SB thoughts?
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
People on TV this morning are staying at Shanahan blew it with his strategy again. I say again because he was the OC of the Falcons choke
-
Garoppolo choked 3rd and 5 with the score 20 to 17 he missed a wide open receiver crossing the middle of the field.
-
OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something.
-
OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something.
OK so what was with the little twirly bird act that the entire Kansas City offense of backfield did on that played on by the goal line where they look like they were the Temptations or the pips or something.
I was thinking more the Four Tops!
-
First time we enjoyed an entire superbowl.
Seems that Garoppolo started letting the pressure get to him.
Seems that on the one TD, the player's foot was a bit out of bounds.
I called PI on Kelce earlier in the second half, everybody agreed with me on the replay...
there was no call.
Which surprised us, because Kittle later on in the first half, was called for PI.
A lot of folks in the media question that one. I have seen Gronk push off hugely, and it wasn't
called in the past.
Seems that the niner defense started getting a bit tired, and the Chiefs offense ramped it up.
Mahomes was able to get rid of the ball on quicker throws, and Garoppolo had big trouble.
Great game.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
So nice without the forever reviews or the debating every call ! It was a good game.
(And no NE, Billy B, 'Merica's Team, steelers, boring blowouts, even a decent halftime show.......how refreshing !)
-
Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.
Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.
I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here.
The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.
Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.
-
Kyle Shanahan is a piece of shit human being.
I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here.
The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.
Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.
I don't know about that. The guy is a great coach, too bad Farmer/Haslam, whomever ran him out of here.
The guy pissed me off about his 25 point presentation, or whatever it was called, but turns out he was right.
Yeah, I think the 9ers basically gagged it away, but give credit to Mahomes- he's the best QB in the NFL. I wanted Jimmy G here in Cleveland, but he's just a tad over average IMHO.
At the time I was down on Shanahan too with his criticism of the Browns org but I have to admit now that he was right.
-
This was trending Chiefs when the 9ers couldn't run effectively. I was surprised by the Chiefs D- especially the front 7.
And on the other side, I thought Bosa pressured and collapsed well but Mahomes was able to leak out and make plays- the rest of the 9er front 7 seemed a little off and not able to create plays and make tackles.
Coaching - I thought Andy Reid called a GREAT GAME, he was aggressive, creative and kept the 9ers defense guessing.
Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.
Refs- the PI on Kittle was garbage happens every play- I know OBJ got a few of those this season as well.
As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.
-
wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA
wtf was kyle thinking at the end of half call a damn time out man,but then again i am glad he didnt cause hell ya I bet the half would end in a tie Did I Say HELL YA
I was OK with it. He was obviously content with a tie game and being able to make his 1/2 time adjustments knowing he got the ball 1st to start the last 1/2 of a 0-0 game. That being said, calling a TO and being aggressive would've been fine with me too.
"If it works, you're a genius - If it doesn't, you're an idiot".
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan.
Choke. Job.
Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan.
Choke. Job.
Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
That would be because the Chiefs Oline was getting handled when Mahomes had to straight drop and push the ball downfield.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan.
Choke. Job.
Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun - the niners outstanding defensive line kept controlling the los, ...
until the Chiefs adapted in the second half, and started getting the ball out quicker - on shorter throws. I think the Chiefs had their wr's and Kelce to start winging it into open zone areas, and gave up running standard routes - the niners kept nailing them on those. Kelce/Watkins/Hill started spinning/reversing to get open. Just what I think.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I felt that was definitely OPI- extended arm to get separation. and I feel Shanny wasted around 90 seconds of the first half not using his time outs. Reid was being the aggressor going for it on 4th down. That was conservative coach think by Shanahan.
Choke. Job.
Also, Chiefs Oline had a pretty good amount of freedom last night with their hands.
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
Au contraire, mon h...
The criticism of Sashi I endorse is the one about him having to win every deal. Pulling the offer to Mitch was one example. While I understood his reasoning, Mitch was the wrong talent with which to make the point.
-
Was it just me, but was the Chief's o-line getting destroyed? Was rooting for the Chiefs, now our ex-Browns Reiter, Schwartz, and Erving! (you kidding me?) get rings.
Tour isn't going like me saying it, but Sashi totally blew it dealing with Schwartz.
Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun - the niners outstanding defensive line kept controlling the los, ...
until the Chiefs adapted in the second half, and started getting the ball out quicker - on shorter throws. I think the Chiefs had their wr's and Kelce to start winging it into open zone areas, and gave up running standard routes - the niners kept nailing them on those. Kelce/Watkins/Hill started spinning/reversing to get open. Just what I think.
Nope - the Chief's oline was getting overrun
Yup... I would estimate the yards Mahomes gained in designed runs at zero. Kid was running for his life for most of the game. Late tho he was only having to slide/step up in the pocket to gain time. While SF was never "gassed", they did tire.
I will say that the kid takes a shot better than I'd have guessed. Ward and Tartt both smacked him good... still shaking my head, however, at Bosa laying off him that 2nd option-play KC ran. And IIRC that was the last option run Andy called... I think he was shaking his head as well.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I was surprised how little impact the Refs had on the game...However.. that one touchdown where the players foot looked suspect should've not been called a TD
Best individual officials the NFL has... as based upon their accumulative 2020 grades... should collectively call a great game.
TD call was very, very close, but in the one freeze frame they showed that was frozen when his toe hit the sideline chalk the ball had just broken the plane of the goal line.
As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.
Agree the call was a good one, but I don't think it was necessary. Kittle had spec enough that with his size advantage he should have had no issue elevating to high point the ball... and he might not have even had to do that... the throw was that good.
-
I remarked in another thread that respecting the play action of a great running team is very different than facing the play action game of a team that can run the ball so-so, but only tends to do so late game or situationally (being kind about it) As a defense your aggressiveness, especially early down, will change. How you anticipate and process your keys will change. And how quickly you'll be to attack a run fit will change. I also remarked that, in games such as playoffs or in last night's case the Super Bowl, you're going to find coaches with gameplans to have their 7 attacking gaps to get upfield, making pass rush the primary and to play their run fits a bit more 'passive' (for lack of a better word). I found the very evidence to my comments watching some highlights between the Chiefs and Niners. Both the same down and distance, no less.
Example A: The Chiefs and their well below average running game. Please observe depth and downhill aggressiveness of the backers and secondary.
PRE-SNAP
POST-SNAP
The Niners 2nd level never even so much as blinked when considering their run fits. Not a single downstep sucking up the backers into the lanes and wash. The ball was still completed, but a big part of that was KC going max pro. Now for the KC defense on 1st and 10.
PRE-SNAP
POST - SNAP
You'll see how hard the the backers downstep and look laterally while at the same time, you seen Sorenson at safety already 3 yards forward as well. Check the backside edge defender unblocked (#92) and where his eyes are. Why were more deep shots not dialed up...? I couldn't tell you. It's almost like after the Kittle OPI they went full turtle with the deep ball.
Look at how hard this action was sold and how cleanly this defense bit on it though. Because when you're facing a GREAT rushing attack, that's what you HAVE to do.
Why San Fran got away from this formula for half their drives is beyond me. Even worse, watching some of the potential throws to Kittle and the opportunities missed by both the Niners coaches and Jimmy Garropalo will haunt them for quite a while. The Chiefs had no real answer to dealing with the inline TE's and backfield receivers from the Niners. It just seems like young Shanny played into the hands of the KC defense half the time and the other half the light-bulb seemingly came on. I just feel this could have, more than likely should have, been a 14 point Niner win had their coaches kept with the leading formula.
-
Really good game. The refs were fairly invisible, no glaring coaching mistakes and hard play by both teams. Probably my favorite SB in recent memory.
I was surprised how little impact the Refs had on the game...However.. that one touchdown where the players foot looked suspect should've not been called a TD
Best individual officials the NFL has... as based upon their accumulative 2020 grades... should collectively call a great game.
TD call was very, very close, but in the one freeze frame they showed that was frozen when his toe hit the sideline chalk the ball had just broken the plane of the goal line.
As an impartial viewer, it was a good call. Without the full arm extension, he doesn't get the final separation to make the catch.... You know, offensive PI.
Agree the call was a good one, but I don't think it was necessary. Kittle had spec enough that with his size advantage he should have had no issue elevating to high point the ball... and he might not have even had to do that... the throw was that good.
Best individual officials the NFL has... as based upon their accumulative 2020 grades... should collectively call a great game.
TD call was very, very close, but in the one freeze frame they showed that was frozen when his toe hit the sideline chalk the ball had just broken the plane of the goal line.
Agree the call was a good one, but I don't think it was necessary. Kittle had spec enough that with his size advantage he should have had no issue elevating to high point the ball... and he might not have even had to do that... the throw was that good.
I agree it was close.. I guess it would've been ok either way.. You could make a case for both sides....
-
That's exactly what happened.
The Chiefs contained the 9ers vaunted rushing attack.
... Nevermind that the Niners averaged almost the same YPC as they did YPP.
Without the added benefit of the QB being involved as a runner.
... Nevermind that the Niners averaged almost the same YPC as they did YPP.
Without the added benefit of the QB being involved as a runner.
Well They got creative with Deebo and he picked up 53 of the 140 yards or so they had on the ground.
bottomline the 9ers thrived all year with 2nd and manageable and then you saw play action or they just picked up a 2nd and 5 on the ground and chewed up clock. That didn’t happen as often this game. If it happened a few more times maybe that 9er vaunted D gets a breather maybe the 9ers aren’t forced to make Jimmy G a gunslinger.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login