Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Hue Jackson return...

Hue Jackson return...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
27 Posts 15 Posters 733 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 5k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

    the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
     

    I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

    But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

    hoortaH IbleedbrownI I 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      When you have THE worst record as a HC in NFL for anyone who did not own the team you tarnish your own career by being such a terrible coach.  Had nothing to do with Cleveland.

      Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • S SdBacker80

        “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

        the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
         

        I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

        But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 20k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @sdbacker80 said:

        “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

        the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
         

        I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

        But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

        Hey, he did get to coach the NFLPA Bowl. Will work for food? Hue, you have the second worst HC record in the history of the NFL- you're never going to get a HC job in the NFL again. I haven't forgotten Hue made the talk show rounds for a pity party after he got canned....  

        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • hoortaH hoorta

          @sdbacker80 said:

          “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

          the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
           

          I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

          But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

          Hey, he did get to coach the NFLPA Bowl. Will work for food? Hue, you have the second worst HC record in the history of the NFL- you're never going to get a HC job in the NFL again. I haven't forgotten Hue made the talk show rounds for a pity party after he got canned....  

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @hoorta said:

          Hey, he did get to coach the NFLPA Bowl. Will work for food? Hue, you have the second worst HC record in the history of the NFL- you're never going to get a HC job in the NFL again. I haven't forgotten Hue made the talk show rounds for a pity party after he got canned....  

          He sorta has a job in the NFL...or at least, around the NFL.   He is Mike Silver's fluffer.......hopefully it pays him something (though I suspect that they fluff each other for the joy it brings them both)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S SdBacker80

            “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

            the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
             

            I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

            But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

            Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 5k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @sdbacker80 said:

            “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

            the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
             

            I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

            But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

            What article are you citing? There was an article a few months ago, a longish SI article l think, that really portrayed him as a tragic figure. The writer kinda went out of his way to tug at the heartstrings for poor Hue. 

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
              #6

              Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              Dutch OvenD B The GipperT 3 Replies Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • W Westside Steve

                Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                WSS

                Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 15k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @westside-steve said:

                Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                WSS

                Absolutely. 

                Hue was completely miscast as a head coach of a team made up of rookies and second year players. Horrible match. Is he a good head coach? No... but that team was made to lose. 

                And as much of a shit he was, going behind people's back, kissing Jimmy's ass, being the "source" of so many articles, the one time he stood up for anyone is when he took the bullet for the drafting of Kessler. That pick SCREAMED analytical-driven pick. 

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 11k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  adding to my reasoning ^^^ I want NO part of Andrew Berry coming back here as our GM...

                  Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • W Westside Steve

                    Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                    WSS

                    Bigalow80 B
                    • 306 Posts
                    • 127 Reputation
                    B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @westside-steve said:

                    Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                    WSS

                    I disagree. A good head coach gets wins. Look what Flores in Miami did this year. That team traded away EVERYBODY that was decent at football and they still won 5 games. Hue needs to accept responsibility. 

                    Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                      WSS

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                      WSS

                      I think it was a combination.  Did he have crap for talent on his team?  Yes.   But I don't think he had the worst talent on a team over a 2 year period than anyone in NFL history.   I think he took bad talent and made it worse.

                      As Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are. 

                      T 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                        WSS

                        I think it was a combination.  Did he have crap for talent on his team?  Yes.   But I don't think he had the worst talent on a team over a 2 year period than anyone in NFL history.   I think he took bad talent and made it worse.

                        As Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are. 

                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 23k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        I think it was a combination.  Did he have crap for talent on his team?  Yes.   But I don't think he had the worst talent on a team over a 2 year period than anyone in NFL history.   I think he took bad talent and made it worse.

                        As Bill Parcells, you are what your record says you are. 

                        Here is what negates it all. Game day coaching! End of story! I do not feel sorry for a guy who should have millions socked away for the poorest game day coaching I have seen on any level except maybe middle school football.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • B Bigalow80

                          @westside-steve said:

                          Sashi Brown and the rest of the front office were doing everything they could to take the team. Accumulating cap space draft picks etc etc. Whether or not I love coach Jackson, Paul Brown couldn't have won with that team. The guy has to feel like a boxer who has been informed by the mob that he has to take a dive.

                          WSS

                          I disagree. A good head coach gets wins. Look what Flores in Miami did this year. That team traded away EVERYBODY that was decent at football and they still won 5 games. Hue needs to accept responsibility. 

                          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 30k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          My fav bit from the article... https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns/

                          His other head coaching job outside of Cleveland was with the Oakland Raiders in 2011.

                          His Raiders started 7-4 but ultimately missed the playoffs finishing 8-8 on the season.

                          That brings is head coaching record to a pedestrian 11-44-1. How bad is that?

                          Well, that’s the second-worst head coaching record by win-loss percentage of all-time per Pro Football Reference.

                          @bigalow80 said:

                          I disagree. A good head coach gets wins. Look what Flores in Miami did this year. That team traded away EVERYBODY that was decent at football and they still won 5 games. Hue needs to accept responsibility. 

                          Agree. It wasn't as if we were blown out every week for two and a half years. It wasn't as if there was never anything to criticize about Hue's playcalling, clock management or, as Hard Knocks showed us, his "leadership" style. This forum was full of his identified shortcomings week after week.

                          Through Hue's tenure Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield were his starters. Thinking back... how different were our "attacks" under each of these QBs? While most of their skill levels may have been wanting, their skill sets were varied. A good HC, OC, QB "whisperer" would recognize that.

                          Our talent was not very good... certainly not good enough to overcome bad coaching from a man driven by self doubt.

                          @dutch-oven said:

                          And as much of a shit he was, going behind people's back, kissing Jimmy's ass, being the "source" of so many articles, the one time he stood up for anyone is when he took the bullet for the drafting of Kessler. That pick SCREAMED analytical-driven pick. 

                          A war room shot caught Hue doing a mini fist-pump when Kess' name was called. I doubt he was celebrating analytics. Yes, analytics were there, too, just as they were every pick of that era along with scouting.

                          Hue's "trust me" comment was made prior to the season and repeated on Sept. 20, 2016 prior to Kess' first start . So according to you he preemptively "took a bullet?"

                          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                          Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • S SdBacker80

                            “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

                            the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
                             

                            I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

                            But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

                            Icecube I Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 436 Reputation
                            I Icecube wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @sdbacker80 said:

                            “I don’t think 2½ years at Cleveland should tarnish my whole career but at the same time people have to know that you are out there and are willing and able to work.”

                            the first part of this really upsets me and I guess I’m trying to figure out why.  A small part of me felt A tad sorry for this guy...mainly because he had Kessler as his QB although he said “trust me on this one” and Kizer a guy not talented enough and definitely not ready at the time and then hearing of Hue’s struggles after he was fired Just generally being down and out.  
                             

                            I think Hard Knocks opened my eyes at just how bad he was and how much the players just weren’t in sync with this guy and coaches didn’t want to fall in line. 

                            But For crying out loud be accountable!!! No one is forgetting your last HC stint anytime soon. 

                            He was exposed as being a phony, a liar and a weakling.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                              • 14k Posts
                              • 5k Reputation
                              nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              You look at the fact Hue sucked in Oakland , before he got to Cleveland... That's all you need to know...

                              Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                              Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • nickersN nickers

                                You look at the fact Hue sucked in Oakland , before he got to Cleveland... That's all you need to know...

                                Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 15k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @nickers said:

                                You look at the fact Hue sucked in Oakland , before he got to Cleveland... That's all you need to know...

                                8-8 means "Hue sucked"? 

                                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                😂
                                Quote Reply
                                • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                  My fav bit from the article... https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns/

                                  His other head coaching job outside of Cleveland was with the Oakland Raiders in 2011.

                                  His Raiders started 7-4 but ultimately missed the playoffs finishing 8-8 on the season.

                                  That brings is head coaching record to a pedestrian 11-44-1. How bad is that?

                                  Well, that’s the second-worst head coaching record by win-loss percentage of all-time per Pro Football Reference.

                                  @bigalow80 said:

                                  I disagree. A good head coach gets wins. Look what Flores in Miami did this year. That team traded away EVERYBODY that was decent at football and they still won 5 games. Hue needs to accept responsibility. 

                                  Agree. It wasn't as if we were blown out every week for two and a half years. It wasn't as if there was never anything to criticize about Hue's playcalling, clock management or, as Hard Knocks showed us, his "leadership" style. This forum was full of his identified shortcomings week after week.

                                  Through Hue's tenure Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield were his starters. Thinking back... how different were our "attacks" under each of these QBs? While most of their skill levels may have been wanting, their skill sets were varied. A good HC, OC, QB "whisperer" would recognize that.

                                  Our talent was not very good... certainly not good enough to overcome bad coaching from a man driven by self doubt.

                                  @dutch-oven said:

                                  And as much of a shit he was, going behind people's back, kissing Jimmy's ass, being the "source" of so many articles, the one time he stood up for anyone is when he took the bullet for the drafting of Kessler. That pick SCREAMED analytical-driven pick. 

                                  A war room shot caught Hue doing a mini fist-pump when Kess' name was called. I doubt he was celebrating analytics. Yes, analytics were there, too, just as they were every pick of that era along with scouting.

                                  Hue's "trust me" comment was made prior to the season and repeated on Sept. 20, 2016 prior to Kess' first start . So according to you he preemptively "took a bullet?"

                                  Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 15k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
                                  #16

                                  @tour2ma said:

                                  Hue's "trust me" comment was made prior to the season and repeated on Sept. 20, 2016 prior to Kess' first start . So according to you he preemptively "took a bullet?"

                                  I'm saying he was actually being a team guy and presenting a unified front. It might have been the only time. 

                                  Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                    @tour2ma said:

                                    Hue's "trust me" comment was made prior to the season and repeated on Sept. 20, 2016 prior to Kess' first start . So according to you he preemptively "took a bullet?"

                                    I'm saying he was actually being a team guy and presenting a unified front. It might have been the only time. 

                                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                                    #17

                                    @dutch-oven said:

                                    I'm saying he was actually being a team guy and presenting a unified front. It might have been the only time.

                                    Fair enough... especially since it was in public.

                                    Also might have been the only pick he fully embraced.

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                      @dutch-oven said:

                                      I'm saying he was actually being a team guy and presenting a unified front. It might have been the only time.

                                      Fair enough... especially since it was in public.

                                      Also might have been the only pick he fully embraced.

                                      Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 15k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @tour2ma said:

                                      Fair enough... also might have been the only pick he fully embraced.

                                      I don't know.... it seemed like Hue couldn't wait to get him off the field, and Kessler didn't play that poorly. If I remember correctly Hue seemed perpetually irritated with Kessler because he would never throw the ball downfield. 

                                      Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                        @tour2ma said:

                                        Fair enough... also might have been the only pick he fully embraced.

                                        I don't know.... it seemed like Hue couldn't wait to get him off the field, and Kessler didn't play that poorly. If I remember correctly Hue seemed perpetually irritated with Kessler because he would never throw the ball downfield. 

                                        Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 30k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @dutch-oven said:

                                        If I remember correctly Hue seemed perpetually irritated with Kessler because he would never throw the ball downfield. 

                                        And you remember right... but I also remember the lil fist pump when the pick was made. Hue liked the kid, but he was never going to be a fit for the vertical game Hue loved.

                                        And that goes to the point I made about Hue not tweaking his Offense to fit any of the QBs that played for him in CLE.

                                        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        👍
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                          @nickers said:

                                          You look at the fact Hue sucked in Oakland , before he got to Cleveland... That's all you need to know...

                                          8-8 means "Hue sucked"? 

                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @dutch-oven said:

                                          8-8 means "Hue sucked"? 

                                          right.....obviously a case of Fool's Gold.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate