73 said:

    For those thinking MM might end up in Dallas? ya May want to click on Dallas & see a new Name...Mike Zimmer..with Stefanski maybe staying put at Vikings to HC

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    who's your last gasp? Roman?... I kinda prefer Saleh..way over McDaniels... my hope was Saleh could get Kubiak to run the offense? Kubiak gave Saleh his real start back at Houston..If Zimmer goes? Kub may not get out either..  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Possible.

    My Browns head coach prediction? 

    Haslams want McDaniels, DePodesta wants Stefanski, McCarthy is their fall-back.

    They get none of the three. 

    who's your last gasp? Roman?... I kinda prefer Saleh..way over McDaniels... my hope was Saleh could get Kubiak to run the offense? Kubiak gave Saleh his real start back at Houston..If Zimmer goes? Kub may not get out either..  

    @gumby73 said:

    who's your last gasp? Roman?... I kinda prefer Saleh..way over McDaniels... my hope was Saleh could get Kubiak to run the offense? Kubiak gave Saleh his real start back at Houston..If Zimmer goes? Kub may not get out either..  

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

  • @gumby73 said:

    who's your last gasp? Roman?... I kinda prefer Saleh..way over McDaniels... my hope was Saleh could get Kubiak to run the offense? Kubiak gave Saleh his real start back at Houston..If Zimmer goes? Kub may not get out either..  

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

    @7moses7 said:

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

    Mo Carthon named OC, Ray Horton named DC. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

    @7moses7 said:

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

    on Allen not on Daboll

  • @7moses7 said:

    Hell no!!!!  Bills total meltdown 2nd half of that game 

    on Allen not on Daboll

    @gumby73 said:

    on Allen not on Daboll

    Play calling was terrible 

  • @gumby73 said:

    on Allen not on Daboll

    Play calling was terrible 

    @7moses7 said:

    Play calling was terrible 

    in your opinion..Daboll has 2 seasons with Allen..Was his 1st season better than his 2nd? imo, Daboll qualifies for 1 problem 

  • @gumby73 said:

    who's your last gasp? Roman?... I kinda prefer Saleh..way over McDaniels... my hope was Saleh could get Kubiak to run the offense? Kubiak gave Saleh his real start back at Houston..If Zimmer goes? Kub may not get out either..  

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    "Dee and I are thrilled to introduce the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Brian Daboll!" ?

    That would be oh so typical of them. 

  • BTW...Does our perfect media take weekends off? I got no confirmation from anywhere we actually did interview Saleh today? with Pilot J gas..(fart) we were to fly CLVE to SF/SF to Buff. to meet Daboll Sunday

  • BTW...Does our perfect media take weekends off? I got no confirmation from anywhere we actually did interview Saleh today? with Pilot J gas..(fart) we were to fly CLVE to SF/SF to Buff. to meet Daboll Sunday

    @gumby73 said:

    BTW...Does our perfect media take weekends off? I got no confirmation from anywhere we actually did interview Saleh today? with Pilot J gas..(fart) we were to fly CLVE to SF/SF to Buff. to meet Daboll Sunday

    Right on top of Cleveland.com is an article from Mary Kay Cabot from 5 hours ago confirming this interview. 

  • Outstanding work by my unpaid asst. coach The Dutch'er..  would ya like the blonde behind door #1 #2 or #3? she's made up too  edit-updating confirmed

  • So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th. 

  • So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th. 

    Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th. 

    Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.

    @mddawg said:

    Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.

    Why not like  Monday?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th. 

    Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.

    @mddawg said:

    Best possible outcome for Browns fans,

    ...if ya like the idea of McDanials as HC / Czar.    

    It DOES clear the way to see if McDaniels will BE the next coach....so there's no waiting around and perhaps missing out on their 2nd choice.

  • Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed

    #1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy   *HIRED- Dallas*

    #2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman lost to Titans as #1 seed 1-11-20  

    #3.Eric Bieniemy  (KC OC)  https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy        

    #4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh Won vs. Wildcard Vikings 1-11-20

    #5. Ryan Daboll (Bills OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-ryan-daboll  McCarthy hired in Dallas same day interviewed Daboll (1-6-20)

    #6. Jim Schwartz (Philly DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-jim-schwartz  1 day before interview, Rhule to Panthers/ NYG hire J.Judge

    #7. Kevin Stefanski (OC Vikings) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-kevin-stefanski Lost at San Fran as Wildcard 1-11-20  *BROWNS HIRE* 1-12-20

    #8. Josh McDaniels (OC Patriots) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-josh-mcdaniels Interviewed 7 hrs. with no deal 1-10-20            

     Stefanski later in week, won wildcard game, on to 9'ers Saturday..day pending(Thursday 1-9-20 in Minn.) ..

    Josh McDaniel's. loss to Titans Sunday. confirmed for this Friday(as of 1-6-20)>>Friday 1-10-20..Pats. Exit meetings till Weds..was to interview at Panthers Weds 1-8-20..was to interview at NYG Thursday 1-9-20..interviewed at nether due to both teams hiring coaches Tuesday 1-7-20 

    GM interviews start on 1-17-20..   

    #1.Philly's Andrew Berry & #2) Patriots Monti Ossenfort interviewed on a Friday..(neither hired as of 1-19-20)

    #3.George Paton (Asst.GM Vikings) interviewed in Minnesota Sunday 1-19-20// a 2nd interview in Cleveland Wednesday

    1-22-20.. Edit: George Paton removes himself as a GM candidate on Friday 1-24-20 ?..

    Berry a day before interview announces he is also a candidate for Panthers GM job.

    **#1 Hired..on 1-28-20 Andrew Berry inks 5 year deal as VP of football Operations & GM** Berry's first day on the job brings a hiring of a FB off Vikings IR release list.

    Berry's 2nd day on job, brings Eliot Wolf/asst gm & Alonzo Highsmith/VP PP & head of College Scouting to their jobs endings..All parties claim to disagree with the future analynic path..3 of the parties agree on Stepping Down..   

    COACHING STAFF HIRES

    #1) Chad O'Shea.. Former Dolphins OC becomes Browns WR Coach on 1-19-20

    1-22-20 Stefanski announces he will retain 3 coaches from previous staff

    #2) Mike Priefer ST #3) ST Asst.-Doug Colman

    #4) RB's- Stump Mitchell

    #5. 1 year Former Vikings WR coach Drew Petzing becomes Browns TE Coach ? (browns intern 2013..At Vikings, held 4 different coaching positions in 4 years)

    @gumby73 said:

    Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed

    #1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy   

    #2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman   

    #3.Eric Bieniemy  (KC OC)  https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy        

    #4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh   

     Daboll Sunday//Stefanski later in week, pend game results..Josh McDaniels loses to Tenn 1-4-20 (projected was 1-10-20)* may move?

    bump..^^ here we sit updated through Saturday AFC Wildcard games.. Stefanski team plays Sunday..McDaniels^^ as of the moment & will update... Good Night Cheat-ha Nation!!

  • Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache?      None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that.  (I love that non-word - thunk)

  • Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache?      None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that.  (I love that non-word - thunk)

    @orion said:

    Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache?      None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that.  (I love that non-word - thunk)

    I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis.   There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run.     Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run.  (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD.   If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won.  But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)