Skip to content

HC/GM/Position Coach tracker

The Browns Board
511 45 19.2k 1
  • Bill Callahan has officially been named Browns' OL Coach. I always wait (& sometimes worry) until it comes from the Browns. Great hire.

    Mike

  • Bill Callahan has officially been named Browns' OL Coach. I always wait (& sometimes worry) until it comes from the Browns. Great hire.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Bill Callahan has officially been named Browns' OL Coach. I always wait (& sometimes worry) until it comes from the Browns. Great hire.

    Mike

    SUPER BOWL

  • Bill Callahan has officially been named Browns' OL Coach. I always wait (& sometimes worry) until it comes from the Browns. Great hire.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Bill Callahan has officially been named Browns' OL Coach. I always wait (& sometimes worry) until it comes from the Browns. Great hire.

    Mike

    Mark O really mistimed his exit. 🙂

    Could not agree more. Not only a great OL Coach, but also a real vet Coach that can help everyone on our young staff from our 1st-time HC on down...

  • Hired a new “Chief of Staff” 

    Callie Brownson 

    First woman to have that role in the NFL

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/31/browns-name-callie-brownson-as-chief-of-staff-for-kevin-stefanski/amp/

  • 11 AM today is Andrew Berry's Presser. Should be found on CB.com? Per Tom Pelissero tweet at 6am, Joe Woods is in Cleveland to interview for Defensive Cord. job today..

    And should be the reason Browns want to hire this former Buckeye LB coach..  https://si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-cleveland-browns-to-hire-fred-pagac-to-coach-linebackers    

    Update after the smoke clears..

  •  

    Confirming Joe Woods has agreed to terms to be #Browns DC. Official announcement likely tomorrow

    ----------------

    This poor guy's gotta hit the ground runnin'.  He's gotta pull together his staff, watch film on the players he's gonna coach, figure out where he needs upgrades,  watch draft player's film  and put together a playbook.

  • So, we've got, so far:

    GM Andrew Berry

    HC Kevin Stefanski

    OC Alex Van Pelt

    DC Joe Woods

    ST Mike Priefer (retained)

    OL Bill Callahan

    WR Chad O'Shea  (passing game)

    RB Stump Mitchell (running game, retained)

    DL Chris Kiffin

    .....who am I missing, aside from Chief of Staff and assistants? 

  • So, we've got, so far:

    GM Andrew Berry

    HC Kevin Stefanski

    OC Alex Van Pelt

    DC Joe Woods

    ST Mike Priefer (retained)

    OL Bill Callahan

    WR Chad O'Shea  (passing game)

    RB Stump Mitchell (running game, retained)

    DL Chris Kiffin

    .....who am I missing, aside from Chief of Staff and assistants? 

    @orion said:

    So, we've got, so far:

    GM Andrew Berry

    HC Kevin Stefanski

    OC Alex Van Pelt

    DC Joe Woods

    ST Mike Priefer (retained)

    OL Bill Callahan

    WR Chad O'Shea  (passing game)

    RB Stump Mitchell (running game, retained)

    .....who am I missing, aside from Chief of Staff and assistants? 

    ****************************************************

     LB  Fred Pagnac

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/05/report-browns-to-hire-fred-pagac-as-new-lbs-coach/

  • I don't think  is reporting that the LB coach has been hired.  Just 'To Be' hired.    And I would think that the DC would have some say....since the HC is an offensive type guy.

  • I don't think  is reporting that the LB coach has been hired.  Just 'To Be' hired.    And I would think that the DC would have some say....since the HC is an offensive type guy.

    @orion said:

    I don't think  is reporting that the LB coach has been hired.  Just 'To Be' hired.    And I would think that the DC would have some say....since the HC is an offensive type guy.

    well, true, but I would think that's close enough. We'll see - not official yet.

  • Feeling fairly safe to exhale, after Nfl.com reported last night, that Joe Woods will be announced sometime today as Browns DC ?... Woods should fill in the missing D-line & Lb'er coaching positions at his choice.. Pagac-Stef & Woods have all worked together under Brad Childress at Vikings.. 

    One last coaching spot will still remain... the ever important "QB Coach"..  and i don't feel Josh McCown yet throwing his name into that ring yet?

    stay tuned..

  • Feeling fairly safe to exhale, after Nfl.com reported last night, that Joe Woods will be announced sometime today as Browns DC ?... Woods should fill in the missing D-line & Lb'er coaching positions at his choice.. Pagac-Stef & Woods have all worked together under Brad Childress at Vikings.. 

    One last coaching spot will still remain... the ever important "QB Coach"..  and i don't feel Josh McCown yet throwing his name into that ring yet?

    stay tuned..

    @gumby73 said:

    .......One last coaching spot will still remain... the ever important "QB Coach"..  and i don't feel Josh McCown yet throwing his name into that ring yet?

    stay tuned..

    Well Josh does have the road miles and the bumps and bruises that go along with it.  I wonder if he'd be a good pick as "the QB guy".

  • The knock Talib had on Woods as a DC was taking the volume of calls and exotic looks the Broncos would pride themselves on, and cutting that call sheet in half.  

    Indicative of a young DC worried about letting his players possibly get beat and being a poor reflection on him.,  I'm hoping, between player development and growth as a coach, he learns to trust his athletes and balance aggression with patience.

    I'll be cautiously optimistic about this one.

  • https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-e2-80-99-chris-kiffin-joining-joe-woods-as-browns-defensive-line-coach/ar-BBZLwPo

    49ers’ Chris Kiffin joining Joe Woods as Browns defensive line coach

    By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
    19 mins ago
    CLEVELAND, Ohio — Myles Garrett and the rest of the Browns’ defensive line will be coached this season by an assistant who helped tutor one of 2019 1/4 u2032s most dominant fronts in Chris Kiffin.

    Kiffin, the 49ers’ pass-rush specialist the past two seasons, is joining his fellow former 49ers assistant and new Browns defensive coordinator Joe Woods as Browns defensive line coach, a league source confirmed. Alex Marvel of SiriusXMNFL radio first reported it.

    Kiffin helped lead a formidable 49ers defensive front that tied for fifth in the NFL with the Vikings with 48 sacks, including 10 by Arik Armstead and nine by Nick Bosa, the No. 2 overall pick in 2019 out of Ohio State. The attack-minded defense, with Woods as defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator, helped the 49ers reach the Super Bowl, where they lost 31-20 to the Chiefs.

    Along the way, the sacked Kirk Cousins six times in the divisional round and Aaron Rodgers three times in the NFC Championship Game.

    Kiffin takes over a defensive line that features Garrett, who had 10 sacks in 10 games last season before being suspended for striking Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph with the QB’s own helmet. The Browns expect Garrett to be re-instated for the start of the 2020 season. The Browns also have defensive end Olivier Vernon coming off a knee injury that cost him most of 2019 1/4 u2032s second half, and tackles Sheldon Richardson and Larry Ogunjobi.

    The Browns previously hired Jeff Howard as defensive backs coach, and still have several defensive openings to fill.

    Kiffin joined the 49ers in 2018 after serving as co-defensive coordinator at Florida Atlantic University under his brother, Lane Kiffin, the year before.

    In 2018, the 49ers defense registered 37 sacks, the most by the team in a single-season since 2013. Under Kiffin’s guidance, DL DeForest Buckner was selected to his first Pro Bowl after registering a career-high 12.0 sacks, the most by a 49er since 2012.

  • I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

  • I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

    We'll see, I think the fans will be less giddy than last year and more skeptical -but- I'll give them a shot.

    The true tests:. 1. a .500+ season.  2. playoffs.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

    We'll see, I think the fans will be less giddy than last year and more skeptical -but- I'll give them a shot.

    The true tests:. 1. a .500+ season.  2. playoffs.

    @mjp28 said:

    We'll see, I think the fans will be less giddy than last year and more skeptical -but- I'll give them a shot.

    The true tests:. 1. a .500+ season.  2. playoffs.

    I have often given them so much slack, even through 4 and 5 games into the regular season of losing a few...or three...

    only for them to perplunk. I think they need to start winning right out of the gate in regular season. That is what I expect.

  • I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm think this new Browns set of coaches is the smartest, most creative in a long time.

    TBD... but they are definitely the newest...