Skip to content

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
112 15 2.8k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

  • I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown
    #6

    @dutch-oven said:

    I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

    Ha, was just typing something to the extent of looking forward to something less analytics based. I mean, it kinda is, but analytics l can wrap my head around, haha.

    And kinda shocking a buncha Browns fans were SO sucked into the enthusiasm that NO one predicted even a tie record.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I'm not on the list...but somewhere I had us for 9-7.

    ...all because we lost to teams that we had no business loosing to.  Facilitated by not having Vernon to play DE (or RG, which is what we traded for him) or Garrett for the other DE.  We had nobody to rush the passer in the latter part of the season.

    Virtually NOTHING went right.  Guys that we were expecting big seasons from because of Odell & Jarvis taking coverages were Callaway (gone), Higgins (injured, then dog house), Njoku (injured, then dog house).  Both starting corners gone for a long time.....and the D didn't get any better when they returned.  

    What went right besides Nick Chubb and Landry?  

    Oddly enough, game #1 told the story.  It showed who would be playing in a championship game and who would be hiring a new coach.  

  • Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mjp28 said:

    I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! 

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

  • @mjp28 said:

    I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! 

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tour2ma said:

    And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

    Or worse than a loss because it coulda been a win.....sorta.   😕

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Today today today, I consider myself myself myself, the luckiest man man man, on the face of the earth earth earth........... 

    I'd like to say thank you to all of the homers, who without your ability to not be able to see the forest through the trees, I would not have won this prestigious award. 

    .... and a special thanks to mjp28 for at least keeping me honest, and just know that this award will look awesome on my mantle. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you take a victory lap for the least worst answer...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    2. Bengals record?

    Zombo: 4-12

    jcam222: 7-9

    Ibleedbrown: 3-12-1

    Mudfly: 3-13

    Bob806: 6-10

    PoeticG: 5-11

    TexasAg1969: 6-10

    Sdbacker80: 5-11

    Gipper: 6-10

    Coyote: 5-11

    DBone: 5-11

    mjp28: 2-14

    Tour2ma: 4-12

    Nero: 6-10

    Flugel: 5-11

    gumby: 5-11

    DutchOven: 6-10

    Answer: The Bengals, in full tank mode under first year head coach Zac Taylor, went 2-14 in 2019. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: No one was really expecting much, considering all 17 of us predicted a losing season from the hillbilly cousins of the Browns to the south, but they stepped it up a notch. They looked like they might match the Browns 0-16 season, but two late seasons wins against the Jets, and then in the season finale vs the Browns kept them from suffering that humiliation. The Andy Dalton era is over in Cincinnati, the Joe Burrow era is about to begin. mjp with the tasty victory. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... As I mentioned before, no one was really expecting much from the Bengals, but jcam's prediction was five wins optimistic. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Dang. 3rd place.

  • Dang. 3rd place.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Dang. 3rd place.

    Might be a little trickier question next year.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #15

    For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

  • For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nero said:

    For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    It's going to get hilarious coming up on some of these questions... ?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Where did that mid season prediction thingy go.?

  • For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @nero said:

    For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

    I’m hoping for one of each, a chicken dinner and a big dummy. Balance, ahhh.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Interminable.

  • Interminable.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    Interminable.

    Don't be so hard on yourself. 

  • Interminable.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Interminable.

    That’s what she said.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    3. Ravens record?

    Zombo: 8-8

    jcam222: 9-7

    Ibleedbrown: 6-10

    Mudfly: 9-7

    Bob806: 10-6

    PoeticG: 7-9

    TexasAg1969: 10-6

    Sdbacker80: 10-6

    Gipper: 8-8

    Coyote: 9-7

    DBone: 10-6

    mjp28: 7-8-1

    Tour2ma: 10-6

    Nero: 10-6

    Flugel: 10-6

    gumby: 10-6

    DutchOven: 9-7

    Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went a franchise record 14-2 to win the AFC North and gain the #1 seed. After starting the season 2-2, they reeled off 12 consecutive victories, and looked like the favorites to advance through the AFC playoffs to get to the Super Bowl... then they got rolled by the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round of the playoffs.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: It's funny thinking back to mid-season, 2018 for the Ravens. At that point, the Ravens were languishing in mediocrity, their longtime starting QB Joe Flacco ending his run as their franchise QB, and rumors were swirling that John Harbaugh's days in Baltimore were coming to an end. Enter Lamar Jackson. The turnaround for their team has been astounding since he has taken over the reigns of the Ravens offense. The Ravens outscored their opponents 531-282 this season. All this made their quick playoff exit absolutely delicious. While no one came close to predicting 14 wins, Bob806, TexasAg1969, Sdbacker80, DBone, Tour2ma, Nero, Flugel and gumby all get to share this tasty treat for being closest. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While I love his optimism, being 8 games off the mark gives Ibleedbrowns this hallowed award. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Boom! Yessiree. Now can l get one right? Or at least closer to right?

  • 3. Ravens record?

    Zombo: 8-8

    jcam222: 9-7

    Ibleedbrown: 6-10

    Mudfly: 9-7

    Bob806: 10-6

    PoeticG: 7-9

    TexasAg1969: 10-6

    Sdbacker80: 10-6

    Gipper: 8-8

    Coyote: 9-7

    DBone: 10-6

    mjp28: 7-8-1

    Tour2ma: 10-6

    Nero: 10-6

    Flugel: 10-6

    gumby: 10-6

    DutchOven: 9-7

    Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went a franchise record 14-2 to win the AFC North and gain the #1 seed. After starting the season 2-2, they reeled off 12 consecutive victories, and looked like the favorites to advance through the AFC playoffs to get to the Super Bowl... then they got rolled by the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round of the playoffs.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: It's funny thinking back to mid-season, 2018 for the Ravens. At that point, the Ravens were languishing in mediocrity, their longtime starting QB Joe Flacco ending his run as their franchise QB, and rumors were swirling that John Harbaugh's days in Baltimore were coming to an end. Enter Lamar Jackson. The turnaround for their team has been astounding since he has taken over the reigns of the Ravens offense. The Ravens outscored their opponents 531-282 this season. All this made their quick playoff exit absolutely delicious. While no one came close to predicting 14 wins, Bob806, TexasAg1969, Sdbacker80, DBone, Tour2ma, Nero, Flugel and gumby all get to share this tasty treat for being closest. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While I love his optimism, being 8 games off the mark gives Ibleedbrowns this hallowed award. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @dutch-oven said:

    While no one came close to predicting 14 wins, Bob806, TexasAg1969, Sdbacker80, DBone, Tour2ma, Nero, Flugel and gumby all get to share this tasty treat for being closest. 

    Memo to self: Next year think Price is Right...