Dutch's '19 Browns Questions
-
1. Browns record?
Zombo: 13-3
jcam222: 10-6
Ibleedbrown: 11-5
Mudfly: 10-6
Bob806: 11-4-1
PoeticG: 13-3
TexasAg1969: 10-6
Sdbacker80: 11-5
Gipper: 10-6
Coyote: 11-5
DBone: 9-7
mjp28: 9-6-1
Tour2ma: 11-5
Nero: 11-5
Flugel: 11-5
gumby: 12-4
DutchOven: 10-6
Answer: The Browns came into the 2019 season riding on a rare wave of high expectations, nationally and locally. They finished the 2018 season strong, going 5-3 down the stretch. The first month was uneven, but optimism rose after the Browns thrashed the Ravens in Baltimore to get back to 2-2. The Ravens would go undefeated from that day on, while the Browns sputtered their way to a 6-10 finish, resulting in yet another regime change for the Browns.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Kind of difficult to name a winner when all of us predicted at least a winning season, but I will dub DBone the victor. Hooray!
And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While tempting to give all of us this award, along with Freddie Kitchen and his in-game decisions, John Dorsey for naming him head coach, Baker Mayfield's awesome offseason workout regime, I will narrow it down a bit and award Zombo and PoeticG the joint win.
-
Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! (and thought I was making a big mistake)
-
You missed it by half a game...
Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! ?
Ok challenge withdrawn. Do I lose a timeout? (Very BROWNS like.)
-
I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then.
-
I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then.
I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then.
Ha, was just typing something to the extent of looking forward to something less analytics based. I mean, it kinda is, but analytics l can wrap my head around, haha.
And kinda shocking a buncha Browns fans were SO sucked into the enthusiasm that NO one predicted even a tie record.
-
I'm not on the list...but somewhere I had us for 9-7.
...all because we lost to teams that we had no business loosing to. Facilitated by not having Vernon to play DE (or RG, which is what we traded for him) or Garrett for the other DE. We had nobody to rush the passer in the latter part of the season.
Virtually NOTHING went right. Guys that we were expecting big seasons from because of Odell & Jarvis taking coverages were Callaway (gone), Higgins (injured, then dog house), Njoku (injured, then dog house). Both starting corners gone for a long time.....and the D didn't get any better when they returned.
What went right besides Nick Chubb and Landry?
Oddly enough, game #1 told the story. It showed who would be playing in a championship game and who would be hiring a new coach.
-
Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! (and thought I was making a big mistake)
-
-
Today today today, I consider myself myself myself, the luckiest man man man, on the face of the earth earth earth...........
I'd like to say thank you to all of the homers, who without your ability to not be able to see the forest through the trees, I would not have won this prestigious award.
.... and a special thanks to mjp28 for at least keeping me honest, and just know that this award will look awesome on my mantle.
-
2. Bengals record?
Zombo: 4-12
jcam222: 7-9
Ibleedbrown: 3-12-1
Mudfly: 3-13
Bob806: 6-10
PoeticG: 5-11
TexasAg1969: 6-10
Sdbacker80: 5-11
Gipper: 6-10
Coyote: 5-11
DBone: 5-11
mjp28: 2-14
Tour2ma: 4-12
Nero: 6-10
Flugel: 5-11
gumby: 5-11
DutchOven: 6-10
Answer: The Bengals, in full tank mode under first year head coach Zac Taylor, went 2-14 in 2019.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: No one was really expecting much, considering all 17 of us predicted a losing season from the hillbilly cousins of the Browns to the south, but they stepped it up a notch. They looked like they might match the Browns 0-16 season, but two late seasons wins against the Jets, and then in the season finale vs the Browns kept them from suffering that humiliation. The Andy Dalton era is over in Cincinnati, the Joe Burrow era is about to begin. mjp with the tasty victory.
And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... As I mentioned before, no one was really expecting much from the Bengals, but jcam's prediction was five wins optimistic.
-
Dang. 3rd place.
-
Dang. 3rd place.
Dang. 3rd place.
Might be a little trickier question next year.
-
For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets.
-
Where did that mid season prediction thingy go.?
-
For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets.
-
Interminable.
-
Interminable.
Interminable.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
