Odell Beckham Breaks Silence on Browns Coaching Hires, Expectations
-
I'll believe OBJ is serious when he shows up for all voluntary activities. Before that it's just mouth exercise.?
Depends on how long the recovery is for that surgery he had.
-
Honestly, I really think that's a real slice of OBJ. Of course, until it's not.
They didn't want to admit it, but both Beckham and Landry were playing hurt much of the year. Fixing Mayfield is a bigger issue than fixing OBJ- MHO.
It is, but it won't be hard. The Kitchens/Monken O was a mess. That was doomed from day 1....we had early reports the team was having a hard time installing the O....they were still trying to install on the last game. It's going to be much different this season. Baker will look more like baker the rookie.
-
Honestly, I really think that's a real slice of OBJ. Of course, until it's not.
They didn't want to admit it, but both Beckham and Landry were playing hurt much of the year. Fixing Mayfield is a bigger issue than fixing OBJ- MHO.
That would all be fine if there wasn't the "You gotta get me outta here" he blew in opponents' ears after games. Maybe the change in coaches has him inspired in the sense that he won't always feel like our offense is a lost Hee Haw episode.
To your last point/concern. FWIW, fixing Mayfield wasn't nearly as difficult when Ken Zampese was his position coach. Big reason is he put in the work in the off season to prove he was a legit #1 overall pick and the numbers didn't lie. He wasn't even the starter when he arrived - so there was more work to be done before he stepped into the starting job and achieved some success at it. Unfortunately, the record setting rookie TD passes volume had him thinking this was an easier gig than anticipated; so the 2nd year outcome was very different. It followed the old saying "if you fail to prepare then you should prepare to fail."
We shall see...
-
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride. We all kind of knew it was a problem when he said he couldn't "fully open up", and for a speedy WR, that can't be a good thing. However, I WAS impressed by him playing all 16 games. He could have EASILY shut it down at the end but he didn't do that. I'm beyond hopeful that his surgery will allow him to be his old self, and we could see a brand new passing attack based on his ability alone. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
-
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride. We all kind of knew it was a problem when he said he couldn't "fully open up", and for a speedy WR, that can't be a good thing. However, I WAS impressed by him playing all 16 games. He could have EASILY shut it down at the end but he didn't do that. I'm beyond hopeful that his surgery will allow him to be his old self, and we could see a brand new passing attack based on his ability alone. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride.
Yes....I remember when NYG dumped him and CLE got him......my first reaction was "what's wrong with him".....or did Cleveland just get the steal of the decade?
Hopefully OBJ and Landry (and Njoku) return to form and the BROWNS will have a scary passing attack to go along with their running attack.
-
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride. We all kind of knew it was a problem when he said he couldn't "fully open up", and for a speedy WR, that can't be a good thing. However, I WAS impressed by him playing all 16 games. He could have EASILY shut it down at the end but he didn't do that. I'm beyond hopeful that his surgery will allow him to be his old self, and we could see a brand new passing attack based on his ability alone. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
Humble and hungry. The entire team top to bottom.
Yes and not so full of themselves as HBO movie stars and commercial pitchmen. Remember that and how we were all into that stuff?

-
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride. We all kind of knew it was a problem when he said he couldn't "fully open up", and for a speedy WR, that can't be a good thing. However, I WAS impressed by him playing all 16 games. He could have EASILY shut it down at the end but he didn't do that. I'm beyond hopeful that his surgery will allow him to be his old self, and we could see a brand new passing attack based on his ability alone. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
OBJ kind of ticked me off with his drops this year and never really found his stride. We all kind of knew it was a problem when he said he couldn't "fully open up", and for a speedy WR, that can't be a good thing. However, I WAS impressed by him playing all 16 games. He could have EASILY shut it down at the end but he didn't do that. I'm beyond hopeful that his surgery will allow him to be his old self, and we could see a brand new passing attack based on his ability alone. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
Humble and hungry. The entire team top to bottom.
Yes and not so full of themselves as HBO movie stars and commercial pitchmen. Remember that and how we were all into that stuff?

I have ordered my Pollyanna Popcorn for August already. Cleaning the lenses off on the Brown tinted sunglasses.? Warming up the old voice......."The sun'll come out tomorrow!"?
️
-
. He had the surgery early which means he will be available for all the offseason stuff which is imperative when a new staff comes in. I think the off field stuff will go away and we'll see a humble, hungry team.
Humble and hungry. The entire team top to bottom.
Yes and not so full of themselves as HBO movie stars and commercial pitchmen. Remember that and how we were all into that stuff?

Humble and hungry. The entire team top to bottom.
Yes and not so full of themselves as HBO movie stars and commercial pitchmen. Remember that and how we were all into that stuff?

Oh I remember. I remember thinking we were literally going to throw the ball all over the place and Baker would take a step in his development. I believe I predicted 9 wins at the low side, and 11 at the high side. Whoops.
Baker definitely got baptized last year, and that could really be the absolute best thing to happen to him in his young career.
-
At some point this will not end well. I just hope before it ends we have a Lombardi trophy on display in Berea
At some point this will not end well. I just hope before it ends we have a Lombardi trophy on display in Berea
i agree....but no lombardi trophy will be had.....unless we have a defense...yes there are issues with the offense....but the d is so bad that i don't see that being fixed in 1 or 2 yrs...so to your point, that is why it will not end well....obj will get frustrated again and cause problems....its in his dna....so forget all that bullshit that he said on this thread......he's obj and will always be obj....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login