Skip to content

McDaniels next coach possibly...

The Browns Board
144 36 5.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Well I'll be... you are correct, sir. I owe you a beer.

    We're even blocking our Head-Coachless staff from interviewing... apparently until our new HC decides if he wants them.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well I'll be... you are correct, sir. I owe you a beer.

    We're even blocking our Head-Coachless staff from interviewing... apparently until our new HC decides if he wants them.

    You don't owe me anything.  Just keep up with the good posts.

    @ballpeen said:

    You don't owe me anything.  Just keep up with the good posts.

    Those are free to all... 😉

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200112/steve-doerschuk-josh-mcdaniels-wouldnrsquot-back-down-browns-owner-backed-away

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200112/steve-doerschuk-josh-mcdaniels-wouldnrsquot-back-down-browns-owner-backed-away

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

    @tour2ma said:

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

    As I understand, it was made fairly clear that  these guys wanted no part of each other. It was made clear to McD that he was not Depo's choice, and  McD said that if he came, Depo would have no role really.    

    So Jonah Hill got his way apparently with  the other JH. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

    As I understand, it was made fairly clear that  these guys wanted no part of each other. It was made clear to McD that he was not Depo's choice, and  McD said that if he came, Depo would have no role really.    

    So Jonah Hill got his way apparently with  the other JH. 

    @the-gipper said:

    As I understand, it was made fairly clear that  these guys wanted no part of each other. It was made clear to McD that he was not Depo's choice, and  McD said that if he came, Depo would have no role really.    

    So Jonah Hill got his way apparently with  the other JH. 

    Was it Jonah Hill or analytics in general?   

  • @the-gipper said:

    You snooze, you lose I guess. 

    Or McDaniels texted his buddy as he was getting on the plane to take the job because it was a no go in Cleveland.

    @ballpeen said:

    Or McDaniels texted his buddy as he was getting on the plane to take the job because it was a no go in Cleveland.

    And the next call he took was probably one from   Bill Belichick saying to him:    "I told you not to bother because the situation there in Cleveland is so botched up that it was never going to be the place you should have ever wanted to work". 

    As, if I recall "reports were"....that BB advised against Josh even taking the interview. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    As I understand, it was made fairly clear that  these guys wanted no part of each other. It was made clear to McD that he was not Depo's choice, and  McD said that if he came, Depo would have no role really.    

    So Jonah Hill got his way apparently with  the other JH. 

    Was it Jonah Hill or analytics in general?   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Was it Jonah Hill or analytics in general?   

    Well, I think it was the personalities, and the demands made upon the incoming HC by Depo.   I am sure that McD  has  used lots and lots of analytics in his tenure, both with the Pats and elsewhere.  

  • @ballpeen said:

    Or McDaniels texted his buddy as he was getting on the plane to take the job because it was a no go in Cleveland.

    And the next call he took was probably one from   Bill Belichick saying to him:    "I told you not to bother because the situation there in Cleveland is so botched up that it was never going to be the place you should have ever wanted to work". 

    As, if I recall "reports were"....that BB advised against Josh even taking the interview. 

    @the-gipper said:

    And the next call he took was probably one from   Bill Belichick saying to him:    "I told you not to bother because the situation there in Cleveland is so botched up that it was never going to be the place you should have ever wanted to work". 

    As, if I recall "reports were"....that BB advised against Josh even taking the interview. 

    Maybe.  Mine is probably a little closer to the truth.

    One thing I do know is Bill has told him it has to be the right owner.  Can't say that fits here....that and he wanted total control from what I have heard.  That can work with some coaches, but I am not so sure with a rookie coach.  I think that is something a coach has to earn.  Go win around 65% of your first 80 games.  Then you can.  Just keep me informed, especially on draft plans, big cuts, and trades.  Don't blindside me, that pisses me off.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And the next call he took was probably one from   Bill Belichick saying to him:    "I told you not to bother because the situation there in Cleveland is so botched up that it was never going to be the place you should have ever wanted to work". 

    As, if I recall "reports were"....that BB advised against Josh even taking the interview. 

    Maybe.  Mine is probably a little closer to the truth.

    One thing I do know is Bill has told him it has to be the right owner.  Can't say that fits here....that and he wanted total control from what I have heard.  That can work with some coaches, but I am not so sure with a rookie coach.  I think that is something a coach has to earn.  Go win around 65% of your first 80 games.  Then you can.  Just keep me informed, especially on draft plans, big cuts, and trades.  Don't blindside me, that pisses me off.

    @ballpeen said:

    Maybe.  Mine is probably a little closer to the truth.

    One thing I do know is Bill has told him it has to be the right owner.  Can't say that fits here....that and he wanted total control from what I have heard.  That can work with some coaches, but I am not so sure with a rookie coach.  I think that is something a coach has to earn.  Go win around 65% of your first 80 games.  Then you can.  Just keep me informed, especially on draft plans, big cuts, and trades.  Don't blindside me, that pisses me off.

    Yes.  I think both BB and McD  know about what a decent owner seems to be (hand/blow jobs nothwithstanding).    And BB at least did not think JH was one of those.   Perhaps McD felt he could actually mold the owner into being something more like Kraft if he were chosen......But I don't think that JH wants any part of an HC telling him how best to run his franchise. 

  • And to be honest, neither would I.  Who's paying who?  Who paid a $billion to get the gig.

  • And to be honest, neither would I.  Who's paying who?  Who paid a $billion to get the gig.

    @ballpeen said:

    And to be honest, neither would I.  Who's paying who?  Who paid a $billion to get the gig.

    I think that BB essentially tells Kraft how to run his franchise.

    And I am talking from a football point of view.   I think, yes, there may be quite a number of  owners who essentially are told how to run their football operations by the man in charge of football operations...that the owner selected.  Don't you?

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200112/steve-doerschuk-josh-mcdaniels-wouldnrsquot-back-down-browns-owner-backed-away

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

    @tour2ma said:

    I missed the part where Depo manipulated the selection process... which paragraph was that?

    I just posted the article as is.

    On a serious note... this Canton Rep writer has been hot lately... becoming one of my fav reads.

  • Josh being told by Haslam / smells about the chain of command.