HC/GM/Position Coach tracker
-
BTW...Does our perfect media take weekends off? I got no confirmation from anywhere we actually did interview Saleh today? with Pilot J gas..(fart) we were to fly CLVE to SF/SF to Buff. to meet Daboll Sunday
BTW...Does our perfect media take weekends off? I got no confirmation from anywhere we actually did interview Saleh today? with Pilot J gas..(fart) we were to fly CLVE to SF/SF to Buff. to meet Daboll Sunday
Right on top of Cleveland.com is an article from Mary Kay Cabot from 5 hours ago confirming this interview.
-
So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th.
-
So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th.
So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th.
Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.
-
So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th.
Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.
-
So... I wonder if McDaniels interview will be moved up? Supposed to be Friday, Jan 10th.
Best possible outcome for Browns fans, we can finalize the interview process make a decision and target assistants instead of waiting a few more weeks.
-
Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed
#1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy *HIRED- Dallas*
#2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman lost to Titans as #1 seed 1-11-20
#3.Eric Bieniemy (KC OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy
#4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh Won vs. Wildcard Vikings 1-11-20
#5. Ryan Daboll (Bills OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-ryan-daboll McCarthy hired in Dallas same day interviewed Daboll (1-6-20)
#6. Jim Schwartz (Philly DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-jim-schwartz 1 day before interview, Rhule to Panthers/ NYG hire J.Judge
#7. Kevin Stefanski (OC Vikings) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-kevin-stefanski Lost at San Fran as Wildcard 1-11-20 *BROWNS HIRE* 1-12-20
#8. Josh McDaniels (OC Patriots) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-josh-mcdaniels Interviewed 7 hrs. with no deal 1-10-20
Stefanski later in week, won wildcard game, on to 9'ers Saturday..day pending(Thursday 1-9-20 in Minn.) ..
Josh McDaniel's. loss to Titans Sunday. confirmed for this Friday(as of 1-6-20)>>Friday 1-10-20..Pats. Exit meetings till Weds..was to interview at Panthers Weds 1-8-20..was to interview at NYG Thursday 1-9-20..interviewed at nether due to both teams hiring coaches Tuesday 1-7-20
GM interviews start on 1-17-20..
#1.Philly's Andrew Berry & #2) Patriots Monti Ossenfort interviewed on a Friday..(neither hired as of 1-19-20)
#3.George Paton (Asst.GM Vikings) interviewed in Minnesota Sunday 1-19-20// a 2nd interview in Cleveland Wednesday
1-22-20.. Edit: George Paton removes himself as a GM candidate on Friday 1-24-20 ?..
Berry a day before interview announces he is also a candidate for Panthers GM job.
**#1 Hired..on 1-28-20 Andrew Berry inks 5 year deal as VP of football Operations & GM** Berry's first day on the job brings a hiring of a FB off Vikings IR release list.
Berry's 2nd day on job, brings Eliot Wolf/asst gm & Alonzo Highsmith/VP PP & head of College Scouting to their jobs endings..All parties claim to disagree with the future analynic path..3 of the parties agree on Stepping Down..
COACHING STAFF HIRES
#1) Chad O'Shea.. Former Dolphins OC becomes Browns WR Coach on 1-19-20
1-22-20 Stefanski announces he will retain 3 coaches from previous staff
#2) Mike Priefer ST #3) ST Asst.-Doug Colman
#4) RB's- Stump Mitchell
#5. 1 year Former Vikings WR coach Drew Petzing becomes Browns TE Coach ? (browns intern 2013..At Vikings, held 4 different coaching positions in 4 years)
Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed
#1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy
#2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman
#3.Eric Bieniemy (KC OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy
#4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh
Daboll Sunday//Stefanski later in week, pend game results..Josh McDaniels loses to Tenn 1-4-20 (projected was 1-10-20)* may move?
bump..^^ here we sit updated through Saturday AFC Wildcard games.. Stefanski team plays Sunday..McDaniels^^ as of the moment & will update... Good Night Cheat-ha Nation!!
-
Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache? None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that. (I love that non-word - thunk)
Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache? None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that. (I love that non-word - thunk)
I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis. There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run. Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run. (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD. If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won. But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)
-
Gip, please don't remind me of Northcutt's drop of a perfect 1st down, playoff game winning, pass....against, of all teams, the Steelers. Now I'm going to bed pissed off again.
-
Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache? None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that. (I love that non-word - thunk)
I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis. There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run. Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run. (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD. If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won. But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)
I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis. There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run. Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run. (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD. If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won. But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)
It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?
-
Gip, please don't remind me of Northcutt's drop of a perfect 1st down, playoff game winning, pass....against, of all teams, the Steelers. Now I'm going to bed pissed off again.
Gip, please don't remind me of Northcutt's drop of a perfect 1st down, playoff game winning, pass....against, of all teams, the Steelers. Now I'm going to bed pissed off again.
Sorry man. I am just pointing out that on that potential game winning drive, if the Browns could have run the ball down the Steelers throats they would not have had to have attempted that pass that got dropped.
Who were our RBs in that game? I don't think we had Jamal Lewis yet....nor William Green...unless that was his rookie year. Don't recally.
-
I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis. There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run. Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run. (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD. If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won. But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)
It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?
It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?
Jan. 5 – Heinz Field Jan. 11 – The Coliseum 6 Cleveland 33 3 Pittsburgh 31 3 Pittsburgh 36 Jan. 19 – Network Associates Coliseum 2 Tennessee 34* AFC Jan. 4 – Giants Stadium 2 Tennessee 24 Jan. 12 – Network Associates Coliseum 1 Oakland 41 5 Indianapolis 0 AFC Championship 4 NY Jets 10 4 NY Jets 41 Jan. 26 – Qualcomm Stadium 1 Oakland 30 Wild card playoffs Divisional playoffs Jan. 5 – Candlestick Park A1 Oakland 21 Jan. 12 – Raymond James Stadium N2 Tampa Bay 48 5 NY Giants 38 Super Bowl XXXVII 4 San Francisco 6 4 San Francisco 39 Jan. 19 – Veterans Stadium 2 Tampa Bay 31 NFC Jan. 4 – Lambeau Field 2 Tampa Bay 27 Jan. 11 – Veterans Stadium 1 Philadelphia 10 6 Atlanta 27 NFC Championship 6 Atlanta 6 3 Green Bay 7 1 Philadelphia 20 They would have played the Raiders. #1 seed.
-
-
Muffcutt too but not to be mistaken with you know
the man muffed a few punts in his day too
He sure did!!
-
...if ya like the idea of McDanials as HC / Czar.
It DOES clear the way to see if McDaniels will BE the next coach....so there's no waiting around and perhaps missing out on their 2nd choice.
No, I didn't mean that. Once Stefanski and McDaniels are interviewed this week, the interviews will be completed and a decision made. I'm not too keen on McDaniels as I've said before the owners just need to find a winning coach. On paper a lot of people thought Hue was the best candidate at the time, Kitchens was a risk but made sense from a continuity standpoint for Baker and we see how both turned out. The Browns is the Haslam's toy let them figure it out.
-
I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis. There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run. Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run. (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD. If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won. But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)
It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?
It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?
Looks like the Raiders... as we would have been lower seed than NYJ who ended up going to OAK.
-
...if ya like the idea of McDanials as HC / Czar.
It DOES clear the way to see if McDaniels will BE the next coach....so there's no waiting around and perhaps missing out on their 2nd choice.
No, I didn't mean that. Once Stefanski and McDaniels are interviewed this week, the interviews will be completed and a decision made. I'm not too keen on McDaniels as I've said before the owners just need to find a winning coach. On paper a lot of people thought Hue was the best candidate at the time, Kitchens was a risk but made sense from a continuity standpoint for Baker and we see how both turned out. The Browns is the Haslam's toy let them figure it out.
No, I didn't mean that. Once Stefanski and McDaniels are interviewed this week, the interviews will be completed and a decision made. I'm not too keen on McDaniels as I've said before the owners just need to find a winning coach. On paper a lot of people thought Hue was the best candidate at the time, Kitchens was a risk but made sense from a continuity standpoint for Baker and we see how both turned out. The Browns is the Haslam's toy let them figure it out.
The decision will be Stephanski. His bio compared to McDaniels is a no-brainer. I hate to see the Vikings win again, but so be it.
And, I'd hope Kris Richard ends up on the staff. DC ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login