Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC
-
Is it Stephanski, or Stefanski? Or Stevenski.
I think it's pronounced stank-ass-key
I think it's pronounced stank-ass-key
Or, just Stink-ee.
-
Jesus, you have gone compete Gipper when it comes to these guys. Congrats.
And the "Analytics Boys" comments were referring to the front office guys affiliated with Sashi, DePodesta, et al, not you.
First... no reason to start hitting below the belt...
Second... I know who you were referring to, but since my Boyz aren't here to defend themselves I thought I'd point out a much longer, traditional track record that hasn't exactly panned out.
First... no reason to start hitting below the belt...
You proven you have no balls down there, so why should it matter?
Second... I know who you were referring to, but since my Boyz aren't here to defend themselves I thought I'd point out a much longer, traditional track record that hasn't exactly panned out.
See....bailed on them already.
-
Just properly use the weapons we have:
Beckham
Landry
Chubb
Hunt
80-90% of your touches spread out amongst these 4.
and please when we need a play it’s not time outthink the defense and hit Harris on a skinny post
And can he incorporate the still seeminly talented Njoku into the scheme?
And can he incorporate the still seeminly talented Njoku into the scheme?
Ive been down on Njoku since his rookie year. He’s flashed in the Redzone on occasion.
But the truth remains he’s good for a drop, a dumb penalty and a crucial missed block seemingly every dang game.
he’s no Rudolph that’s for sure and stefanski will likely see that
-
I type this well before we have the slightest clue who the next new former regime is going to be, and here is my 2020 season prediction:
There will slowly be a swell of optimism in a portion of the fan base, as the new regime holds multiple press conferences proclaiming how they will fix the Browns by working tirelessly to change the losing culture that infests the organization.
Then the draft will come and go, and the Browns will be given top grades from many of the talking head know-it-alls, which will cause an even greater swell of optimism and in an even larger portion of the fan base.
Then OTAs will come and go, with reports of Baker and OBJ's chemistry looking elite, resulting in that swell growing even more. Finally, the pre-season will come and go, and after a 3-1 record, the swell will have morphed into an outright Gleam throughout the entire fan base as opening day grows nearer...................
.......... Then, after a tough opening day loss, the Gleam will be a little less bright, and by week 10 will be totally extinguished, leaving behind the familiar black hole of despair and anger through week 15, which then turns into indifference for the final 2 games of the season.
Once the 2020 6-10 season is officially over, then a facsimile of the above will slowly replicate itself again, and again, and...
........... and so it begins.
-
And can he incorporate the still seeminly talented Njoku into the scheme?
Ive been down on Njoku since his rookie year. He’s flashed in the Redzone on occasion.
But the truth remains he’s good for a drop, a dumb penalty and a crucial missed block seemingly every dang game.
he’s no Rudolph that’s for sure and stefanski will likely see that
Ive been down on Njoku since his rookie year. He’s flashed in the Redzone on occasion.
But the truth remains he’s good for a drop, a dumb penalty and a crucial missed block seemingly every dang game.
he’s no Rudolph that’s for sure and stefanski will likely see that
Well, maybe he is a slow starter, and Stinky will see his value and innate talent and exploit it.
-
Ive been down on Njoku since his rookie year. He’s flashed in the Redzone on occasion.
But the truth remains he’s good for a drop, a dumb penalty and a crucial missed block seemingly every dang game.
he’s no Rudolph that’s for sure and stefanski will likely see that
Well, maybe he is a slow starter, and Stinky will see his value and innate talent and exploit it.
Well, maybe he is a slow starter, and Stinky will see his value and innate talent and exploit it.
Well if he smells RFA and then his Free agency year coming soon hopefully he gets it.
He’s still reasonable
-
Dorse did a damn sight better than the Huebatross and Sashimi. I believe even Browns was surprised that the extent his teardown resulted in..
Don't bother, hoorta.
Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever.
Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS.
Don't bother, hoorta.
Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever.
Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS.
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
-
Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.
...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.
...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.
Welcome to the NFL. Vikings D looked lights out against New Orleans and then Shanahan put together a game plan. Stefanski did nothing against the 49ers or the last three weeks with the playoffs on the line. Good news is Cleveland has a great O Line and rock solid QB, smh
-
Don't bother, hoorta.
Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever.
Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS.
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using the draft capital they suffered so much to accumulate.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Jesus, 'THE PROCESS BRAINTRUST' damn near took Trubisky over Myles Garrett.
-
Kevin is a smart, young coach. He's humble, diligent and works cooperatively with the staff around him. He will make the Browns great again.
-
- Dorse did a damn sight better than the Huebatross and Sashimi.
- I believe even Brown was surprised that the extent his teardown resulted in..
And was it worth the price? How much better did you feel at the end of 2019 than you had the prior couple years?
Agree that no one expected the tear-down to be as bad as it turned out, but how much of that was Hue? Even Dorsey was only 2-5-1 with "Huebatross".
-
-
only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using the draft capital they suffered so much to accumulate.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Jesus, 'THE PROCESS BRAINTRUST' damn near took Trubisky over Myles Garrett.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using
Care to try that again in English?
-
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using
Care to try that again in English?
-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
-
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
-
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
I believe he is a “players coach”, doesn’t scream discipline. I would’ve have like a disciplinarian but not sure OBJ, Landry, Garrett, Randall, etc. want to be held accountable
-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

