So, who would you pick as the next HC ?
-
I nominate Lindsey Buckingham for Head Coach. Even if we suck, we can shred at guitar.
I nominate Lindsey Buckingham for Head Coach. Even if we suck, we can shred at guitar.
fuck that Kim Thayil is a better player but yet again denied his place in the hall of fame
side note I last saw him play last year with Wayne Kramer for the MC50 tour another great rock n roll band snubbed by the hall of fame for the likes of deduech mode
-
MC50... lol... clever...
I'm old....
I believe that was what the Motor City 5 called their last tour, tour “MC 50”. MC 5 were certainly influential as all get out, but l’m not sure HOF worthy.
And Atom, we used to call them “Depeche Commode.”
Tommy Lee from the Crue perhaps? He certainly had some moments reinventing how drumming was done with his mechanical revolving drum kit.
-
They said everybody it's generational. It really doesn't matter anymore.
WSS
-
My wife is right with you on Geddy Lee as a singer. And Neil Peart just died of cancer, so we'll have to start mining the list for the millennial guys....
But regarding Ringo and Charlie Watts- just lucky to play on the Beatles and Stones- as far as technical brilliance just not even close in my book. I'll take Mick Fleetwood over either of them...
Actually, people in the music industry...including drummers that I know and trust disagree with you...especially about Ringo. They say he was in fact a master technician. And see my other post....Rolling Stones experts rated both Ringo and Watts over Fleetwood. Though, perhaps all that is somewhat subjective. I do think Fleetwood is great.
Actually, people in the music industry...including drummers that I know and trust disagree with you...especially about Ringo. They say he was in fact a master technician. And see my other post....Rolling Stones experts rated both Ringo and Watts over Fleetwood. Though, perhaps all that is somewhat subjective. I do think Fleetwood is great.
I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.
Big Fleetwood Mac fan myself. I literally think side A of Rumors (yes, l play records) is the greatest side A ever. Ever!
I doubt many have heard of the band Valient Thorr, a hard rocking metalish band from NC, but their first drummer named Lucien Thorr (they do that goofy thing where they adopt Thorr as their last name like the Ramones did) was among the most amazing and technical drummers l’ve ever seen. Wow he was good.
He kinda had that Bonham vibe where you heard the beats and rolls and such, but you weren’t terribly sure what sequence drums were being hit to produce those sounds.
Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?
-
Seriously. Top 5 best living drummers ever right now. It’s tough.
Alex Van Halen is a gimme. But who else?
I would offer Mullen of U2 for his body of work.
Living?
Billy Cobham... started following him in his Mahavishnu Orchestra days... power, control and complete limb independence. He's my top dog.
New kid that caught my ear a couple years ago is Josh Dun of Twenty One Pilots. Very inventive... modest kit... frantic... reminded me of Keith Moon. First time I can recall seeing a high hat hit on an upstroke.
Neil Peart would make a lot of lists... although not necessarily mine. I was never a big fan of Rush.
Billy Cobham... started following him in his Mahavishnu Orchestra days... power, control and complete limb independence. He's my top dog.
Good call there. I probably have some of his work as l have a fee Miles Davis albums. What proper record collector doesn’t? Some of those older jazz drummers basically reinvented the art of drumming. 4 on the floor for sure.
-
Actually, people in the music industry...including drummers that I know and trust disagree with you...especially about Ringo. They say he was in fact a master technician. And see my other post....Rolling Stones experts rated both Ringo and Watts over Fleetwood. Though, perhaps all that is somewhat subjective. I do think Fleetwood is great.
I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.
Big Fleetwood Mac fan myself. I literally think side A of Rumors (yes, l play records) is the greatest side A ever. Ever!
I doubt many have heard of the band Valient Thorr, a hard rocking metalish band from NC, but their first drummer named Lucien Thorr (they do that goofy thing where they adopt Thorr as their last name like the Ramones did) was among the most amazing and technical drummers l’ve ever seen. Wow he was good.
He kinda had that Bonham vibe where you heard the beats and rolls and such, but you weren’t terribly sure what sequence drums were being hit to produce those sounds.
Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?
I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.
I will defer to the experts that I know both personally, and at publications like Rolling Stone , who disagree.
-
They said everybody it's generational. It really doesn't matter anymore.
WSS
They said everybody it's generational. It really doesn't matter anymore.
WSS
I have literally read this probably 2 dozen times and have convinced myself that it’s simply too deep for me to understand. I like it. The helplessness disturbs me. I want there to be hope.
-
Actually, people in the music industry...including drummers that I know and trust disagree with you...especially about Ringo. They say he was in fact a master technician. And see my other post....Rolling Stones experts rated both Ringo and Watts over Fleetwood. Though, perhaps all that is somewhat subjective. I do think Fleetwood is great.
I’m in the “Ringo wasn’t all that” camp. Probably the luckiest drummer ever to fall into that group, but if l understand correctly he was key to keeping the Beatles machine moving by keeping tensions down amongst Lennon and McCarthy.
Big Fleetwood Mac fan myself. I literally think side A of Rumors (yes, l play records) is the greatest side A ever. Ever!
I doubt many have heard of the band Valient Thorr, a hard rocking metalish band from NC, but their first drummer named Lucien Thorr (they do that goofy thing where they adopt Thorr as their last name like the Ramones did) was among the most amazing and technical drummers l’ve ever seen. Wow he was good.
He kinda had that Bonham vibe where you heard the beats and rolls and such, but you weren’t terribly sure what sequence drums were being hit to produce those sounds.
Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?
Is Dave Brubeck’s drummer still alive?
Alas, no... Joe Morello passed about 10 years ago... good thought tho... stash it with Krupa, RIch, Moon, Shaughnessy and others for another time.
-
They said everybody it's generational. It really doesn't matter anymore.
WSS
I have literally read this probably 2 dozen times and have convinced myself that it’s simply too deep for me to understand. I like it. The helplessness disturbs me. I want there to be hope.
I have literally read this probably 2 dozen times and have convinced myself that it’s simply too deep for me to understand. I like it. The helplessness disturbs me. I want there to be hope.
Literally and probably in the same sentence! No wonder it's confusing. ?
Somebody hijacked the thread into to some sort of "my favorite bands are better than your favorite bands: or some such shit.
I just said it with generational. Whoever turned you on to music when you were at that age.
WSS
-
I have literally read this probably 2 dozen times and have convinced myself that it’s simply too deep for me to understand. I like it. The helplessness disturbs me. I want there to be hope.
Literally and probably in the same sentence! No wonder it's confusing. ?
Somebody hijacked the thread into to some sort of "my favorite bands are better than your favorite bands: or some such shit.
I just said it with generational. Whoever turned you on to music when you were at that age.
WSS
Literally and probably in the same sentence! No wonder it's confusing. ?
Somebody hijacked the thread into to some sort of "my favorite bands are better than your favorite bands: or some such shit.
I just said it with generational. Whoever turned you on to music when you were at that age.
WSS
Pink Floyd
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login