Skip to content

If You Think The Shit Already Hit the Fans....

The Browns Board
24 15 554
  • @flugel said:

    Remember Shurmur facing 4th and 1 with a 2 score deficit in the 4th quarter at the Indy 38 yard line against the 31st ranked defense?  Shurmur decided our best option was to punt the football

    Here's the thing, Flugs... an OC doesn't make those decisions.

    Patsy has failed twice as a HC, but each time he earned the opportunity by producing as an OC. We know it was not due to his electric personality...

    The experience he has had as an HC can be valuable to a first time HC.... organizing practices and other behind-the-scenes stuff.

    Last Stef knows Pat from their time together in MN. So if he hires him he knows their philosophies align and they can work together. That's pretty important... especially for a first-time HC.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    Here's the thing, Flugs... an OC doesn't make those decisions.

    Patsy has failed twice as a HC, but each time he earned the opportunity by producing as an OC. We know it was not due to his electric personality...

    The experience he has had as an HC can be valuable to a first time HC.... organizing practices and other behind-the-scenes stuff.

    Last Stef knows Pat from their time together in MN. So if he hires him he knows their philosophies align and they can work together. That's pretty important... especially for a first-time HC.

    Good points Tour!  That said he was a good OC before he came to Cleveland and took on being a HC and OC.  He was awful here. We've hired a lot of Coordinators from better organizations that came here for an absolute culture shock nightmare.  It's humbled and tarnished careers of some pretty well respected guys (at least outside of Cleveland).

    I'm playing pin the tail on the donkey. Only in this scenario the donkey is wearing the blindfolds.  And the donkey is Jimmy...

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    Yep. Mods could definitely benefit by closing some threads.

    Sorry for venting my frustration.  I've always tried been a rose colored glasses guy almost to a fault; but this owner has hired 7 Head Coaches since 2012 and he's still refusing to GET what's wrong.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the our new Scapegoat, I mean Head Coach.  Seems like a nice hard working guy with great intentions coming to a business where they're still trying to get organized at getting organized since 2012.  Maybe some day someone they will actually establish some hiring criteria. Until then, it would be nice if our ownership finally hired the right guy even if by accident.   

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @flugel said:

    Sorry for venting my frustration.  I've always tried been a rose colored glasses guy almost to a fault; but this owner has hired 7 Head Coaches since 2012 and he's still refusing to GET what's wrong.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the our new Scapegoat, I mean Head Coach.  Seems like a nice hard working guy with great intentions coming to a business where they're still trying to get organized at getting organized since 2012.  Maybe some day someone they will actually establish some hiring criteria. Until then, it would be nice if our ownership finally hired the right guy even if by accident.   

    You're good, dude. I wasn't singling you out or anything, I was just making the general observation that since we know who the coach is now, the mods can shut down the 50 other threads going simultaneously about the different options.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #23

    This will be a first-time head coach paired with a first-time GM paired with a young team that doesn't know how to win paired with an owner that doesn't know how to win.  This is almost guaranteed to implode because everyone is in diapers

  • "old Shaky"???

    image.png.399c3568f95d03c782c9cc36b1b88000.png

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    "old Shaky"???

    image.png.399c3568f95d03c782c9cc36b1b88000.png

    LOL. I took a flight one time in the AF, good bit smaller than that one - to go meet a girlfriend in Nebraska. Navigator was explaining to me that if just one engine fails, they'd have to land somewhere, fairly quickly. "old shaky" is pretty much right on.