Skip to content

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

The Browns Board
112 15 2.8k
  • Did one of your questions include one about combined yards.? If you included his combine yards I know I came pretty close.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @the-gipper said:

    Did one of your questions include one about combined yards.? If you included his combine yards I know I came pretty close.

    But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Fuckin' PoG..... Gawd I hope he doesn't proclaim this season as the year the Browns go to the SB, because if he does, it's an automatic 4-12 campaign. 

    Hey PoG, for the love of all that's holy, please try the Costanza approach this year. Please. 

  • Fuckin' PoG..... Gawd I hope he doesn't proclaim this season as the year the Browns go to the SB, because if he does, it's an automatic 4-12 campaign. 

    Hey PoG, for the love of all that's holy, please try the Costanza approach this year. Please. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @d-bone said:

    Fuckin' PoG..... Gawd I hope he doesn't proclaim this season as the year the Browns go to the SB, because if he does, it's an automatic 4-12 campaign. 

    Hey PoG, for the love of all that's holy, please try the Costanza approach this year. Please. 

    So I looked it up, because I have a notebook that has all of these 'Dutch Questions' and results in them...

    In 2017, the Browns went 0-16. PoG predicted... wait for it... a 13-3 Browns season. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #72

    I only ask PoG not to bet for record breakers: He bet 1500 yards by Chubb, 900 by Hunt and 5100 by Mayfield. 

    That's a total of 7,500 for the season. 

    The record holders are actualy the 'Greatest show on turf' Rams with 7,075. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Hey I had Chubb 8 and Hunt 2 exactly right. kinda the BROWNS daily double in rushing TDs.  😕

  • @the-gipper said:

    Did one of your questions include one about combined yards.? If you included his combine yards I know I came pretty close.

    But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @dutch-oven said:

    But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

    I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Ha! I seem to have a knack for superlatives so far. Really good or really bad answers. None of this middle of the pack business!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

    I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @the-gipper said:

    I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

    No, I didn't... but I might consider it for the future. Not a bad idea. 

  • 11. How many rushing yards and touchdowns does Hunt have?

    Zombo: 432, 6

    jcam222: 500, 5

    Ibleedbrown: 316, 2

    Mudfly: 418, 2

    Bob806: 356, 3

    PoeticG: 900, 8

    TexasAg1969: 600, 10

    Sdbacker80: 310, 3

    Gipper: 444, 4

    Coyote: 510, 6

    DBone: 433, 3

    mjp28: 499, 2

    Tour2ma: 336, 2

    Nero: 700, 5

    Flugel: 400, 5

    gumby: 445, 3

    DutchOven: 321, 4

    Answer: Kareem Hunt, in half the season, ran for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing. He added 37 receptions for 285 yards, and 1 touchdown receiving. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt really didn't eat into Chubb's rushing attempts, as he was used more as a Duke Johnson type receiver, and sometimes as a de facto fullback for Chubb. No one really was very close to his totals, but I suppose Sdbacker and (geez again!) Ibleedbrown should receive some kind of credit for being closest. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

    Another Big Dummy Award? Ok dammit I deserve this crown more than the Big Orange Pretender on the polyboard.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

    No, I didn't... but I might consider it for the future. Not a bad idea. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #78

    @dutch-oven said:

    No, I didn't... but I might consider it for the future. Not a bad idea. 

    How about the Big Dummy Award hall of fame at the end of each season -and- the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner award, only one each.  Kind of the Super Bowl of prognostication......or maybe the Puppy Bowl of really bad picks.  

    Wagering on the results is strictly prohibited.  😆

  • 11. How many rushing yards and touchdowns does Hunt have?

    Zombo: 432, 6

    jcam222: 500, 5

    Ibleedbrown: 316, 2

    Mudfly: 418, 2

    Bob806: 356, 3

    PoeticG: 900, 8

    TexasAg1969: 600, 10

    Sdbacker80: 310, 3

    Gipper: 444, 4

    Coyote: 510, 6

    DBone: 433, 3

    mjp28: 499, 2

    Tour2ma: 336, 2

    Nero: 700, 5

    Flugel: 400, 5

    gumby: 445, 3

    DutchOven: 321, 4

    Answer: Kareem Hunt, in half the season, ran for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing. He added 37 receptions for 285 yards, and 1 touchdown receiving. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt really didn't eat into Chubb's rushing attempts, as he was used more as a Duke Johnson type receiver, and sometimes as a de facto fullback for Chubb. No one really was very close to his totals, but I suppose Sdbacker and (geez again!) Ibleedbrown should receive some kind of credit for being closest. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @dutch-oven said:

    11. How many rushing yards and touchdowns does Hunt have?

    Zombo: 432, 6

    jcam222: 500, 5

    Ibleedbrown: 316, 2

    Mudfly: 418, 2

    Bob806: 356, 3

    PoeticG: 900, 8

    TexasAg1969: 600, 10

    Sdbacker80: 310, 3

    Gipper: 444, 4

    Coyote: 510, 6

    DBone: 433, 3

    mjp28: 499, 2

    Tour2ma: 336, 2

    Nero: 700, 5

    Flugel: 400, 5

    gumby: 445, 3

    DutchOven: 321, 4

    Answer: Kareem Hunt, in half the season, ran for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing. He added 37 receptions for 285 yards, and 1 touchdown receiving. 

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt really didn't eat into Chubb's rushing attempts, as he was used more as a Duke Johnson type receiver, and sometimes as a de facto fullback for Chubb. No one really was very close to his totals, but I suppose Sdbacker and (geez again!) Ibleedbrown should receive some kind of credit for being closest. 

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

    Hunt was set to play 8 games- maybe???  We had Chubb, and Hunt is pass catcher more than runner,  and we have a slew of other targets...anything over 500 yards rushing was crazy talk IMO.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #80

    12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    Zombo: 19.5

    jcam222: 20

    Ibleedbrown: 30

    Mudfly: 18.5

    Bob806: 17

    PoeticG: 25

    TexasAg1969: 20

    Sdbacker80: 19

    Gipper: 22

    Coyote: 22

    DBone: 17

    mjp28: 29

    Tour2ma: 15.5

    Nero: 16

    Flugel: 14.5

    gumby: 18.5

    DutchOven: 15

    Answer: Garrett, in 10 games played in 2019, had 10 sacks.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I was actually dumbfounded when I wrote out these predictions... I mean, you guys do realize that, say, 15 sacks is a helluva good year for a DE, right? ? Anyways, Garrett was on a sack per game pace before he played Whack-A-Mole with Steelers QB Mason Rudolph's head, which resulted in a suspension that is still going. Flugel was the closest.

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

  • 12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

    Zombo: 19.5

    jcam222: 20

    Ibleedbrown: 30

    Mudfly: 18.5

    Bob806: 17

    PoeticG: 25

    TexasAg1969: 20

    Sdbacker80: 19

    Gipper: 22

    Coyote: 22

    DBone: 17

    mjp28: 29

    Tour2ma: 15.5

    Nero: 16

    Flugel: 14.5

    gumby: 18.5

    DutchOven: 15

    Answer: Garrett, in 10 games played in 2019, had 10 sacks.

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I was actually dumbfounded when I wrote out these predictions... I mean, you guys do realize that, say, 15 sacks is a helluva good year for a DE, right? ? Anyways, Garrett was on a sack per game pace before he played Whack-A-Mole with Steelers QB Mason Rudolph's head, which resulted in a suspension that is still going. Flugel was the closest.

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

    Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

    Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

    Oh the BROWNS as a team had 38 maybe the question wasn't clear enough.   😕

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

    Oh the BROWNS as a team had 38 maybe the question wasn't clear enough.   😕

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh the BROWNS as a team had 38 maybe the question wasn't clear enough.   😕

    I can see how someone would get confused by the question:

    "How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?"  ????

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #84

    Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

  • Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @tour2ma said:

    Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

    Nero agrees!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

    Nero agrees!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nero agrees!

    What change to the metric system ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

    Nero agrees!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nero agrees!

    Shit! I missed his "16"...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Personally I think MG's sack total should be normalized to a full 16 game season for purposes of this survey. 🥷

    Nero agrees!

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #88

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nero agrees!

    I just thought that. I was in pace for nailing it. 

    EDIT: Who could have said that hitting someone in the head with a helmet was a bad idea... 

    @mjp28 said:

    What change to the metric system ?

    It amazes me how you guys use normal numbers for counting stuff and haven't figured out any subdivision to make it more difficult. 

    In the name of the rest of the world who has to communicate with you: thanks.