HC/GM/Position Coach tracker
-
Still in Play?:
Greg Roman
Robert Saleh
Josh McDaniel
Brian DaBoll
Urban Meyer (maybe)
Did I miss anyone?
And the answer to a question that was asked: Only McDaniel has been a HC in the NFL before.
-
Still in Play?:
Greg Roman
Robert Saleh
Josh McDaniel
Brian DaBoll
Urban Meyer (maybe)
Did I miss anyone?
And the answer to a question that was asked: Only McDaniel has been a HC in the NFL before.
Still in Play?:
Greg Roman
Robert Saleh
Josh McDaniel
Brian DaBoll
Urban Meyer (maybe)
Did I miss anyone?
And the answer to a question that was asked: Only McDaniel has been a HC in the NFL before.
Eric Bienimy and an unnamed CFL coach
-
Still in Play?:
Greg Roman
Robert Saleh
Josh McDaniel
Brian DaBoll
Urban Meyer (maybe)
Did I miss anyone?
And the answer to a question that was asked: Only McDaniel has been a HC in the NFL before.
Eric Bienimy and an unnamed CFL coach
-
Yea, forgot about Bienemy. And where have you heard about some unnamed CFL coach.....or are you just yanking our chain?
I read about a CFL coach yesterday. "They reached out" but apparently hasn't been offered an interview.
-
Don't they have a guy under contract now? What is Bruce Allen's title?
Washington's Bruce Allen's former title president/ GM he's fired.
-
OK, I have just heard about another candidate for Browns HC that may surface:
Recently released Cowboys HC Jason Garrett.
That it one I have to think about, but the TV commentator said that he would be good for Mayfield. Of course, he is a proven mediocre coach....who is used to having an owner domineer him. Haslam would in no way be as bad as Jones however in that regard. I wonder if he would thrive more once he is out from under the thumb of Jones.
And, by the way...he is a Cleveland guy as well. From 2d grade he lived in Hunting Valley, attended University School for high school, Princeton for college.
-
McDaniels, Meyer, or Garrett. All extremely experienced in their own unique ways.
This is quite the year to find a HC.I’ll pass on Stefanski after that Todd Haley style reverse pass to halt the momentum on a playoff drive yesterday against the Saints. Vikings were driving. 1st and 10=loss of 5 yards. Drive killer.
-
McDaniels, Meyer, or Garrett. All extremely experienced in their own unique ways.
This is quite the year to find a HC.I’ll pass on Stefanski after that Todd Haley style reverse pass to halt the momentum on a playoff drive yesterday against the Saints. Vikings were driving. 1st and 10=loss of 5 yards. Drive killer.
McDaniels, Meyer, or Garrett. All extremely experienced in their own unique ways.
This is quite the year to find a HC.I’ll pass on Stefanski after that Todd Haley style reverse pass to halt the momentum on a playoff drive yesterday against the Saints. Vikings were driving. 1st and 10=loss of 5 yards. Drive killer.
Was that a Todd Haley style play.....or a Freddie Kitchens style of play.
-
and I suppose the defense didn't have anything to do with the Patriots' superbowls?
not buyin it. McDaniels' lack of character stands out in his resume.
and I suppose the defense didn't have anything to do with the Patriots' superbowls?
not buyin it. McDaniels' lack of character stands out in his resume.
Cal I know you're big on character- I for one haven't forgotten your continual bashing of Josh Rosen for perceived character flaws. But in defense of McDaniels- Local Guy. FWIW, I don't have a dog in this fight, just pick the right guy for a change Jimmy.... That he flopped as a HC in Denver shouldn't factor into the equation. As Gipper pointed out plenty of fired first time flop head coaches went on to win Super Bowls. Yeah- Josh stiffing the Colts doesn't sit well with me either.
"PLAYING
McDaniels attended John Carroll University, where he played quarterback and wide receiver for the Blue Streaks from 1995-98. McDaniels was a college teammate of former NFL linebacker London Fletcher, Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski and director of pro personnel Dave Ziegler.
PERSONAL
A native of Canton, Ohio, McDaniels is the son of one of the most well-respected high school coaches in the country. Thom McDaniels was a finalist for the NFL High School Coach of the Year award in 2012, and Josh benefited from growing up in a football family."
-
As of 10AM- scratch McCarthy off the list.... Browns were apparently less than thrilled with the interview.....
And correct me if I'm wrong- McDaniels is the only serious candidate left out there with previous HC experience. I don't count Starvin' Marvin Lewis as a serious candidate.
PS- as Gipper mentioned, now that Garrett is out of a job- he has some Ohio connections. Wonder if the Browns will be interested in interviewing him?
-
McDaniels - HC
Wayde Phillips - DC
-
-
Well...Wade is only like 75 years old....plus, I think he has a job, no?
Wayde is a Free Agent as of a couple of hours ago.
-
At this point, I don't know who is the best candidate but if McCarthy is hired, then that means most of that staff is going away. Kris Richard was supposed to be a hot HC candidate last year but his defense with Marineli this year was average at best. However, he is a no-nonsense coach that players really like to play for. Maybe pair him up with McDaniels as the HC? Let's be honest, it's either McDaniels or Stefanski, right? I would be shocked if Saleh or even Roman gets the job. Stefanski's offense looked pretty craptastic yesterday and Roman only succeeds when he has an ultra mobile qb. I don't know. Who cares as long as they can freaking win football games. Any chance old Lincoln has gotten a phone call?
-
Well...Wade is only like 75 years old....plus, I think he has a job, no?
Wayde is a Free Agent as of a couple of hours ago.
Wayde is a Free Agent as of a couple of hours ago.
OK, still. I guess if Dick LeBeau could still do it into his late 70s, Phillips can too.
He will actually be 73 come next season.
And does anyone buy this Garrett rumor. There had been talk on it on several ESPN and Fox programs today.
-
At this point, I don't know who is the best candidate but if McCarthy is hired, then that means most of that staff is going away. Kris Richard was supposed to be a hot HC candidate last year but his defense with Marineli this year was average at best. However, he is a no-nonsense coach that players really like to play for. Maybe pair him up with McDaniels as the HC? Let's be honest, it's either McDaniels or Stefanski, right? I would be shocked if Saleh or even Roman gets the job. Stefanski's offense looked pretty craptastic yesterday and Roman only succeeds when he has an ultra mobile qb. I don't know. Who cares as long as they can freaking win football games. Any chance old Lincoln has gotten a phone call?
At this point, I don't know who is the best candidate but if McCarthy is hired, then that means most of that staff is going away. Kris Richard was supposed to be a hot HC candidate last year but his defense with Marineli this year was average at best. However, he is a no-nonsense coach that players really like to play for. Maybe pair him up with McDaniels as the HC? Let's be honest, it's either McDaniels or Stefanski, right? I would be shocked if Saleh or even Roman gets the job. Stefanski's offense looked pretty craptastic yesterday and Roman only succeeds when he has an ultra mobile qb. I don't know. Who cares as long as they can freaking win football games. Any chance old Lincoln has gotten a phone call?
My Lincoln is a 2015....so its not that old, and less than 60K miles.
Jimmy Haslam said he wanted someone with NFL experience. I don't think he necessarily meant HC experience, maybe at least coordinator experience. To your knowledge, does Lincoln Riley have any NFL experience? Matt Rhule does.
-
Haslam said they were focusing on people currently with NFL experience, but that statement is easily walked back especially if they I hire Riley. I think what they really want is someone who has a leader mentality and can run an organization. To my knowledge, Lincoln Riley does not have any NFL experience but he does have Baker experience. Ignoring the perceived bias about him being Baker's coach, Riley has taken Oklahoma to greater heights than what Stoops did over his last few years. That program has become top 5. Grant it, he has to learn how to win the big game and what a defense looks like, but he can coach...especially qb's in that system. I'm not saying he is my pick, I'm just saying the Browns need a leader who the players respect. Will they respect Daboll or Stefanski? Saleh and roman? McDaniels can at least point to his 6 rings. Will they respect him after what he did in Denver? I can't answer any of those questions but I guess we will find out within the next week or so.
-
I don't know how anyone can say that McDaniels IS the best OC in NFL. That doesn't mean he isn't good, or that he couldn't/shouldn't be the next HC. But saying it as if it is a proven fact isn't right.
He has had the benefit of the best QB ever, and arguably the best coach.
-
I don't know how anyone can say that McDaniels IS the best OC in NFL. That doesn't mean he isn't good, or that he couldn't/shouldn't be the next HC. But saying it as if it is a proven fact isn't right.
He has had the benefit of the best QB ever, and arguably the best coach.
I don't know how anyone can say that McDaniels IS the best OC in NFL. That doesn't mean he isn't good, or that he couldn't/shouldn't be the next HC. But saying it as if it is a proven fact isn't right.
He has had the benefit of the best QB ever, and arguably the best coach.
Well, that is a question in any situation like this: How much were those guys accomplishments the result of his input, or how much of his success was the result of their input. Probably impossible to measure really.
-
McDaniels is going to interview with the Giants on Wednesday. And that's where it will end. We are scheduled to meet with him on Friday.....but he'll have been a Giant for two days already by then. And that's ok with me. Anyone who drafted Tebow in the first round is not someone that I would want in charge of too much. That was laughable. (wait, that would mean that he would fit right in with us).
I know that he's from the area......but really, who in their right mind would want to be a HC under Jimmy Haslam....when you have options?
The only reason that I would want McDaniels is so that Haslam could have 'his' guy and MAYBE give him a little time to right the ship.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
