Skip to content

SB thoughts?

The Browns Board
46 19 1.2k 1
  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

  • So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    @orion said:

    So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

  • @orion said:

    So much for,  Defense Wins Championships!

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    That's exactly what happened.  

    The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.  

    ... Nevermind that the Niners averaged almost the same YPC as they did YPP.

    Without the added benefit of the QB being involved as a runner.

  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    I called it before I saw the flag. And I also said it is common practice in every game. I think the line is drawn on the time. A bit is reasonable, but he did it for a long time and was obvious. Can't complain if it is called. 

  • SF lost the game when they decided to start throwing the ball on 2nd & 3rd and  4 with about 6:00 left in the 4th qtr. They were up by 10 and KC was not stopping the run

  • Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    People on TV this morning are staying at Shanahan blew it with his strategy again. I say again because he was the OC of the Falcons choke 

  • Garoppolo choked 3rd and 5 with the score 20 to 17 he missed a wide open receiver crossing the middle of the field.

  • OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

  • OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something. 

    I was thinking more the Four Tops!

  • First time we enjoyed an entire superbowl.

    Seems that Garoppolo started letting the pressure get to him.

    Seems that on the one TD, the player's foot was a bit out of bounds.

    I called PI on Kelce earlier in the second half, everybody agreed with me on the replay...

    there was no call.

      Which surprised us, because Kittle later on in the first half, was called for PI.

    A lot of folks in the media question that one. I have seen Gronk push off hugely, and it wasn't

    called in the past.

       Seems that the niner defense started getting a bit tired, and the Chiefs offense ramped it up.

    Mahomes was able to get rid of the ball on quicker throws, and Garoppolo had big trouble.

    Great game.

  • Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    So nice without the forever reviews or the debating every call !  It was a good game.

    (And no NE, Billy B, 'Merica's Team, steelers, boring blowouts, even a decent halftime show.......how refreshing !)

  • Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

  • @erniecamacho84 said:

    Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here. 

    The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.

    Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.

    At the time I was down on Shanahan too with his criticism of the Browns org but I have to admit now that he was right.

  • This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively.  I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.  

    And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.  

    Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.  

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.   

    As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.

  • wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA

  • wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA

    @atom said:

    wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA

    I was OK with it. He was obviously content with a tie game and being able to make his 1/2 time adjustments knowing he got the ball 1st to start the last 1/2 of a 0-0 game. That being said, calling a TO and being aggressive would've been fine with me too.

    "If it works, you're a genius - If it doesn't, you're an idiot". 

  • Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Choke. Job.

    Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

  • @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Choke. Job.

    Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

    @hoorta said:

    I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

    That would be because the Chiefs Oline was getting handled when Mahomes had to straight drop and push the ball downfield.

  • @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Choke. Job.

    Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

    @hoorta said:

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

      Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun - the niners outstanding defensive line kept controlling the los, ...

       until the Chiefs adapted in the second half, and started getting the ball out quicker - on shorter throws. I think the Chiefs had their wr's and Kelce to start winging it into open zone areas, and gave up running standard routes - the niners kept nailing them on those. Kelce/Watkins/Hill started spinning/reversing to get open. Just what I think.

  • @d-bone said:

    Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory. 

    I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Choke. Job.

    Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands. 

    Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed?  Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings. 

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

    @hoorta said:

    Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.  

    Au contraire, mon h...

    The criticism of Sashi I endorse is the one about him having to win every deal. Pulling the offer to Mitch was one example. While I understood his reasoning, Mitch was the wrong talent with which to make the point.