Skip to content

SB thoughts?

The Browns Board
46 19 1.2k 1
  • I think as much as we have complained about the refs lately, we have to praise them for last night's showing. They didn't affect the game and I almost didn't notice them (maybe they missed a call or two, but uncircunstancial ones). 

    My Superbowl party was a really fun one with plenty of food and the game delivered. Close game with good offensive and defensive plays. 

    Didn't enjoy Shakira as we like her music, but JLo shadowed her and I hate when popstars try to go "rockstar" with the electric guitar and drums. Also she almost didn't sing in Spanish and most of her best songs are first written in Spanish (and had success in Spain first). 

  • I think as much as we have complained about the refs lately, we have to praise them for last night's showing. They didn't affect the game and I almost didn't notice them (maybe they missed a call or two, but uncircunstancial ones). 

    My Superbowl party was a really fun one with plenty of food and the game delivered. Close game with good offensive and defensive plays. 

    Didn't enjoy Shakira as we like her music, but JLo shadowed her and I hate when popstars try to go "rockstar" with the electric guitar and drums. Also she almost didn't sing in Spanish and most of her best songs are first written in Spanish (and had success in Spain first). 

    @nero said:

    I think as much as we have complained about the refs lately, we have to praise them for last night's showing. They didn't affect the game and I almost didn't notice them (maybe they missed a call or two, but uncircunstancial ones). 

    My Superbowl party was a really fun one with plenty of food and the game delivered. Close game with good offensive and defensive plays. 

    Didn't enjoy Shakira as we like her music, but JLo shadowed her and I hate when popstars try to go "rockstar" with the electric guitar and drums. Also she almost didn't sing in Spanish and most of her best songs are first written in Spanish (and had success in Spain first). 

    On the plus side I enjoyed the Latin beat to most of it.?

  • So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

  • I didn't think if the Chiefs got behind against the 49ers they would be able to comeback like they did in other games in the playoffs. I was wrong. Not having a dog in the fight I just wanted to see a good game and it was. Actually glad to see the Chiefs win this one. It has been 50 years since their last SB win and happy for Andy Reid.

  • Choke. Job.

    Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

  • Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

  • So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    @orion said:

    So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

  • @orion said:

    So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

    ... Nevermind that the Niners averaged almost the same YPC as they did YPP.

    Without the added benefit of the QB being involved as a runner.

  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    I called it before I saw the flag. And I also said it is common practice in every game. I think the line is drawn on the time. A bit is reasonable, but he did it for a long time and was obvious. Can't complain if it is called. 

  • SF lost the game when they decided to start throwing the ball on 2nd & 3rd and  4 with about 6:00 left in the 4th qtr. They were up by 10 and KC was not stopping the run

  • Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    People on TV this morning are staying at Shanahan blew it with his strategy again. I say again because he was the OC of the Falcons choke 

  • Garoppolo choked 3rd and 5 with the score 20 to 17 he missed a wide open receiver crossing the middle of the field.

  • OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

  • OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

    I was thinking more the Four Tops!

  • First time we enjoyed an entire superbowl.

    Seems that Garoppolo started letting the pressure get to him.

    Seems that on the one TD, the player's foot was a bit out of bounds.

    I called PI on Kelce earlier in the second half, everybody agreed with me on the replay...

    there was no call.

      Which surprised us, because Kittle later on in the first half, was called for PI.

    A lot of folks in the media question that one. I have seen Gronk push off hugely, and it wasn't

    called in the past.

       Seems that the niner defense started getting a bit tired, and the Chiefs offense ramped it up.

    Mahomes was able to get rid of the ball on quicker throws, and Garoppolo had big trouble.

    Great game.

  • Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    So nice without the forever reviews or the debating every call !  It was a good game.

    (And no NE, Billy B, 'Merica's Team, steelers, boring blowouts, even a decent halftime show.......how refreshing !)

  • Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

  • @erniecamacho84 said:

    Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

    At the time I was down on Shanahan too with his criticism of the Browns org but I have to admit now that he was right.

  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.