Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC
-
Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.
...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.
...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.
Welcome to the NFL. Vikings D looked lights out against New Orleans and then Shanahan put together a game plan. Stefanski did nothing against the 49ers or the last three weeks with the playoffs on the line. Good news is Cleveland has a great O Line and rock solid QB, smh
-
Don't bother, hoorta.
Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever.
Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS.
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using the draft capital they suffered so much to accumulate.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Jesus, 'THE PROCESS BRAINTRUST' damn near took Trubisky over Myles Garrett.
-
Kevin is a smart, young coach. He's humble, diligent and works cooperatively with the staff around him. He will make the Browns great again.
-
- Dorse did a damn sight better than the Huebatross and Sashimi.
- I believe even Brown was surprised that the extent his teardown resulted in..
And was it worth the price? How much better did you feel at the end of 2019 than you had the prior couple years?
Agree that no one expected the tear-down to be as bad as it turned out, but how much of that was Hue? Even Dorsey was only 2-5-1 with "Huebatross".
-
-
only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using the draft capital they suffered so much to accumulate.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Jesus, 'THE PROCESS BRAINTRUST' damn near took Trubisky over Myles Garrett.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using
Care to try that again in English?
-
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using
Care to try that again in English?
-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
-
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
-
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
This hire I find uninspiring but I hope it works, I hope he is the guy who will bring the discipline needed to make this team play up to its potential. He doesn't have to be flashy, just do a good job. Any word if he will be calling his own plays?
I believe he is a “players coach”, doesn’t scream discipline. I would’ve have like a disciplinarian but not sure OBJ, Landry, Garrett, Randall, etc. want to be held accountable
-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

-
Tia is right on the money. You need to make sure the film and analytics lineup early. The failing I’ve seen the past many years in the draft is grabbing guys in the first round at positions that haven’t made immediate impacts or drafting positions out of whack. Garrett and Mayfield, even though I’m not a Baker fan, made sense. Ward and NJokeWho didn’t to me.
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

I may be one of the few guys who think that DB play has been diminished in this pass happy NFL. Ward has been a very good player but if I’m trying to stop offenses in the NFL it’s control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. DBs don’t get away with the grabbing and hand playing they used to. Ward’s impact would be greater if the team was more polished. So we drafted a DB when we weren’t controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As I said earlier I’m for drafting DBs high for the Browns and will admit that isn’t popular.
-
only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I thank the good Lord above that I don't believe in that Sashi and Co. had nothing to do with actually using the draft capital they suffered so much to accumulate.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Jesus, 'THE PROCESS BRAINTRUST' damn near took Trubisky over Myles Garrett.
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Knew they weren't ready for Prime time in 2016 so they rolled up and out into '17 and '18. 2016 was Round 3, 4, 5 dominated. Many misses, but also hit on a 4th, Schobert, and a 5th, Higgins.
2017 was Round One dominated... MG was a no brainer no one gives them credit for, yet they did not blow it did they? Peppers and Njoku? Jury is still out. And still managed to stock 2018 with an extra #1 and an extra #2...
Not great drafts? Yup, not great... although compared to Farmer's two they look pretty good
Now how about we discuss 2018 and 2019?
2018... Two 1sts and two 2nds and all we know for sure is that we have a great RB, Chubb. We also might have a good #2/3 WR, Ratley.
2019... we appear to have a good Kicker... hoo-fucking-ray... but we added a oft injured DE and a mixed-blessing WR thru trades that included our #1 and a major piece of our OL.
-
They had an enormous amount of draft capital in 2016 and 2017, and pissed most of it away.
Knew they weren't ready for Prime time in 2016 so they rolled up and out into '17 and '18. 2016 was Round 3, 4, 5 dominated. Many misses, but also hit on a 4th, Schobert, and a 5th, Higgins.
2017 was Round One dominated... MG was a no brainer no one gives them credit for, yet they did not blow it did they? Peppers and Njoku? Jury is still out. And still managed to stock 2018 with an extra #1 and an extra #2...
Not great drafts? Yup, not great... although compared to Farmer's two they look pretty good
Now how about we discuss 2018 and 2019?
2018... Two 1sts and two 2nds and all we know for sure is that we have a great RB, Chubb. We also might have a good #2/3 WR, Ratley.
2019... we appear to have a good Kicker... hoo-fucking-ray... but we added a oft injured DE and a mixed-blessing WR thru trades that included our #1 and a major piece of our OL.
Knew they weren't ready for Prime time in 2016 so they rolled up and out into '17 and '18. 2016 was Round 3, 4, 5 dominated. Many misses, but also hit on a 4th, Schobert, and a 5th, Higgins.
2017 was Round One dominated... MG was a no brainer no one gives them credit for, yet they did not blow it did they? Peppers and Njoku? Jury is still out. And still managed to stock 2018 with an extra #1 and an extra #2...
Not great drafts? Yup, not great... although compared to Farmer's two they look pretty good
Now how about we discuss 2018 and 2019?
2018... Two 1sts and two 2nds and all we know for sure is that we have a great RB, Chubb. We also might have a good #2/3 WR, Ratley.
2019... we appear to have a good Kicker... hoo-fucking-ray... but we added a oft injured DE and a mixed-blessing WR thru trades that included our #1 and a major piece of our OL.
I was not a huge fan of Peppers but he was playing better and he was better in the run game than anyone else on the current roster.
NJokeWho was a horrible pick. Forget injuries, if you take a TE in the 1st round he better he can’t miss.
I was a Dorsey hater this year for the fact that he looked fans in the face while marching that trash OL out there. He traded away pieces that would’ve made the team better for OBJ and Vernon, mistake. As fans we get caught up in the hype but it’s a GM’s job to be calm and objective and evaluate the overall talent of the team.
-
Ward going to the pro-bowl and being graded as a top 15 CB year 1 made plenty of sense. Especially given the marriage of need + talent at that time.
Edit: @tour2ma @dutch-oven

I may be one of the few guys who think that DB play has been diminished in this pass happy NFL. Ward has been a very good player but if I’m trying to stop offenses in the NFL it’s control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. DBs don’t get away with the grabbing and hand playing they used to. Ward’s impact would be greater if the team was more polished. So we drafted a DB when we weren’t controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As I said earlier I’m for drafting DBs high for the Browns and will admit that isn’t popular.
I may be one of the few guys who think that DB play has been diminished in this pass happy NFL. Ward has been a very good player but if I’m trying to stop offenses in the NFL it’s control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. DBs don’t get away with the grabbing and hand playing they used to. Ward’s impact would be greater if the team was more polished. So we drafted a DB when we weren’t controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As I said earlier I’m for drafting DBs high for the Browns and will admit that isn’t popular.
If anything, DB play and having premium athletes is more important than ever. Gone are the days of Minnie and Dixon who got by on overly physical play and imposing their will on you. There was a time a few years ago where I said the same thing and wanted the Browns to build front to back. But getting a good lay of the land on the defenses I love watching they all have something in common - quality DB's. And keep in mind, that's my first love. So it takes a lot to say I feel the value might be diminished, then only to circle back around and realize how wrong I was. But it is a position where you can "coach up" athletes as well as any. Take NE for example and their run of CB's.
Knew they weren't ready for Prime time in 2016 so they rolled up and out into '17 and '18. 2016 was Round 3, 4, 5 dominated. Many misses, but also hit on a 4th, Schobert, and a 5th, Higgins.
2017 was Round One dominated... MG was a no brainer no one gives them credit for, yet they did not blow it did they? Peppers and Njoku? Jury is still out. And still managed to stock 2018 with an extra #1 and an extra #2...
Not great drafts? Yup, not great... although compared to Farmer's two they look pretty good
Now how about we discuss 2018 and 2019?
2018... Two 1sts and two 2nds and all we know for sure is that we have a great RB, Chubb. We also might have a good #2/3 WR, Ratley.
2019... we appear to have a good Kicker... hoo-fucking-ray... but we added a oft injured DE and a mixed-blessing WR thru trades that included our #1 and a major piece of our OL.
The issue isn't just the misses, Tour. It's whom was selected, some of the head scratching that went with it, and the talent that was passed over in favor of said picks. Especially given that 2016 draft. 2017 wasn't without it's flops either. It is incredibly fortunate that Myles was rated as the highest player by more well known 3rd party grades on top of the fact he is a great football player to boot. If he wasn't so highly regarded with the metrics, how might have that gone? We could very well be talking about our issues with Trubisky at the moment and, I admit hesitantly, Dutch is kind of right about that. Talent eval between the more "conventional" minded front offices of days past and the more "analytical" one have their shared abysmal failures.
My concern restated - the pendulum swung one way under Sashi and then the opposite side with the Dorse... only to produce some similar results. My genuine hope is that the scouting department and our regional scouts have their voices heard by this new front office should they reach out to 3rd party grades in working to form their draft boards while developing their consensus players. I just want the new faces to avoid the entrenchment and narrow sight that our previous two administrations have shown at times. (Again, mostly regarding talent acquisition)
-
Don't bother, hoorta.
Tour is in complete Gipper-mode when it comes to THE PROCESS braintrust. You aren't getting him to admit any failing from them, ever.
Oh sure, he'll try to do a false equivalency and say, for example, that I prayed at the alter that was John Dorsey, when I could show time after time I questioned his moves. No such thing exists for Tour and THE PROCESS.
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I agree. We are going to hire Berry and it is almost full circle. Maybe Berry hires Sashi as a executive assistant...LOL...that will blow up some heads. Would be fun to watch.
I like the hire. Too many blowhards who don't know squat seem to have all the answers...lol
-
I may be one of the few guys who think that DB play has been diminished in this pass happy NFL. Ward has been a very good player but if I’m trying to stop offenses in the NFL it’s control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on the QB. DBs don’t get away with the grabbing and hand playing they used to. Ward’s impact would be greater if the team was more polished. So we drafted a DB when we weren’t controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. As I said earlier I’m for drafting DBs high for the Browns and will admit that isn’t popular.
If anything, DB play and having premium athletes is more important than ever. Gone are the days of Minnie and Dixon who got by on overly physical play and imposing their will on you. There was a time a few years ago where I said the same thing and wanted the Browns to build front to back. But getting a good lay of the land on the defenses I love watching they all have something in common - quality DB's. And keep in mind, that's my first love. So it takes a lot to say I feel the value might be diminished, then only to circle back around and realize how wrong I was. But it is a position where you can "coach up" athletes as well as any. Take NE for example and their run of CB's.
Knew they weren't ready for Prime time in 2016 so they rolled up and out into '17 and '18. 2016 was Round 3, 4, 5 dominated. Many misses, but also hit on a 4th, Schobert, and a 5th, Higgins.
2017 was Round One dominated... MG was a no brainer no one gives them credit for, yet they did not blow it did they? Peppers and Njoku? Jury is still out. And still managed to stock 2018 with an extra #1 and an extra #2...
Not great drafts? Yup, not great... although compared to Farmer's two they look pretty good
Now how about we discuss 2018 and 2019?
2018... Two 1sts and two 2nds and all we know for sure is that we have a great RB, Chubb. We also might have a good #2/3 WR, Ratley.
2019... we appear to have a good Kicker... hoo-fucking-ray... but we added a oft injured DE and a mixed-blessing WR thru trades that included our #1 and a major piece of our OL.
The issue isn't just the misses, Tour. It's whom was selected, some of the head scratching that went with it, and the talent that was passed over in favor of said picks. Especially given that 2016 draft. 2017 wasn't without it's flops either. It is incredibly fortunate that Myles was rated as the highest player by more well known 3rd party grades on top of the fact he is a great football player to boot. If he wasn't so highly regarded with the metrics, how might have that gone? We could very well be talking about our issues with Trubisky at the moment and, I admit hesitantly, Dutch is kind of right about that. Talent eval between the more "conventional" minded front offices of days past and the more "analytical" one have their shared abysmal failures.
My concern restated - the pendulum swung one way under Sashi and then the opposite side with the Dorse... only to produce some similar results. My genuine hope is that the scouting department and our regional scouts have their voices heard by this new front office should they reach out to 3rd party grades in working to form their draft boards while developing their consensus players. I just want the new faces to avoid the entrenchment and narrow sight that our previous two administrations have shown at times. (Again, mostly regarding talent acquisition)
If anything, DB play and having premium athletes is more important than ever. Gone are the days of Minnie and Dixon who got by on overly physical play and imposing their will on you. There was a time a few years ago where I said the same thing and wanted the Browns to build front to back. But getting a good lay of the land on the defenses I love watching they all have something in common - quality DB's. And keep in mind, that's my first love. So it takes a lot to say I feel the value might be diminished, then only to circle back around and realize how wrong I was. But it is a position where you can "coach up" athletes as well as any. Take NE for example and their run of CB's.
The issue isn't just the misses, Tour. It's whom was selected, some of the head scratching that went with it, and the talent that was passed over in favor of said picks. Especially given that 2016 draft. 2017 wasn't without it's flops either. It is incredibly fortunate that Myles was rated as the highest player by more well known 3rd party grades on top of the fact he is a great football player to boot. If he wasn't so highly regarded with the metrics, how might have that gone? We could very well be talking about our issues with Trubisky at the moment and, I admit hesitantly, Dutch is kind of right about that. Talent eval between the more "conventional" minded front offices of days past and the more "analytical" one have their shared abysmal failures.
My concern restated - the pendulum swung one way under Sashi and then the opposite side with the Dorse... only to produce some similar results. My genuine hope is that the scouting department and our regional scouts have their voices heard by this new front office should they reach out to 3rd party grades in working to form their draft boards while developing their consensus players. I just want the new faces to avoid the entrenchment and narrow sight that our previous two administrations have shown at times. (Again, mostly regarding talent acquisition)
You must pull your hair out watching Greedy then ?
-
If anything, DB play and having premium athletes is more important than ever. Gone are the days of Minnie and Dixon who got by on overly physical play and imposing their will on you. There was a time a few years ago where I said the same thing and wanted the Browns to build front to back. But getting a good lay of the land on the defenses I love watching they all have something in common - quality DB's. And keep in mind, that's my first love. So it takes a lot to say I feel the value might be diminished, then only to circle back around and realize how wrong I was. But it is a position where you can "coach up" athletes as well as any. Take NE for example and their run of CB's.
The issue isn't just the misses, Tour. It's whom was selected, some of the head scratching that went with it, and the talent that was passed over in favor of said picks. Especially given that 2016 draft. 2017 wasn't without it's flops either. It is incredibly fortunate that Myles was rated as the highest player by more well known 3rd party grades on top of the fact he is a great football player to boot. If he wasn't so highly regarded with the metrics, how might have that gone? We could very well be talking about our issues with Trubisky at the moment and, I admit hesitantly, Dutch is kind of right about that. Talent eval between the more "conventional" minded front offices of days past and the more "analytical" one have their shared abysmal failures.
My concern restated - the pendulum swung one way under Sashi and then the opposite side with the Dorse... only to produce some similar results. My genuine hope is that the scouting department and our regional scouts have their voices heard by this new front office should they reach out to 3rd party grades in working to form their draft boards while developing their consensus players. I just want the new faces to avoid the entrenchment and narrow sight that our previous two administrations have shown at times. (Again, mostly regarding talent acquisition)
You must pull your hair out watching Greedy then ?
You must pull your hair out watching Greedy then ?
I buzz my shit, homie. I'm simple and classic.
I only lose my mind when I see a player who isn't capable or willing. I saw Greedy play physical in the run game at times this year, sticking his nose in down low and making tackles. Something we heard he would all but avoid. He's physically very capable of playing in the NFL at a starter level and has natural gifts a lot of CB's envy - long arms, naturally good leverage for his height and good speed. So, no, I didn't get too upset about his season. Especially considering my incredibly large disdain for Wilks and his defensive philosophy.
-
Now you're starting to piss me off... tends to happen when people put words in my mouth. Show me an instance when I ever put words in yours, and I'll STFU.
As for "The Process"... you bet your ass I loved it. But it was less for the role Analytics played in it. It was for the Consensus decision process at the heart of it. Ring a bell? That the experiment was cut short after year 2 of a committed 5-year period was beyond stupid. Even then I never claimed it was perfect... just a work in progress that showed progress despite being hitched to the worst HC since our resurrection.
My greatest frustration was the number of folks here that never even tried to understand it. Hell, most still refer to Sashi as the decider making picks, breaking ties, etc. I'm no longer sure you understand it since you're labeling the upcoming "Part Deux" simply based upon analytics having a role again.
Anyway... 2 years later here we are again... only without the draft capital we suffered so much to accumulate.
I agree. We are going to hire Berry and it is almost full circle. Maybe Berry hires Sashi as a executive assistant...LOL...that will blow up some heads. Would be fun to watch.
I like the hire. Too many blowhards who don't know squat seem to have all the answers...lol
I agree. We are going to hire Berry and it is almost full circle. Maybe Berry hires Sashi as a executive assistant...LOL...that will blow up some heads. Would be fun to watch.
I like the hire. Too many blowhards who don't know squat seem to have all the answers...lol
Absolute genius take.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

