Skip to content

What does the Chief Of Staff do?

The Browns Board
77 29 3.5k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #1

    I mean, just saw it on the news.

    Well... I at first laughed at the pic of the really young guy they hired as a new asst coach.

    Then I read the byline.

    oops.

    https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/01/browns-make-female-coaching-history-and-heres-how-theres-a-jets-connection.html

    6IXRP2ZH3JD3POCUUXYQ2CYLHA.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I ...just.....

    eh....

    maybe we should close it already to comments.

    It's just that...

    well.........................

    er.....

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #3

    good hire ? fuck if i know ? are any of them ?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #4

    So where is her picture????

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    haven't seen the news conference yet.

    Apparently - she knows her football.

    and has a real haircut.

    BBZwK9g.img?h=496&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #7

    As a coach of a female only sport for the last 18yrs, I say it's pretty fucking awesome and am all for it. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I think it’s cool.

  • As a coach of a female only sport for the last 18yrs, I say it's pretty fucking awesome and am all for it. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @d-bone said:

    As a coach of a female only sport for the last 18yrs, I say it's pretty fucking awesome and am all for it. 

    That and I'm 100% convinced she'd be able to beat the shit out of the two guys who posted before you on this thread. ??

  • M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The only question is:  Can she do the job?  Her past record seems promising

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    No issues here. If she is good, great move by Stefanski. Her resume seems to point that direction. The Haslams are terrible owners but one thing they are not afraid of is diversification. They are willing to hire (and fire) whomever. Stefanski said he wanted a diversified staff and he is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. The best part about it is that he is not making these hires out of "convenience". These are all well thought out and people he wants on his staff. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

  • We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #13

    @orion said:

    We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

    Checks on staffs?  🙂   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

    No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

    "She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

    Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  🙂  

  • @orion said:

    We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

    Checks on staffs?  🙂   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

    No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

    "She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

    Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  🙂  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    Checks on staffs?  🙂   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

    No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

    "She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

    Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  🙂  

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

  • @hoorta said:

    Checks on staffs?  🙂   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

    No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

    "She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

    Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  🙂  

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @nickers said:

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

    If she can assist with a brain that adds to better game day plans/executions, then give her a logarithmic bonus for every game over .500.?️?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    It's just ...

    I saw it on the news, and figured they had the wrong picture. Obviously, she is far more qualified than certain know-it-alls who think they float on air on a football field.....

       I'm sure she will do a great job. Maybe she got crewcut to not be so obvious in locker room. Who knows?

       Seems obvious she loves the game, so....

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-hire-callie-brownson-as-kevin-stefanski-s-chief-of-staff/ar-BBZwQn9

    "Brownson brings a solid football background to the team, having played for eight seasons with the D.C. Divas of the Women’s Football Alliance. She is also a two-time gold medalist with Team USA, bringing home medals at the International Federation of American Football Women’s World Championships in Finland in 2013 and Vancouver in 2017. "

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #17

    OK. After researching, and all, I have to apologize to Jim Donovan, albeit remotely, on this thread. I though surely he accidently put up a picture that wasn't Callie Brownson. "hahaha" ?

    Except, she IS the real deal. She LOVES FOOTBALL. All said and done, I'd hire her too.

    Back in the day before Title 9, my Wife played basketball, field hockey and softball for a university, with a bunch of other gals who loved sports. What's amazing, is that they played for the FUN of it, loved the game. They didn't have scholarships back then, or most of them wouldn't have been tall enough, strong enough, whatever. Not much funding came their way. One of their coaches, actually spoke in favor of Title 9 before Congress back then.

       Years later, they honored all those gals for playing, and showing that the gals deserved fair funding. That day, all these gals hadn't seen each other for years, and after all the hugs including us husbands... they laughed and laughed about how much fun they had, all the pranks they pulled on their coaches...how no other team bullied them. They all told me my Wife was one of the shortest, but was one of the smartest and best. LOL

    These gals were all about 5' to 5'10"...... They helped make history in women's sports.

    ********************************************************************

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/01/alexandria-native-callie-brownson-named-chief-staff-browns-head-coach/

    "I had the coaching skills and I was playing football so it made perfect sense," Brownson said. "I had let society's dialogue tell me that I hadn't really thought about that. He opened that door for me."

    Brownson attended the NFL's first "Women's Careers in Football Forum," and, shortly thereafter, landed her first job in the NFL as a college/professional personnel scouting intern with the New York Jets in 2017.

    "That was where I was like, 'This is where I belong,'" Brownson said. "I knew it was going to be hard and it was going to be tough to make it a permanent thing but I remember leaving there and saying, 'I've got to get back.'"

    After attending the first-ever women's clinic at the Manning Passing Academy, Brownson landed her first full-time coaching job in 2018 as an offensive quality control coach under Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth, making her the first full-time female coach in Division I history. The next year, she turned a preseason internship into a full-time opportunity with the Bills.

     

    Now, Brownson is ready to tackle her latest challenge in the same position that helped launch Stefanski's NFL coaching career.

    "The education you gain in a position like this, you're not privy to some other position on the coaching staff. You're right outside. You're involved in every little operational aspect that has to do with his schedule and his decisions that he's making," Brownson said. "You're starting at the bare bones of creating a program. It's not just hiring staff, it's 'How do we want to run our offseason program? How do we make sure that this staff is given everything that they need from a programming perspective to then make sure that our guys are prepared and ready to play?' 

    "It's the bare bones stuff, and that is something that I'm going to be actively involved in creating with him. Everything from the creative content around the building, the sayings that the players see on the wall and murals, the design is going to be all based off of his vision and being able to be a part of that is an education and experience you don't get in these other positions."

    Callie Brownson's Professional Playing Background:

    2010-17: D.C. Divas, safety/running back/slot receiver

    Callie Brownson's Coaching Background:

    2015-17: Mount Vernon High School, assistant coach
    2017: New York Jets, college/professional personnel scouting intern
    2018: Dartmouth College, coaching intern
    2018: Dartmouth College, offensive quality control coach
    2019: Buffalo Bills, coaching intern
    2020-: Cleveland Browns, chief of staff

  • We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @orion said:

    We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

    Organizes agendas and scheduling

  • @hoorta said:

    Checks on staffs?  🙂   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

    No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

    "She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

    Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  🙂  

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nickers said:

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough....Sounds like you have a hard on

  • @nickers said:

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough....Sounds like you have a hard on

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    @nickers said:

    I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough....Sounds like you have a hard on

    I did until I saw you post.. Then immediately went flaccid!