Skip to content

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
43 8 926
  • oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from 

    are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @atom said:

    oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from 

    are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?

    Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.

    Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.

    Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Look how long it took RUSH to get in 🙄

  • @atom said:

    oh ya they fucking rocked and is one band Black Sabbath said they borrowed from 

    are Black Sabbath in the rrhof ?

    Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.

    Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.

    Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #30

    @bob806 said:

    Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.

    Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.

    Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?

    The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.

  • @bob806 said:

    Yes, but they didn't get in until 2006, which is ridiculous of course. They pioneered metal and influenced many bands.Tony Iommi is one of the best guitarists ever.

    Seems they committee isn't very fond of hard rock or metal in general. Led Zeppelin didn't get in until 1995. See Deep Purple, who's still waiting.

    Casey Kasem, please play War Pigs as a long-distance dedication to all the Joni Mitchell fans out there ?

    The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.

    Ok good.

    Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites. 

    I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.

    Ok good.

    Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites. 

    I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #32

    @bob806 said:

    Ok good.

    Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites. 

    Deservedly so, perhaps.  That goes to the whole genre thing where I guess they spread it out.....I think Joni can be considered a folk act, more or less, yet she is in but Peter, Paul, and Mary are not?  (but my wife might tell you that you are wrong about people clamoring for Joni Mitchell.  If you were a stringy haired chick that went to college in the 70s...you might do just that)

    I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.

    Well,  as noted,  some may not be on board with some of the acts that are your favorites. 

    But I do get it.  In what I think is a similar genre (go ahead....some one of you smartsses tell me I am wrong..these bands are nothing alike.  Maybe that is true, but they are from the same era:).  Depeche Mode is now in, but Tears for Fears is not?   I know tons and tons of good songs by Tears for Fears, but not a one by Depeche Mode.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    The Monkees

    Herman's Hermits

    Jan and Dean

    Peter Paul and Mary

    Pat Benatar

    Brian Eno

    The Raspberries

    Mott the Hoople

    Devo

    Tears for Fears

    Culture Club

    Bad Company

    Mariah Carey

    Al Stewart

    Tommy James and the Shondells

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #34

     just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

  •  just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @westside-steve said:

     just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

    All his songs remind me of JH and H school.

  •  just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @westside-steve said:

     just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

    And a lot of those are songs I really like. Crystal blue persuasion   . Crimson and Clover , I think we’re alone now. Etc 

  • @westside-steve said:

     just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

    https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

    All his songs remind me of JH and H school.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    All his songs remind me of JH and H school.

    Certainly if you are about our age. 

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Hot Tuna

    Canned Heat

    Three Dog Night

    Badfinger

  • The Monkees

    Herman's Hermits

    Jan and Dean

    Peter Paul and Mary

    Pat Benatar

    Brian Eno

    The Raspberries

    Mott the Hoople

    Devo

    Tears for Fears

    Culture Club

    Bad Company

    Mariah Carey

    Al Stewart

    Tommy James and the Shondells

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    The Monkees

    Herman's Hermits

    Jan and Dean

    Peter Paul and Mary

    Pat Benatar

    Brian Eno

    The Raspberries

    Mott the Hoople

    Devo

    Tears for Fears

    Culture Club

    Bad Company

    Mariah Carey

    Al Stewart

    Tommy James and the Shondells

    I see you are a Tears For Fears fan the band Lettuce just re did one or thier songs 

    very cool

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #40

    also OZZY should be in on his own 

  • also OZZY should be in on his own 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @atom said:

    also OZZY should be in on his own 

    They got pissed at him years ago after he called 'em out for not inducting Black Sabbath. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-joins-sex-pistols-ozzy-osbourne-in-hall-of-fame-open-letter-club/

    Ozzy was right. The greatest heavy metal band and heavy metal influence had to wait until 2006. What a joke.

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #42

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #43