Skip to content

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

The Browns Board
268 51 7.8k 1
  • Please. Bring.  Kubiak.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    Please. Bring.  Kubiak.

    Ridiculous.

    Stefanski will be surrounded by the beautiful minds that brought us the 2016 Browns draft and who wanted to draft Mitchell Trubiskey over Myles Garrett. KUBIAK IS NOT NEEDED! ? 

  • So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nero said:

    So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    Clevelanders are the silliest of Americans? 

  • @nickers said:

    Link?

    I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    ... with details on paper to be signed soon.

    And now we don't have Sashi to butch the trade. Damn it. 

  • hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    You had a chance to hire the bully but you hire the victim. Typical Browns...hire the guy who just got embarrassed.

    https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020/01/browns-coaching-search-did-49ers-robert-saleh-embarrass-vikings-kevin-stefanski-out-of-the-job.html

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Over/under 1.5 years?

    Over... way over...

    Not so fast my friend.  Can you say Freddie.

  • So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nero said:

    So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    The serious answer to this, I guess, would be:   A.  One game does not an entire career make.   B. The defensive guy had a lot more better horses to work with than the offensive guy...which is probably true   C.  This guy got Kirk Cousins to perform well, and actually win a playoff game.  Something no one else could ever do.    And D......use the reason that the committee that chose him probably used:   The analytics said that he is the right man for the job....even if we cannot explain what those analytics are. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    QB guru, “leader of men”

    Didn’t his offense get 4 first downs and 3 points in the final 3 quarters yesterday?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @browns149 said:

    Didn’t his offense get 4 first downs and 3 points in the final 3 quarters yesterday?

    Yes, not looking like a "guru" but let's see how this pans out.

  • So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @nero said:

    So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

    And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

    First, SF put the clearly superior team on the field. They got both Dee Ford and Kwan Alexander back at just the right time and both made their presence felt. There's only so much any Coach can overcome.

    Second, an OC can do nothing about a muffed punt or an 8-play, TD drive with all 8 plays on the ground.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #28

    Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period...you can bet DePoop will tear it down.... I still see dark days ahead...

    DePoop has far too much control...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

  • Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period...you can bet DePoop will tear it down.... I still see dark days ahead...

    DePoop has far too much control...

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @nickers said:

    Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period... I still see dark days ahead...

    DePoop has far too much control...

    You mean the analytics guy that everyone in the front office was ignoring until the team continued to be dysfunctional? 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tour2ma said:

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    Sounds like it's done. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I would say playoffs, or bust.
    We just gotta chill out with the super bowl talk and hopefully keep the team focused on a week to week basis. No distractions.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

  • If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    Well if the Browns hired DUMBOLL.. It's would've been a PR disaster on all fronts... I'm glad it wasn't him.. But.. I have little confidence in this hiring..

  • BereanB Berean wrote on last edited by
    #36

    The Factory of Sadness churns on - 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme.  I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above 

  • @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @icecube said:

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

    Right....I am saying that anything around .500 would be that.