Skip to content

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
112 15 2.8k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think this year we will all get a box of Forrest Gump chocolates-with a new HC & GM we have no idea what were gonna get.?

    They are going to hire a GM? ?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    They are going to hire a GM? ?

    IcjY.gif    for    EmMK.gif   Doc Brown at a Clocktower in Cleveland?   

    Doc Kramer? naN.gif or George,  Ow21.gif  the another Doctor of Baseball    ?     

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think this year we will all get a box of Forrest Gump chocolates-with a new HC & GM we have no idea what were gonna get.?

    They are going to hire a GM? ?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @dutch-oven said:

    They are going to hire a GM? ?

    Weird how I envision shotgun wedding memes when I think of the Browns' GM hire...... Poor future unlucky bastard. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    7. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... A combination of an early-season injury and getting in Freddie's doghouse when he came back (for reasons still murky) resulted in the lofty predictions by Ibleedbrown and TexasAg1969 for one Rashard Higgins being laughably off-base. Coming off a 2018 season where Higgins had a breakthrough as somewhat of a go-to guy for Baker, it seemed like a solid Darkhorse pick. Instead, he had a grand total of 4 receptions.  

    At least I have good company.??

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @texasag1969 said:

    At least I have good company.??

    What were we thinking?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Geez, I know this has nothing to do with this thread or even football... but Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter accident about three hours ago. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    At least I have good company.??

    Yes the lovable losers club.   The list isn't long but it is distinguished.   😆

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes the lovable losers club.   The list isn't long but it is distinguished.   😆

    Gets longer every year. Seems to me we had quite a few season predictors join the club this year.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    At least I have good company.??

    What were we thinking?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @ibleedbrown said:

    What were we thinking?

    We were thinking we would have a good coach who could use the star to open it up for Higgins underneath, but we had to go for home runs all the time. We also thought Baker would play like he could read defenses and not lock in for INTs. In the end it's Lucy's fault. Wiff!??‍♀️

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #50

    8. Who leads the Browns in reception yards? How many yards?

    Zombo: OBJ, 1305

    jcam222: OBJ, 1100

    Ibleedbrown: Higgins, 822

    Mudfly: OBJ, 1307

    Bob806: OBJ, 1116

    PoeticG: OBJ, 2000

    TexasAg1969: OBJ, 1200

    Sdbacker80: OBJ, 1100

    Gipper: OBJ, 1188

    Coyote: OBJ, 1252

    DBone: OBJ, 1160

    mjp28: OBJ, 1601

    Tour2ma: OBJ, 1249

    Nero: OBJ, 1200

    Flugel: OBJ, 1275

    gumby: OBJ, 1294

    DutchOven: OBJ, 975

    Answer: Jarvis Landry has a breakout season, leading the Browns with 1174 receiving yards, averaging 14.1 yards per catch. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: With OBJ on the roster, we figured he'd push Landry into the #2 role, and easily lead the team in receiving yards. Instead, Landry had his best yards per reception season of his career, and beat out OBJ by 139 yards. To be fair, OBJ did nurse a season-long nagging core injury, and the fact that he often ran routes that didn't exist in the playbook didn't help his cause. No one predicted a Landry win, so no winner for this question. I reward everyone no points, and may God have mercy on all your souls. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While everyone but one person named OBJ, it seems obvious to give this award to Ibleedbrown, since Higgins had all of 55 yards receiving last season, slightly below his prediction of 822. But strangely enough, there was a prediction that was farther off - PoeticG's OBJ prediction of 2000 yards receiving was an astounding 965 yards off the mark! Go big or go home, indeed. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #51

    Well, I got the yardage right....... 1/2 credit? Chicken nuggets? 

  • Well, I got the yardage right....... 1/2 credit? Chicken nuggets? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @d-bone said:

    Well, I got the yardage right....... 1/2 credit? Chicken nuggets? 

    No (chicken) soup for you! Come back one year!-Soup Nazi?

  • Well, I got the yardage right....... 1/2 credit? Chicken nuggets? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @d-bone said:

    Well, I got the yardage right....... 1/2 credit? Chicken nuggets? 

    But you're a vegan! ?

    I'll award you one of those little value price Wendy's salads... 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I hope you all appreciate that l’m taking the heat off your wrong answers with my woefully wronger answers. The sad part is l actually put thought into this! Haha

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #55

    9. Who leads the Browns in receiving touchdowns? How many?

    Zombo: OBJ, 12

    jcam222: OBJ, 12

    Ibleedbrown: Landry, 8

    Mudfly: Njoku, 8

    Bob806: OBJ, 9

    PoeticG: OBJ, 23

    TexasAg1969: Landry, 15

    Sdbacker80: Njoku, 10

    Gipper: OBJ, 18

    Coyote: OBJ, 14

    DBone: OBJ, 13

    mjp28: Njoku, 11

    Tour2ma: Njoku, 12

    Nero: OBJ, 8

    Flugel: OBJ, 11

    gumby: OBJ, 14

    DutchOven: OBJ, 9

    Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns with 6 touchdowns receptions in 2019. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The beat goes on with us being ridiculously optimistic. Beckham Jr. was only able to get into the endzone 4 times, the same amount of times Rickey Seals-Jones, a guy who could come up to you and smack you in the face and you wouldn't be able to tell anyone who just did it. David Njoku was a somewhat popular pick here too, but like Rashard Higgins he got hurt early, then shared the doghouse with Higgins for the rest of the season, finishing the season with 5 receptions, 41 yards and 1 touchdown. Ibleedbrown wins. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #56

    Man, I was so surprised by Poetic's bet (23 TD! That's 1,5 per game) that I had to check it. 

    The receiver who scored most touchdowns in a season was Randy Moss in 2007, WITH 23, being only Jerry Rice the other player ever surpassing the 20 TD mark. 

    I guess that when you bet for an all time best you are probably gonna end up as a 'Big Dummy'. 

    EDIT: Cooper Kupp had the most TD this year and he scored 10. Michael Thomas, with 1700 yards, 9.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Boom! Got one. Mic drop...

    *runs from stage before next question gets answered*

  • 9. Who leads the Browns in receiving touchdowns? How many?

    Zombo: OBJ, 12

    jcam222: OBJ, 12

    Ibleedbrown: Landry, 8

    Mudfly: Njoku, 8

    Bob806: OBJ, 9

    PoeticG: OBJ, 23

    TexasAg1969: Landry, 15

    Sdbacker80: Njoku, 10

    Gipper: OBJ, 18

    Coyote: OBJ, 14

    DBone: OBJ, 13

    mjp28: Njoku, 11

    Tour2ma: Njoku, 12

    Nero: OBJ, 8

    Flugel: OBJ, 11

    gumby: OBJ, 14

    DutchOven: OBJ, 9

    Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns with 6 touchdowns receptions in 2019. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The beat goes on with us being ridiculously optimistic. Beckham Jr. was only able to get into the endzone 4 times, the same amount of times Rickey Seals-Jones, a guy who could come up to you and smack you in the face and you wouldn't be able to tell anyone who just did it. David Njoku was a somewhat popular pick here too, but like Rashard Higgins he got hurt early, then shared the doghouse with Higgins for the rest of the season, finishing the season with 5 receptions, 41 yards and 1 touchdown. Ibleedbrown wins. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

    Saved my ass...

    Thanks, Po...  I owe ya one.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

    Saved my ass...

    Thanks, Po...  I owe ya one.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @tour2ma said:

    Saved my ass...

    Thanks, Po...  I owe ya one.

    The list isn't long but it is distinguished.   😆

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #60

    10. How many yards and rushing touchdowns does Chubb have?

    Zombo: 1405, 11

    jcam222: 1100, 10

    Ibleedbrown: 1492, 14

    Mudfly: 1378, 9

    Bob806: 1163, 11

    PoeticG: 1500, 15

    TexasAg1969: 900, 10

    Sdbacker80: 1240, 10

    Gipper: 1444, 18

    Coyote: 1150, 14

    DBone: 1270, 15

    mjp28: 1575, 8

    Tour2ma: 1218, 14

    Nero: 1250, 12

    Flugel: 1175, 11

    gumby: 1287, 12

    DutchOven: 1205, 10

    Answer: Nick Chubb was the brightest spot of an overall bleak season, finishing with 1494 yards and 8 touchdowns rushing. He added 36 receptions for 278 yards receiving for good measure.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I kind of figured that the second half addition of Kareen Hunt would eat into Chubb's rushing totals, but in reality the Browns used Hunt as Duke Johnson-type back - receiver first - and Chubb was able to rack up a helluva season. No one person really nailed both parts of this question, so I'm going all Oprah (YOU WIN A CHICKEN DINNER, YOU WIN A CHICKEN DINNER, YOU ALL WIN A CHICKEN DINNER) and awarding two winners: Ibleedbrown for almost nailing the yardage amount on the head, and mjp for being pretty close on the yardage and nailing the touchdown amount. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'm going to award two winners here too, TexasAg for being almost 600 yards short on his prediction, and Gipper for predicting 10 extra touchdowns.  

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #61

    I just hope ibleedbrown didn't leave early. 2 yards apart is good stuff. 

    I think that Gipper should receive an honorable mention. He predicted 10 extrs TDs, but he was only 50 yards short. 

    PoG predicted 6 yards more and that's really close too. He might not be such a big dummy after all... 

  • I just hope ibleedbrown didn't leave early. 2 yards apart is good stuff. 

    I think that Gipper should receive an honorable mention. He predicted 10 extrs TDs, but he was only 50 yards short. 

    PoG predicted 6 yards more and that's really close too. He might not be such a big dummy after all... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @nero said:

    I just hope ibleedbrown didn't leave early. 2 yards apart is good stuff. 

    I think that Gipper should receive an honorable mention. He predicted 10 extrs TDs, but he was only 50 yards short. 

    PoG predicted 6 yards more and that's really close too. He might not be such a big dummy after all... 

    Well I figured the entire team would score a lot more touchdowns than They did so my prediction was a product of that. But I didn’t comprehend the ineptitude of Freddie kitchens offense 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #63

    2yds?? Now drop that mic.