Skip to content

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
112 15 2.8k
  • Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

  • Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

    You missed it by half a game...

    Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! ?

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

    You missed it by half a game...

    Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You missed it by half a game...

    Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! ?

    Ok challenge withdrawn.   Do I lose a timeout?   (Very BROWNS like.)

  • I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

  • I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

    Ha, was just typing something to the extent of looking forward to something less analytics based. I mean, it kinda is, but analytics l can wrap my head around, haha.

    And kinda shocking a buncha Browns fans were SO sucked into the enthusiasm that NO one predicted even a tie record.

  • I'm not on the list...but somewhere I had us for 9-7.

    ...all because we lost to teams that we had no business loosing to.  Facilitated by not having Vernon to play DE (or RG, which is what we traded for him) or Garrett for the other DE.  We had nobody to rush the passer in the latter part of the season.

    Virtually NOTHING went right.  Guys that we were expecting big seasons from because of Odell & Jarvis taking coverages were Callaway (gone), Higgins (injured, then dog house), Njoku (injured, then dog house).  Both starting corners gone for a long time.....and the D didn't get any better when they returned.  

    What went right besides Nick Chubb and Landry?  

    Oddly enough, game #1 told the story.  It showed who would be playing in a championship game and who would be hiring a new coach.  

  • Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

    @mjp28 said:

    I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! 

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

  • @mjp28 said:

    I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! 

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

    @tour2ma said:

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

    Or worse than a loss because it coulda been a win.....sorta.   😕

  • Today today today, I consider myself myself myself, the luckiest man man man, on the face of the earth earth earth........... 

    I'd like to say thank you to all of the homers, who without your ability to not be able to see the forest through the trees, I would not have won this prestigious award. 

    .... and a special thanks to mjp28 for at least keeping me honest, and just know that this award will look awesome on my mantle. 

  • And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you take a victory lap for the least worst answer...

  • 2. Bengals record?

    Zombo: 4-12

    jcam222: 7-9

    Ibleedbrown: 3-12-1

    Mudfly: 3-13

    Bob806: 6-10

    PoeticG: 5-11

    TexasAg1969: 6-10

    Sdbacker80: 5-11

    Gipper: 6-10

    Coyote: 5-11

    DBone: 5-11

    mjp28: 2-14

    Tour2ma: 4-12

    Nero: 6-10

    Flugel: 5-11

    gumby: 5-11

    DutchOven: 6-10

    Answer: The Bengals, in full tank mode under first year head coach Zac Taylor, went 2-14 in 2019. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: No one was really expecting much, considering all 17 of us predicted a losing season from the hillbilly cousins of the Browns to the south, but they stepped it up a notch. They looked like they might match the Browns 0-16 season, but two late seasons wins against the Jets, and then in the season finale vs the Browns kept them from suffering that humiliation. The Andy Dalton era is over in Cincinnati, the Joe Burrow era is about to begin. mjp with the tasty victory. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... As I mentioned before, no one was really expecting much from the Bengals, but jcam's prediction was five wins optimistic. 

  • Dang. 3rd place.

  • Dang. 3rd place.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Dang. 3rd place.

    Might be a little trickier question next year.

  • For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

  • For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    @nero said:

    For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    It's going to get hilarious coming up on some of these questions... ?

  • Where did that mid season prediction thingy go.?

  • For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    @nero said:

    For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    I’m hoping for one of each, a chicken dinner and a big dummy. Balance, ahhh.

  • Interminable.

  • Interminable.

    @the-gipper said:

    Interminable.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. 

  • Interminable.

    @the-gipper said:

    Interminable.

    That’s what she said.