Skip to content

Rumors regarding new uniforms

The Browns Board
36 13 1.5k 1
  • orange browns concepts.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

     an old-school look with a few modern touches,  

    I've been holding my breath sense tweet ?.. but yes, we should get a peek around draft time. $$ .3rd color, am interested in seeing

    @gumby73 said:

    I've been holding my breath sense tweet ?.. but yes, we should get a peek around draft time. $$ .3rd color, am interested in seeing

    Well, I suppose the three colors are orange, Brown, White.   Never dug the orange on anything but the helmet and stripes. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    white browns concepts.png

    Just no.....that makes them look like the Bengals.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    white browns concepts.png

    Just no.....that makes them look like the Bengals.

    @the-gipper said:

    Just no.....that makes them look like the Bengals.

    What? Those uniforms look pretty similar to the classic-style Browns uniforms they were wearing up through 2014. What makes them look like Bengals uniforms to you?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just no.....that makes them look like the Bengals.

    What? Those uniforms look pretty similar to the classic-style Browns uniforms they were wearing up through 2014. What makes them look like Bengals uniforms to you?

    @dutch-oven said:

    What? Those uniforms look pretty similar to the classic-style Browns uniforms they were wearing up through 2014. What makes them look like Bengals uniforms to you?

    Maybe I need a more up close look.  They seemed to be stripy...ergo the Bengal comment.   I dunno, that arm band look seemed a bit fey. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What? Those uniforms look pretty similar to the classic-style Browns uniforms they were wearing up through 2014. What makes them look like Bengals uniforms to you?

    Maybe I need a more up close look.  They seemed to be stripy...ergo the Bengal comment.   I dunno, that arm band look seemed a bit fey. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe I need a more up close look.  They seemed to be stripy...ergo the Bengal comment.   I dunno, that arm band look seemed a bit fey. 

    They are difficult to see detail on, for sure. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Grossi posted something via Twitter (maybe someone on it can repost it here?) that the new uniforms will have an old-school look with a few modern touches, they will have three jerseys and will be introduced before the Draft in April, for all you guys like me who are uniform geeks. 

    I want them to get rid of that loud hillbilly orange shit and go back to the pumpkin orange tone.. But I doubt they will...

    @nickers said:

    I want them to get rid of that loud hillbilly orange

    Exactly!    That day-glow orange is awful!

  • If I had to guess, I'm thinking a brown, white and orange version of the current Color Rush jerseys, but with the old school sleeve stripes incorporated. I'm guessing the "Browns" down the pants will be gone too. 

    Wouldn't completely shock me if the Haslams went against their promise to Randy Lerner and put a logo on the helmet. Gun to my head, I think they keep their current helmet, though. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If I had to guess, I'm thinking a brown, white and orange version of the current Color Rush jerseys, but with the old school sleeve stripes incorporated. I'm guessing the "Browns" down the pants will be gone too. 

    Wouldn't completely shock me if the Haslams went against their promise to Randy Lerner and put a logo on the helmet. Gun to my head, I think they keep their current helmet, though. 

    Dee Haslam has said very staunchly the Helmet is NOT changing...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If I had to guess, I'm thinking a brown, white and orange version of the current Color Rush jerseys, but with the old school sleeve stripes incorporated. I'm guessing the "Browns" down the pants will be gone too. 

    Wouldn't completely shock me if the Haslams went against their promise to Randy Lerner and put a logo on the helmet. Gun to my head, I think they keep their current helmet, though. 

    Dee Haslam has said very staunchly the Helmet is NOT changing...

    @nickers said:

    Dee Haslam has said very staunchly the Helmet is NOT changing...

    I guess they are keeping their word to Randy Lerner, then. 

  • @nickers said:

    Dee Haslam has said very staunchly the Helmet is NOT changing...

    I guess they are keeping their word to Randy Lerner, then. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess they are keeping their word to Randy Lerner, then. 

    I know this sounds kind of weak.. But that Helmet.. In my mind at least is Our Legacy and sets us apart from the other franchises...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I guess they are keeping their word to Randy Lerner, then. 

    I know this sounds kind of weak.. But that Helmet.. In my mind at least is Our Legacy and sets us apart from the other franchises...

    @nickers said:

    I know this sounds kind of weak.. But that Helmet.. In my mind at least is Our Legacy and sets us apart from the other franchises...

    That's true.

  • If  you noticed- all the name calling back and forth is gone. Grow up, and keep it that way please. 

    Calling Baking up Turnovers as many names as you like is permitted though. Someone suggested to me the guy may be a Cowherd shill that goes around stirring up crap to boost Cow-Pies ratings.....  Anyhow, Z might already have kicked him off.... 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    orange browns concepts.png

    These are a bit much. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    orange browns concepts.png

    These are a bit much. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    These are a bit much. 

    You don't want to be able to see your favorite football team from the moon? ?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    These are a bit much. 

    You don't want to be able to see your favorite football team from the moon? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You don't want to be able to see your favorite football team from the moon? ?

    They look like HazMat suits or maybe some highway construction flag man outfits.      😒

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You don't want to be able to see your favorite football team from the moon? ?

    They look like HazMat suits or maybe some highway construction flag man outfits.      😒

    @mjp28 said:

    They look like HazMat suits or maybe some highway construction flag man outfits.      😒

    If the Browns went with the brown/white/orange jerseys and brown/white/orange pants I would assume they would wear both orange jerseys and pants together sparingly... I don't think the Browns ever went with that look in the past five seasons either. 

    I'd like to see some striping on the socks. I don't love the all one color sock that seems to be the rage now.

  • If  you noticed- all the name calling back and forth is gone. Grow up, and keep it that way please. 

    Calling Baking up Turnovers as many names as you like is permitted though. Someone suggested to me the guy may be a Cowherd shill that goes around stirring up crap to boost Cow-Pies ratings.....  Anyhow, Z might already have kicked him off.... 

    @hoorta said:

    If  you noticed- all the name calling back and forth is gone. Grow up, and keep it that way please. 

    Calling Baking up Turnovers as many names as you like is permitted though. Someone suggested to me the guy may be a Cowherd shill that goes around stirring up crap to boost Cow-Pies ratings.....  Anyhow, Z might already have kicked him off.... 

    If you can make Gumby spew his beer laughing at an insult you make toward B.U.T.  (how appropriate)...that is what can only be called a "Precious Moment".   Those opportunities must continue to be allowed, particularly if means that I am on my way toward owing him a 6 pack. 

  • Can we have an offseason without a freakin' uniform change?

  • Can we have an offseason without a freakin' uniform change?

    @tour2ma said:

    Can we have an offseason without a freakin' uniform change?

    They've had the same uniforms for five years!

    And they were poopy, Tour. Poopy. 

  • I don't mind orange pants, but not with the orange jersey.  Brown and orange reminds me of Mike Pruitt.

    In the end, I don't give a darn about uni fashion.