Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash
-
Well, since it made it to NFL.com I suppose it's not off topic....
-
RIP Kobe. It is always a tragedy to see such young lives lost.
Mike
-
I thought l saw his 13 yo daughter was with him too. Adding to the sadness...
-
-
Actually there's some reports saying it's 9 total. Sucks as I was huge fan and had hoped we had a Cavs vs Lakers finals at some point. RIP Black Mamba.
It's possible.
Did a little research and the Sikorsky S-76 is a pretty big helicopter. You're not flying one of those around for traffic reports. Can seat up to 13. Cruising speed 178 mph, with a retractable landing gear.
-
-
It appears it was extremely foggy, even LAPD air support was grounded and they flew into a mountain. They really should have drove. Tragic!
Eye/ear witnesses are saying they heard motor cutting out.
-
There were 5 others that died too....
Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."
No. They don't.
Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark.
-
James Whitlock was talking about that this morning. He said Bryant was with his daughter, as noted, on their way to him coaching their basketball team. He said Kobe Bryant was surely the most intelligent, classiest basketball player in NB
A history. Spoke...3? 4 languages?Apparently, his Wife (they married in 2001)...was not on the plane, too. Just a heart break, and I don't even follow much basketball.
Serious sympathy to all his remaining family and friends.
-
There were 5 others that died too....
Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."
No. They don't.
Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark.
Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."
No. They don't.
J.P. Richardson (Chantilly Lace) and her driver was too f'n drunk to drive, which is why she died.
-
There were 5 others that died too....
Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."
No. They don't.
Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark.
Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."
No. They don't.
Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark.
Spot on
-
Too many young lives gone at once. Very sad indeed.
-
The only thing that puzzles me is all the little fragments of the helicopter all over the place like a bomb went off or a missile hit it (and no I'm not trying to make this a conspiracy) Somebody mentioned that someone said the engine was cutting out, the thing must have dropped out of the sky and free falled from thousands of feet. Can't imagine there would be any remains left after the fire.
Such a terrible way to go out. May god have mercy on all the souls aboard that aircraft.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login