Skip to content

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

The Browns Board
268 51 7.8k 1
  • @icecube said:

    I get it. But even 1 game over .500 would feel a little better.

    Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems. 

    Yet you’re talking about realistic expectations in January. Time will tell. The team should be significantly better.

  • @icecube said:

    I get it. But even 1 game over .500 would feel a little better.

    Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    

    That we'll be announcing the 19th head coach of the Cleveland Browns in two years? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems. 

    Yet you’re talking about realistic expectations in January. Time will tell. The team should be significantly better.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Yet you’re talking about realistic expectations in January. Time will tell. The team should be significantly better.

    Well....given the talent I guess your are right.  The assumption is that Stinky will be a significant improvement over Ferd.  

    At this point, that is as good as we can hope for. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #64

    OK. Hope the micromanaging from above takes a break for a while so the new HC can get his system in place

  • Just saw this...”Kevin Stefanski values player usage/positioning over plays. Polar opposite from Freddie Kitchens”

    thank goodness.  I’m tired of Hilliard flanked out and Harris targeted and some new WR called upon on 3rd and 5

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Just saw this...”Kevin Stefanski values player usage/positioning over plays. Polar opposite from Freddie Kitchens”

    thank goodness.  I’m tired of Hilliard flanked out and Harris targeted and some new WR called upon on 3rd and 5

    I hope we don’t see anymore draw plays on 4th and 9.

    Or a 25 yard slant play on 3rd and 1.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #66

    first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

    a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

  • first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

    a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @calfoxwc said:

    first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

    a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

    Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

  • Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @baconhound said:

    Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

    Taco, now you. I'm only missing Browns52 to call it a downer weekend. 

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Oh wow great hire. Yawning another Polack.

  • Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @baconhound said:

    Again the Browns bring in an underwhelming HC. I mean it wasn’t Stefanski’s fault the Vikings offense struggled he only had Diggs, Cook, Theilen and Rudolph.

    ...and there were guys in the QB's face all game long.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    first video - "this hire isn't a good hire, ...it's a GREAT HIRE"

    a genius offensive coach - opposite of Kitchens.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28469819/sources-browns-plan-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

    Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #72

    @hoorta said:

    Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

    well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.

    This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Just saw this...”Kevin Stefanski values player usage/positioning over plays. Polar opposite from Freddie Kitchens”

    thank goodness.  I’m tired of Hilliard flanked out and Harris targeted and some new WR called upon on 3rd and 5

    I hope we don’t see anymore draw plays on 4th and 9.

    Or a 25 yard slant play on 3rd and 1.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #73

    @canton-dawg said:

    I hope we don’t see anymore draw plays on 4th and 9.

    Or a 25 yard slant play on 3rd and 1.

    Just properly use the weapons we have:

    Beckham 

    Landry

    Chubb 

    Hunt 

    80-90% of your touches spread out amongst these 4.

    and please when we need a play it’s not time outthink the defense and hit Harris on a skinny post 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #74
  • If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

    I dont have a good feeling about this though 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @louisville-slugger said:

    If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

    I dont have a good feeling about this though 

    Nor should you since the Eagles had already announced they wanted Schwartz back if he did not get our HC job.

    Plus since Vikes have already announced that they want to expend Zimmer's contract it would not surprise me to see Kubiak stay on that staff.

  • @hoorta said:

    Not buying the hype Cal. With respects to The Who- "meet the new coach, same as the old coach- we won't get fooled again."   Color me unexcited. As the say in Missouri- SHOW ME. It can start by winning your opener, that we haven't done in almost forever. That's one they missed on in the ESPN blurb- longest opening day losing streak. Besides Division Title, playoff appearance, and winning record- all league worsts.  

    well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.

    This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #76

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, I bought into the hype with the last two failure hc's...so third time is the charm. Personally, I put a lot of stock in who said also, it's a "fantastic" hire in the video. that means serious stuff, imho.

    This time, I'm seeing that they learned their lesson. Stephanski is no "nice guy fuddy duddy nincampoop gonna fail" guy. you betcha. and that is with a UDFA at ROG and a terrific RT that got hurt in the playoff game.

    I'm not ready to go ski-ing yet Cal. But to Kevin's credit, he does have a longer resume than the departed Freddie. We'll have to see if Re-podesta is right. Or he's just really good at snowing Haslam under with analytics. 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #77

    So...Andrew Barry as Gm?

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Berry is in as gm so for the first time since the haslems have owned the team everyone will be on the same page

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #79

    this is very good news for us now lets see what kind of staff stefanski puts togather

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #80

    Well all excuses are gone for the Analytics Boys. They got their coach, they'll have one of their own as GM, and you have to think DePodesta will stay onboard now since he's gotten his way. Can't blame Hue for backstabbing Sashi anymore, can't blame Dorsey for ignoring DePodesta. 

    They have the entire team lined up under "THE PROCESS: PART DEUX". No more mis-matched marriages. No more square pegs going into round holes.