Skip to content

I'm Attending the Draft in Vegas, is anyone else going?

The Browns Board
69 19 2.5k 1
  • @stillmotion said:

    About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    Sounds like a blast!  Have fun!  

    If you run into the Las Vegas Raiders brand new mascot named Ghoolie - tell him Leg Humpers is also looking for a mascot to promote the sale of their depressants to the black hole.  Stay away from belly rubs but if you catch him mounting Gruden's leg - you might want to get that on camera.  Then for good measure, tell him Flugel predicted it and get a picture of his reaction too...

    @flugel said:

    Sounds like a blast!  Have fun!  

    If you run into the Las Vegas Raiders brand new mascot named Ghoolie - tell him Leg Humpers is also looking for a mascot to promote the sale of their depressants to the black hole.  Stay away from belly rubs but if you catch him mounting Gruden's leg - you might want to get that on camera.  Then for good measure, tell him Flugel predicted it and get a picture of his reaction too...

    I actually think Ghoolie would be a blast to drink with. I'll for sure hit him up. Hopefully he doesn't try to steal my girlfriend.

  • @flugel said:

    Sounds like a blast!  Have fun!  

    If you run into the Las Vegas Raiders brand new mascot named Ghoolie - tell him Leg Humpers is also looking for a mascot to promote the sale of their depressants to the black hole.  Stay away from belly rubs but if you catch him mounting Gruden's leg - you might want to get that on camera.  Then for good measure, tell him Flugel predicted it and get a picture of his reaction too...

    I actually think Ghoolie would be a blast to drink with. I'll for sure hit him up. Hopefully he doesn't try to steal my girlfriend.

    @stillmotion said:

    I actually think Ghoolie would be a blast to drink with. I'll for sure hit him up. Hopefully he doesn't try to steal my girlfriend.

    I've said it before the real life (I've met him a bunch of times) Tom- aka Ghoolie- is nothing like the on line version. I've never been able to figure out why he had the compulsion to act like a total ass on the Board.  

    Though he got all mad and blocked a bunch of us on his Facebook page when he was kicked off for good. I still have his phone # in my directory, unless he's changed it. PM me if you want it. 

  • @flugel said:

    Sounds like a blast!  Have fun!  

    If you run into the Las Vegas Raiders brand new mascot named Ghoolie - tell him Leg Humpers is also looking for a mascot to promote the sale of their depressants to the black hole.  Stay away from belly rubs but if you catch him mounting Gruden's leg - you might want to get that on camera.  Then for good measure, tell him Flugel predicted it and get a picture of his reaction too...

    I actually think Ghoolie would be a blast to drink with. I'll for sure hit him up. Hopefully he doesn't try to steal my girlfriend.

    @stillmotion said:

    I actually think Ghoolie would be a blast to drink with. I'll for sure hit him up. Hopefully he doesn't try to steal my girlfriend.

    As long as your girlfriend doesn't look like a black dude, you should be fine.

  • About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    @stillmotion said:

    About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    should be fun what casino you staying at ?

    if you havnt booked one yet the casino royal is the cheapest if you want to be close to the draft they will serve you untill you fall off your chair and if cheap hookers are you thing they got em

  • @stillmotion said:

    About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    should be fun what casino you staying at ?

    if you havnt booked one yet the casino royal is the cheapest if you want to be close to the draft they will serve you untill you fall off your chair and if cheap hookers are you thing they got em

    @atom said:

    should be fun what casino you staying at ?

    if you havnt booked one yet the casino royal is the cheapest if you want to be close to the draft they will serve you untill you fall off your chair and if cheap hookers are you thing they got em

    also if you like white castles there is one in there 

  • Will there be a 2020 NFL draft with the fans?   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/will-the-2020-nfl-draft-be-canceled-due-to-coronavirus-heres-the-latest-on-the-situation

    March 12, 2020 CBS Sports

    Although the continuing spread of coronavirus has already led to the cancellation of multiple sporting events around the world and the total suspension of the current NBA season, one event that's still currently scheduled to take place is the 2020 NFL Draft. 

    The NFL has announced that the league is still planning to hold the draft in Las Vegas, despite the ongoing spread of COVID-19, which is the technical name of this strain of coronavirus. 

    "Our plans remain in place," the league said in a statement. "The NFL continues to closely monitor coronavirus developments and has been in contact with the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the NFL-NFLPA's medical experts at the Duke Infection Control Outreach Network (DICON). We will continue to monitor and share guidance as the situation warrants and as our experts recommend."

    Kevin Seifert@SeifertESPN
    Asked @NFL about potential changes to offseason schedule due to coronavirus. Referred to earlier statement: “Our plans remain in place.”

    Owners meetings in 20 days.

    First offseason workouts April 6.

    Full statement:

    As of Wednesday, the disease has been labeled a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. 

    World Health Organization (WHO)@WHO
    🚨 BREAKING 🚨

    "We have therefore made the assessment that #COVID19 can be characterized as a pandemic"-@DrTedros #coronavirus

    Even if the spread of the disease continues, the NFL probably won't fully cancel the draft, and that's because it's the one event on the NFL calendar that can be held without people interacting in person. Although the league could end up canceling the portion of the draft open to the public, the rest of the event could easily be conducted through a video conference. As recently as 1994, the draft was conducted in a hotel conference room with no fans in attendance........ continued in the link.........

  • Yea, wouldn't that be a bite in the ass.

  • While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

  • While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    @d-bone said:

    While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    I think it was actually going to be held on the streets with like 100,00 screaming, spitting neanderthals, and a few Cro-Magnon thrown in for good measure!!

  • While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    @d-bone said:

    While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

  • While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    @d-bone said:

    While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

  • @d-bone said:

    While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    @mjp28 said:

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    Not even that.  It looks like the Big Ten has cancelled its tournament.  So not even games on TV. 

  • The Players Championship is going on. 

  • @d-bone said:

    While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old. 

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    @mjp28 said:

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

  • For those about to retire the market is also very scary for those who want to buy stocks, mutual funds, whatever everything is ON SALE !

    And just try to relax when you read your next 401(k) statement.  Your current and future purchases will also be a big bargain.

    Screenshot_2020-03-12_143525.jpg

  • About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    @stillmotion said:

    About 7 of my friends who grew up in Cleveland and I are all flying down Thursday the 23rd and staying till Monday.

    Is anyone else going to Las Vegas for the draft? I've been to the Browns Backers club down there before and they're awesome people.

    Regardless, I think it's a one in a life thing to do, and i'll be reppin' us hardcore.

    Would have been fun.

  • @mjp28 said:

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

    Sorry to say, maybe years.   Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.

    We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.

  • The answer to the thread title now would be NO. Literally nobody else is going,lol.

  • @mjp28 said:

    America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes.  We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.

    The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.

    NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.

    I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully.  Games on TV only ?  Not fun.

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

    Your daughter is young so no problem there. Plus Australia has a hot weather and that prevents a bit the spreading of the virus. 

    Mortality rate in people younger than 50 and without any previous condition is 0,2%

  • @d-bone said:

    Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months. 

    Sorry to say, maybe years.   Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.

    We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.

    @ballpeen said:

    Sorry to say, maybe years.   Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.

    We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.

    We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus. 

    And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses. 

    Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.